IGNORED

Five reasons I'll be watching the Euro Tour this year

uttexas
Note: This thread is 5180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

BBC coverage of the Masters and the Open is probably as good as Golf coverage gets at the moment.Classy, appropriate commentary intermingled with occasional, and very informative clips covering the course in general, certain holes, Golf technology and player interviews.Plus, there's Peter Alliss, who always tells it like it is.Quite entertaining.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

He had a fluid build up behind his retina, which messed with his depth perception.He couldn't judge distances.It also gave him balance problems.You try playing that level of golf with those ailments.

A gobshite if there was ever one!

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

What a win by Jimenez in the playoff with Westwood,very exciting playoff.Felt sorry for Quiros,the putter deserted him.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Miguel Angel Jimenez is always a good reason to watch the Euro Tour. I love how he puffs out his chest like a rooster when he walks. It makes his paunch look like it's four feet in front of the rest of him at all times (I'm not sure about his listed weight of 162 pounds), but he's so bad-ass that he pulls it off.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

And once he gets in the clubhouse he fires up the cigar. Badass indeed, but in a classy way.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How do you know there is no drama on the Euro Tour? What you see of the PGA is mostly local (i.e., US) news and most Europeans are not going to hear about it, and vice-versa. From what I can see, there are at least as many a**** on the Euro Tour as there are on the PGA, if not more. I could name several, but I think they are pretty obvious.

Both types of commentary are different, but equally good. And, I like listening to Sir Nick, even if his technical analysis is a little sloppy and he rambles on some. Also like Kelly Tilghman.

Enjoy the different courses and seeing players I am not familiar with.

Crowds at the Euro events definitely seem to be of the gentrified, old money variety. However, you also don't get the persistent idiots yelling "get in the hole."

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!