IGNORED

Christians

James Hall
Note: This thread is 5179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

lol, the good old second law of thermodynamics misinterpretation. aka the biggest, dumbest strawman argument EVER. this applies to a closed system. the earth is not a closed system. it is constantly being bombarded with energy by a little thing called the sun.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the very well preserved Mammoths that have been found in Siberia? They literally look like they lived yesterday. Truly amazing.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but why the anger and sarcasm?

“I have a bridge to sell you” infers that you are somehow smarter or more knowing…you are a kid if I remember correctly, you certainly don’t want to get into comparing sales, business history or life skills with some on this forum. You seem to think you are a smart guy and you may well be…however guys like me (I am not alone on this forum) hire smart guys like you to make us money while we are busy golfing!! Smart guys like you are actually fairly cheap in the big picture. The college degree you are so proud of is only the first baby step in life. So please express your opinion but leave out the arrogance.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Are some in here denying the fact that Jesus was a man?

Or was He all made up too?

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but why the anger and sarcasm?

Ah, good to see the old low shot in play. It's even funnier if you know where I live and what I do for a living, but humble thyself in the sight of the lord, yes? The funniest part is, I

am a Christian, I just don't think the Bible should be interpreted literally .

So, let me get this straight... Some guys wrote a book, and said God actually wrote it... And you believe them? And the proof comes from their book?

You say and believe things like that and you're a Christian?

Hummmmmmm........ that's pretty weird. To denounce something that speaks about and explains the Christian beliefs, "your" beliefs, that's really quite strange.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Check my join date genious. If I would have "come here just to spread the word or something" I would have done it a month ago.

Sure. Right after you tell me what a "genious" is...

Fact remains you don't even seem to be a golfer. You just post here.
How many times do you want me to repeat myself? I have already answered that.

You haven't answered it well. Others have already shown you how wrong you are. Besides, you seem to accept that dinosaurs existed, so where are they written about in the Bible? Why didn't God tell us (or tell Jesus to tell us) about these things?

"Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God, yet his Maker can approach him with his sword. The hills bring him their produce, and all the wild animals play nearby. Under the lotus plants he lies, hidden among the reeds in the marsh. The lotuses conceal him in their shadow; the poplars of the stream surround him. When the river rages, he is not alarmed; he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth. Can anyone capture him by the eyes, and trap him or pierce his nose?" -- Job 40:15-24

That's not a dinosaur. And it's certainly not all the various kinds of dinosaurs we know of, many of which didn't eat just grass like an ox.

To me, that definitely sounds like a dinosaur..

Wanna buy a dinosaur? They have some down at the zoo. They're hidden in an area labeled "elephant."

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any Christians on here who started out their adult life as an agnostic/atheist? I was taken to church as a kid, sounded like fairy tales, was immersed in all the evolutionary stuff throughout school, including college, and everywhere else it seems. Was basically a non-religious agnostic for years, and then, long story short, eventually became convinced of and converted to Biblical Christianity. A journey, indeed. My mind is still open to other possibilities, but thus far, for a long time, as the old hymn goes "on Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is shifting sand".

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a Christian

and at the fear of being run off these boards, I am a Pastor

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

The Christian faith is made up of mostly white westerners was my point. I don't have a problem with your faith at all. I just do not understand the whole idea of organized religions in general. Most all of them believe if you don't believe as they do your condemed. Just have trouble wrapping my head around that idea. I'm not knocking anyone for how you chose to believe. This is a free country. I'm just interested in the discussion of it all.

This simply is not true.

About 45 of evangelical christians are from Africa and estimates are by 2020 75% of evangelical Christians will be from Africa 15- 20 years ago your statement would have been true, but in today's soceity it is a false claim

In my bag

Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

You say and believe things like that and you're a Christian?

Ah, good to see the old low shot in play. It's even funnier if you know where I live and what I do for a living, but humble thyself in the sight of the lord, yes? The funniest part is, I

I think he pretty well explained it there. Of all the reasons you might believe the Bible, that "it says it's true" seems like just about the weakest possible basis. Other works claim that same thing, so it doesn't even explain why you choose the Bible over those.

