IGNORED

WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship

TheTourReporter
Note: This thread is 6995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Just knowing that one of the top five will probably not win this (even though Tiger won the last two), I picked KJ Choi. Don't ask me why other than I think he has the game to win a major and he has the temperament to play match play. I will say that it was hard not to pick one of the European Ryder Cuppers since they all seem to be so much better at this than the Americans.

Americans have historically done

much better at individual match play. It's the team match play that always gets 'em.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just knowing that one of the top five will probably not win this (even though Tiger won the last two), I picked KJ Choi. Don't ask me why other than I think he has the game to win a major and he has the temperament to play match play. I will say that it was hard not to pick one of the European Ryder Cuppers since they all seem to be so much better at this than the Americans.

That is exactly why I have Darren Clarke in my Final Four. I also think that if my pick to win it all, Adam Scott, gets beat it will be by Sergio (who I named my dog after oddly enough) and he will win the Snead bracket.

The only bracket I had a hard time deciding on was Vijay's. I think I finally went with Cink, but I wanted to go with Kaye, just because it would be so cool if he won.

They need to move the whole west coast swing to March or April and play hte Florida tournaments now, it'll be better for everyone.

While I do agree that that is a good idea, as a native of the area, this February and January has been out of control. I've talked with the members at the course, who are quite a bit older than me, and they, along with me, have never seen this much rain in these two months. We usually get our rain in March and April.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

TMFan, can you email, or post here, everyone's picks por favor. I'd like to follow my standings.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Okay the first round is done with some huge upsets. Weir hurt some people really badly, Howell III was another big favorite. Darren Clarke pretty much took me out of the running. Here are the standings after round 1:
  • Erik - 22 correct
  • Ben - 22
  • Aaron - 21
  • Kiran - 21
  • Dan - 16

Basically it's anyone's game right now. I'm still not sure how I'm going to score things, I've been playing around with the idea of increasing point values for later round wins. If someone picks the winner I think they should be rewarded for that, but we'll see.

Hrmmmm. The head of this place mysteriously in the lead after day one... Sounds fishy!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Haas taking out Vijay wasn't much of a surprise to me, and was great for all the people that didn't pick Vijay (ESPN Fantasy). Then along came Nick O'Hearn, what the hell was that Tiger?! Nick O'Hearn!? Sheesh.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Haas taking out Vijay wasn't much of a surprise to me, and was great for all the people that didn't pick Vijay (ESPN Fantasy). Then along came Nick O'Hearn, what the hell was that Tiger?! Nick O'Hearn!? Sheesh.

Right now Mr. Slice is the only one with a chance at the finals. The scoring will work like this

• Round 1 - 1 point/correct pick
  • Round 2 - 1.5 point
  • Round 3 - 3 points
  • Round 4 - 6 points
  • Round 5 - 12 points for the winner
We'll see how things shape up, I'm pretty much out of the running since Scott's the only player I've really got left.

Okay, Campbell/Jiminez finally finished, so here are the 2nd round scores:
  • Erik - 9 picks 13.5 points
  • Ben - 7 picks 10.5
  • Aaron - 7 picks 10.5
  • Dan - 6 picks 9
  • Kiran - 4 picks 6

Overall:
  • Erik - 35 points
  • Ben - 32.5
  • Aaron - 31.5
  • Dan - 25
  • Kiran - 25

I love how unpredictable match play is. Can we say wow?

Nick O'Hern played fantastic golf, not only against Tiger, but also against Luke Donald (who many experts assumed would be the one guy who could beat Tiger in that bracket). I was so glad to get to sit home and watch the coverage all day long. I also loved seeing my two faves go head-to-head, with my pick (Adam Scott) coming out on top. I still don't see anyone beating him, and with Tiger and Phil out of his way, he should sail into the Final smoothly.

How am I the only one with a shot at the finals, though? Because I still have Cink alive? Just curious. At least we know the guy adding the points isn't cheating. Isn't that right, Kiran?

How am I the only one with a shot at the finals, though? Because I still have Cink alive? Just curious. At least we know the guy adding the points isn't cheating. Isn't that right, Kiran?

EVERYONE else picked Woods to win, you picked Scott who's still alive. All my players are done, my point total is going to sit right here along with everyone else. With that fun introduction here are the updated Round 3 results:

• Aaron - 9 points
  • Dan and Ben - 6 points
  • Everyone else - 3 points
Totals:
  • Aaron - 40.5
  • Erik - 38
  • Ben - 38.5
  • Dan - 34
  • Kiran - 30

Okay now that Adam Scott's done, and no one picked Retief to get past the finals, the competition is done.

4th Round:

• Dan - 6 points
  • Ben - 6 points

Total:
  • Ben - 44.5
  • Aaron - 40.5
  • Dan - 40
  • Erik - 38.5
  • Kiran - 30 DOH!

Retief saved you at the end Ben! Congratulations, PM sent.

How about David Toms . . . the guy's like a heat seeking missle, I don't know if anyone can stop him. Retief just gave DiMarco the match too . . . but I'll give DiMarco some credit, because he's sunk some clutch putts.

Oh well, thanks to everyone for participating, if you want to see everyone esles pics drop me a line and I'll e-mail you the list.

Yeah baby! Thanks again for making this happen TMFan.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Anybody see the caddie up in the tree today? He was up there for a while looking for Goosen's ball. Finally after a long time he knocked a ball out. Goosen laughed and it wasn't his ball.

Then STRANGELY Goosen conceeded the hole!

Anybody see the caddie up in the tree today? He was up there for a while looking for Goosen's ball. Finally after a long time he knocked a ball out. Goosen laughed and it wasn't his ball.

I thought it was a pretty classy move personally. They spent way more than five minutes up that tree even though no one knew exactly where it was. Retief was looking at a six at least on a hole without any major hazards with a lead.

I can't say I'd have done the same, but it was certainly the gentlemanly thing to do IMHO.

Note: This thread is 6995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!