IGNORED

Rickie Fowler

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oklahoma State is Orange and black. I think it is fun to see some of the young players sport their college colors.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, I think this kid has talent we haven't seen in young guys in a long time. Don't get me wrong, AK is good, Rory is good...This kid has made a bit of a follower out of me. I was watching Sunday routing for him because of his tenacity...unflappable confidence and at times it really seemed like he had been playing on the tour as long as a watney, zach j, ogilvy and the like. The kid can drive the ball well for his stature (all of 5 foot 100 nothin)...and like another mentioned a hot putter and wedges that seemed like the older wedges that according to Feherty, "these young guns have never seen or heard of before." The orange wonder is makin a believer outta me

Agreed. I definitely feel like Fowler could win at least one event this year. He does seem to be more comfortable out there than many rookies. I don't know how many people heard the interview he did after the Farmers but he basically said something to the effect of "that's just golf. Sometimes you play well and sometimes not". While I did not feel like he had the interview presence of a tour veteran (he did come off a bit as a kid) I really admired his confidence in his playing and nonchalance about his poor performance in the first 2 tournaments.

Here's a link to the interview if anybody wants to listen to it. http://audioboo.fm/boos/92913-rickie...gles-this-week

I dont know what it is about his swing but when I seen him at last years childrens miracle network classic it sure looked better in person than it does on tv. He can really hit the ball far as small as he is!
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

I'd never really read or heard much about him. Knew he was a star out of Oklahoma, knew he is from Southern Cal. Didn't form much of an opinion of him until reading his interview in last month's Golf Digest. I liked what I read. Seems like a good kid. I didn't watch the Hope at all, but did catch a lot of San Diego. What I saw if Ricky impressed me. I'm thinking he'll make a good career for himself.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'd never really read or heard much about him. Knew he was a star out of Oklahoma, knew he is from Southern Cal. Didn't form much of an opinion of him until reading his interview in last month's Golf Digest. I liked what I read. Seems like a good kid. I didn't watch the Hope at all, but did catch a lot of San Diego. What I saw if Ricky impressed me. I'm thinking he'll make a good career for himself.

Considering all the hype that has been around him, Rickie didn't have the amateur record one would expect. No U.S. Amateur or Publinx title (in fact, no runner-up finishes, either), no Western Amateur, no NCAA individual championship. It's unusual for someone to be labeled the next big thing without the hardware to back those claims up.

Would it be tactless to say that I just realized he's half Japanese?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

He was an all american twice. From what I know of him he won at every level. Can you believe he didn't go for the green on 18. I was very surprised and I am sure he is kicking himself for that. I really like his swing. He has alot of confiidence in it and it shows.

Brian

he might look like a "girly man" but he can change that with a hair cut and hitting the gym....all while collecting his serious PGA checks lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

His swing looks out of control. Obviously, it is not. But my question is, can he maintain consistency with so much "feel" to the swing?

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

Can you believe he didn't go for the green on 18. I was very surprised and I am sure he is kicking himself for that. I really like his swing. He has alot of confiidence in it and it shows.

i think youre talking about michael sim

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• 4 weeks later...
This tournament at Scottsdale was the first time I've seen Fowler and I'm officially on the 'bandwagon'.
Golf needs guys like him and McIlroy...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Is it just me or does his eyebrows look panted on?? As of now I'm not a Fowler fan. Lays up when he should go for it!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Is it just me or does his eyebrows look panted on?? As of now I'm not a Fowler fan. Lays up when he should go for it!

To be fair, he's considered one of the best in the world from 100 yards in. The lay up made sense to him.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

^^ thats how these young dude sport hats I guess
its whatever - its nice to see some change in the sport
I like him....he's wicked good and yes his 100 yds and in is deadly - averaging 6ft~! thats incredible

needs to take a few more chances, but he will be one to watch for sure
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Is it just me, or does his face look like a skinny white Charles Barkley with hair?

There is no guarantee that folwer makes a birdie by going for the green. He played the hole in the way he thought he could best score. I cant really fault him for that. It just didnt work out.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Going for it in two is overrated. Percentage play is the lay up, wedge, putt.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!