IGNORED

how many of you are doing what you want to be?

Laxplayer201092
Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am doing what I want to do and the job I have does not require a college education, but I am glad I have one. It's a nice cushion to have and people look at you different when you have one, no matter what job you are doing.

Cleveland Hibore XL
Mizuno F60 3 wood
3-PW MP 68
52 & 56 Vokey
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those people who want to better their lives and therefore better society by going to college should be able to.

So people who donbt go to college arent bettering their lives or society?

I'm not taking any sort of political/social opinion on this or saying that either of you is right; I'm merely correcting a logical fallacy.

Jamo's post relies on that assumption that "going to college enables people to better their lives and better society" -- or, in other words, "if one goes to college, one can better his life and better society." So let C = "one goes to college" and B = "one can better his life and better society," and in terms of propositional logic the sentence becomes "if C, then B." ApocG10 misreads Jamo's post to mean "if one doesn't go college, one cannot better his life and better society" -- in other words, "if C is not the case, then B is not the case." This is the inverse of the original conditional statement; a conditional does not imply its inverse. (For instance, "if I get a hole-in-one, I'll be happy" does not imply "if I don't get a hole-in-one, I won't be happy.")

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!