Sign in to follow this  
kpaulhus

Rickie Fowler

Note: This thread is 3424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

79 posts / 28439 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I gotta say, I think this kid has talent we haven't seen in young guys in a long time. Don't get me wrong, AK is good, Rory is good...This kid has made a bit of a follower out of me. I was watching Sunday routing for him because of his tenacity...unflappable confidence and at times it really seemed like he had been playing on the tour as long as a watney, zach j, ogilvy and the like. The kid can drive the ball well for his stature (all of 5 foot 100 nothin)...and like another mentioned a hot putter and wedges that seemed like the older wedges that according to Feherty, "these young guns have never seen or heard of before." The orange wonder is makin a believer outta me

Agreed. I definitely feel like Fowler could win at least one event this year. He does seem to be more comfortable out there than many rookies. I don't know how many people heard the interview he did after the Farmers but he basically said something to the effect of "that's just golf. Sometimes you play well and sometimes not". While I did not feel like he had the interview presence of a tour veteran (he did come off a bit as a kid) I really admired his confidence in his playing and nonchalance about his poor performance in the first 2 tournaments.

Here's a link to the interview if anybody wants to listen to it. http://audioboo.fm/boos/92913-rickie...gles-this-week

I dont know what it is about his swing but when I seen him at last years childrens miracle network classic it sure looked better in person than it does on tv. He can really hit the ball far as small as he is!

I'd never really read or heard much about him. Knew he was a star out of Oklahoma, knew he is from Southern Cal. Didn't form much of an opinion of him until reading his interview in last month's Golf Digest. I liked what I read. Seems like a good kid. I didn't watch the Hope at all, but did catch a lot of San Diego. What I saw if Ricky impressed me. I'm thinking he'll make a good career for himself.

I'd never really read or heard much about him. Knew he was a star out of Oklahoma, knew he is from Southern Cal. Didn't form much of an opinion of him until reading his interview in last month's Golf Digest. I liked what I read. Seems like a good kid. I didn't watch the Hope at all, but did catch a lot of San Diego. What I saw if Ricky impressed me. I'm thinking he'll make a good career for himself.

Considering all the hype that has been around him, Rickie didn't have the amateur record one would expect. No U.S. Amateur or Publinx title (in fact, no runner-up finishes, either), no Western Amateur, no NCAA individual championship. It's unusual for someone to be labeled the next big thing without the hardware to back those claims up.

Would it be tactless to say that I just realized he's half Japanese?

He was an all american twice. From what I know of him he won at every level. Can you believe he didn't go for the green on 18. I was very surprised and I am sure he is kicking himself for that. I really like his swing. He has alot of confiidence in it and it shows.

His swing looks out of control. Obviously, it is not. But my question is, can he maintain consistency with so much "feel" to the swing?

Can you believe he didn't go for the green on 18. I was very surprised and I am sure he is kicking himself for that. I really like his swing. He has alot of confiidence in it and it shows.

i think youre talking about michael sim

This tournament at Scottsdale was the first time I've seen Fowler and I'm officially on the 'bandwagon'.
Golf needs guys like him and McIlroy...

Is it just me or does his eyebrows look panted on?? As of now I'm not a Fowler fan. Lays up when he should go for it!

To be fair, he's considered one of the best in the world from 100 yards in. The lay up made sense to him.

Somebody needs to show him how to wear a golf hat............and wear it the right size, not hanging over his ears.....

^^ thats how these young dude sport hats I guess
its whatever - its nice to see some change in the sport
I like him....he's wicked good and yes his 100 yds and in is deadly - averaging 6ft~! thats incredible

needs to take a few more chances, but he will be one to watch for sure

Is it just me or does his eyebrows look panted on?? As of now I'm not a Fowler fan. Lays up when he should go for it!

Is it just me, or does his face look like a skinny white Charles Barkley with hair?

There is no guarantee that folwer makes a birdie by going for the green. He played the hole in the way he thought he could best score. I cant really fault him for that. It just didnt work out.

Note: This thread is 3424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!