IGNORED

Will I ever see my clubs again??? :~(

Jay-Bird
Note: This thread is 5214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will I ever see my clubs again?

• Yes
    • No

I am glad you got your clubs back!

I have worked for two different airlines and would personally be concerned about carrying my clubs on any airline. I'm not as worried about theft as I am damage. Always use locks on your bags to help prevent theft on your club bag as well as personal luggage. You have to use the TSA approved locks or you risk having them cut off and your bag traveling the rest of the way unprotected. I'm sure someone out there has figured out how to hack the TSA locks and could steal something if they really wanted, but they probably won't waste their time if there are other bags that are unprotected.

Make sure your bags have solid identification on it and keep your baggage receipts for assisting in locating lost bags. I would get the strongest golf case I could get to help protect my clubs because you can bet they are going to get thrown around. Most baggage handlers aren't going to take it easy on your clubs or any other bags. I've walked around preflighting aircraft before flights and watched guys drop bags out of cargo holds to the ground, let them fall off the conveyer belts that carry bags to and from the aircraft doors, and throw bags onto the belts like they are bails of hay. Put something strong in your bag that is longer than your driver to help take the shock of any beatings and protect your shafts. I've seen broomsticks used, and there are even specialty sticks that can be bought to do this. My brother-in-law weaves a golf towel throughout his shafts to help protect them. Not sure if it works or not, but I haven't heard of him having any damaged clubs while flying.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!