IGNORED

Will I ever see my clubs again??? :~(

Jay-Bird
Note: This thread is 5188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will I ever see my clubs again?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think that the OP would appreciate this joke. But then again, maybe you aren't joking because I didn't see any winks or smileys at the end of your comment.

It wasn't a joke, it would come in handy, there would be no disputing the value. Those values are the price that someone would pay for the clubs. They have trade-in prices and re-sell prices.

Anyway, either someone stole them or they're going to end up at a random store in a random part of the country for sale. Unfortunately, thats what happens to lost luggage. My Grandfather has flown a certain airline twice, and they lost his luggage both time. The second time someone found his suitcase with his business card in it at a store and he had to buy it back.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I fly a lot... over 100K/yr and the airlines have lost my bags, (not clubs, always just baggage) more times than I can count. The longest they were ever lost for was 3-4 days. I think they went to Hawaii and I went to SFO. During that time, I've never had anything lost permanently. *KNOCK* ... *KNOCK* on wood. They have always made their way to me eventually.

Usually I can get hold of someone that can at least tell me where they are however. The tracking ticket is checked at each stop along the way, so it would be in their system from the time you checked them in, through each layover, until they arrive at the destination. The last time this happened, I checked my number at the airport in their computer and it even showed what baggage claim turnstile they arrived on (different from what it should have been) I walked to that number and sure enough, there was my bag. As long as it is in the system, then you should be OK. If it wasn't in the system, then I would be concerned. From your statements it sounds like its most likely waiting for a flight to be placed on. I voted yes, you will get them back.

... The tracking ticket is checked at each stop along the way, so it would be in their system from the time you checked them in, through each layover, until they arrive at the destination. The last time this happened, I checked my number at the airport in their computer and it even showed what baggage claim turnstile they arrived on (different from what it should have been) I walked to that number and sure enough, there was my bag. As long as it is in the system, then you should be OK. If it wasn't in the system, then I would be concerned. From your statements it sounds like its most likely waiting for a flight to be placed on. I voted yes, you will get them back.

Every time I check the status online it says "has not been located".

The guy at the counter in KC told me that they do not scan baggage - that they do not have the capacity to do so. True - the bags are scanned at the ticket counter, but never again until they are either at the final destination, or at the wrong airport. This may not be the case will all airlines, it may even vary from airport to airport. But don't let them fool you - they don't know anything until the bag is in their hands.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

The other possibility is that the baggage tags are lost, possibly ripped off. Behind the scenes baggage handling equipment is pretty rough on bags and if something is hanging off the bag it could be ripped off, that's why you sometimes see bags with ripped zippers. Even something designed to be on a bag could get torn off. I know people who have lost bags that way but eventually got them back because they left identifying information within the bag itself.

Last week I flew westbound over the pond and had to check my usual rollerbag (the Xmas Day incident happened while I was away) because only one carry on was allowed. I duct taped all the zip handles flush against the bag, it looked dumb but the check-in agent knew why I did it and said it was a decent idea.

Have you looked to claim against travel insurance or see if homeowners insurance will cover the clubs, some policies do.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

This brings up a good question: when to check for damages? I worry that going through a golf bag at the airport would be mis-interpreted by TSA, but if you leave with the bag, you might not be able to claim anything as missing/damaged.

I'd check the integrity of the clubs before leaving the baggage claim area for sure. Take it to a quiet area near the wall and open it up and check them out. As long as you're not making a giant mess I would be surprised if anyone said anything.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I just checked the status online - as I have been regularly for the last day - and to my HUGE surprise the status changed from "not yet located" to " has arrived at MCI and is scheduled to be picked up for delivery by 1:30. Please allow 6 hours for delivery ."

As I'm reading my cell phone rings - 'unavailable' - it's the baggage claim guy for the airline - he tells me that my golf bag is in and it will be delivered tonight.

He clarifies and says it will be more like the early morning (3 or 4) - because it will go out with the 'midnight run'...

So HOPEFULLY they arrive unscathed. !!!!!

Good news!

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

I

Excellent... just make sure you post back and let us know if all is there and everything looks good (fingers crossed for ya).

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

That is great!!! Glad to hear a happy ending to this.
I am planning on going to Orlando for a business trip in April and taking my clubs along for an afternoon round. Hopefully I have better luck.

Driver Hyper X 9*
3 Wood Tight Lies
Hybrids Hyper X 3 & 4
Irons 5 - 9, PW Mizuno JPX 800
Wedge 50, 54, 60 Vokey Spin Milled Putter Ping Anser Ball e7+

Its good to hear you got them back,hope there all there and o.k.They should be fine though.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

my grandma had lost her clothes so they gave her 200 bucks for clothes and they eventually showed up
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Glad you got your clubs back, that is great news!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Every time I check the status online it says "has not been located".

Thats really interesting, what airline were you on? I'm guessing American due to you going through DFW, I think that is one of their hubs. About 3-4 months ago my bags were lost and when I called the rep told me that they never made my connection in Chicago, that they knew the bag was still in Chicago, and which flight it was scheduled to be sent to the final destination on. They were correct as the bag arrived on that flight the next day. I fly United pretty much exclusively and I know that they have a pretty extensive baggage monitoring system, but I thought the tracking was airport based and not airline based, however that is an assumption on my part based upon multiple experiences like the above.

I have read some of your later posts and it appears that they have located your bag, glad to hear that it was tracked down! Just check everything closely when they drop them off to make sure they aren't damaged in any way.

That really stinks. I would definitely make sure you do whatever you can to get money to buy new clubs if you don't get your clubs back.

^^^ This is good advice ^^^ I've never traveled with my gamers, I hesitate to even take my best backup set on the plane with me.

Glad you got your bag back!

I got my clubs this morning at 4:00 am. Everything is fine with them. There was a "RUSH" sticker on them from Miami Int'l. So - it's pretty obvious that they never made the initial flight - then apparently weren't so "rushed" to KCI. But I am super glad to have them back.

It was American Airlines. I had to pay $25 for them to check the ••••ing bag, and they still delayed it... I will be calling the airline to see about at least getting that $25 refunded.

What a nightmare.

What a horror story, but at least you got them back! How about damage?

It is reading stuff like this and being warned by golf pro's, that drove me to always, always, ship my clubs ahead of time to my hotel via FEDEX or UPS. Costs a little more but well worth the peace of mind.

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

After reading the thread, I voted yes.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

• Administrator
After reading the thread, I voted yes.

Ha ha ha ha. WIN!

I was wrong. I voted no. But I'm super glad I was wrong.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!