Also, regarding Shanks' offer of a bridge: that phrase has nothing to do with business experience, it's about pointing out gullibility. Independent of feelings about spirituality, believing someone because he loudly tells you how true his words are is pretty much the working definition of gullibility ("easily persuaded to believe something; credulous"). (To clarify: I'm not necessarily saying that believing in the Bible makes you gullible, only that believing it (or anything!) because it tells you to does.) Finally, that behemoth sounds like a hippo to me. Certainly not specific enough to be very compelling evidence of the absolute accuracy and truth of the book.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Are some in here denying the fact that Jesus was a man?

well, if he was actually a man, then denying he was a man would mean that person is literally insane. i, for one, do not believe he existed. a man who raised the dead, made blind people see, cured leprosy, made thousands of fish appear out of nowhere, went around washing people's feet, for whom the sun was eclipsed at his crucifixion, and who rose days later never to be found. and there's only one piece of literature that can be found about the guy, so it's hardly proof of anything? and it's not even that much, really. the first gospel was penned 40 years after he allegedly died, and in turkey. so there is no first hand testimony of any of his exploits. there really is no good reason to think he did exist.

i used to think along the same lines as you. but when i did start looking for evidence, none was there. true, people like pliny the elder, tacitus, etc. wrote about him posthumously and people call this proof, it is only proof that they heard a story of a guy who was doing great deeds, they never actually saw him do it. remember, chaucer also wrote about king arthur, and so did many other writers, but we don't actually believe he was king who did all these magical things.

Well, I thought I posted a reply with pictutes. Don't know what happened to it but it probably had something to do with the size of the pictures being to big. I don't know how to downsize them for posting.

Anyway, here's a link with the pictures I wanted to show. The pictures, from the same Paluxy area as above, include: Dinasour track covering human track; large cat track, and plenty of other human footprints. AND, they do very thorough testing proving their authenticity. Let me know if you think it's just another "case of creationist willful ignorance and dishonesty." http://www.bible.ca/tracks/delk-track.htm http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks.htm

Well, I thought I posted a reply with pictutes. Don't know what happened to it but it probably had something to do with the size of the pictures being to big. I don't know how to downsize them for posting.

did you read my references, where actual scientists who worked on them said they were not human tracks, and were often tampered with to give them toes.

yeah, and they're also killing children because they suspect them to be witches.

your response has nothing to do with my post

Someone argued that Christianity is a white man religion, all I did was point out thats not true. I understand you don't agree with Christianity, but at least stick to bashing it in a manner that makes sense, pointing out that Africans also have animistic beliefs has nothing to do with the fact that the Christian population will be african based by 2020

In my bag

Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood

did you read my references, where actual scientists who worked on them said they were not human tracks, and were often tampered with to give them toes.

Did you read about the spiral ct scan they documented with photos for all to see that proves they have not been tampered with?

Butch Harmon, nothing you have said in this forum is worthwhile. All you are doing is trying to persecute Christians and make fun of them. How does your statement asking me to go buy a dinosaur at the zoo have any credibility at all in this discussion?

Shanks a million, a Christian believes that the Bible is the literal Word of God. You cannot be a Christian and not believe everything the Bible says.. it isn't possible. Christians believe that God's Word is perfect, and that God wrote the Bible. So to a Christian, the Bible is perfect and without error. "And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book. And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person's share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book." -- Revelation 22:18-19. The Bible wouldn't state that right at the end if by chance the Bible was wrong.

Choosing to follow Christ and believe in God is all about FAITH. It is not about facts. Like I said before.. NO ONE has all the answers. I don't care if the smartest man on the planet tells me that rocks make the universe a trillion years old.. I have my FAITH in my GOD and that is what I live by.
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

Good post Brugz!

Choosing to follow Christ and believe in God is all about FAITH. It is not about facts. Like I said before.. NO ONE has all the answers. I don't care if the smartest man on the planet tells me that rocks make the universe a trillion years old.. I have my FAITH in my GOD and that is what I live by.

I'm right there with ya Brother!

Note: This thread is 5179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!