IGNORED

The closest thing to golf in my future is this forum.

aceofharts336
Note: This thread is 5182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is nothing, guys. Try being injured for an entire season and then dealing with winter! That's my reality!

This forum is the only golf fix I've had in a year. It's like trying to get high off wood chips.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Edit: Right now to play TPC Sawgrass Players Stadium course at 9am on Saturday would be $275 a player. LOL This is crazy but like I said with the whole driver swap thing, sometimes you just gotta trust people and have a good time. Cheapest round trip flight from PA to Jax is like $900 though. So go figure for a weekend in FL and a round at Sawgrass it would cost roughly $1450.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Well if your here for Friday and Saturday night, we could do pizza one night, then something better the second night (outback, hooters, or w/e). You just pay for your round and my round at Sawgrass? I have to look, but last time I checked it was somewhere in the range of $300-$350 per player before noon. Free transportation around Jax, free room with bed and shower, free food.....I have to run this by the girlfriend though before I start selling away our extra bedroom for a round at Sawgrass lol

dude for $700 i'll come down for the weekend, play sawgrass myself and fly home lol

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

This is nothing, guys. Try being injured for an entire season and then dealing with winter! That's my reality!

...depends, what're you usin for kindling? i hear smaller buds of another substance would be ideal...small flame, dont' really need to blow out, just breathe in for a bit...lol jk

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

dude for $700 i'll come down for the weekend, play sawgrass myself and fly home lol

LOL where you plan on sleepin!?!?!

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

This winter for my part of southern Minnesota has had the most snow since 1997.

I've had the opportunity to get out on my snowmobile plenty.

But, living in Minnesota, you know it's not going to be golfing season until early April at the earliest. Last year I got a round in the earliest I've ever gotten in my life. The last weekend in March. Un-seasonably mild temps, and little snow allowed a golf course within an hours drive to open, and I took advantage.

I have to say it was different. Golfing in high fifties temps, w/ melting snowbanks as hazards.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I left the Roanoke/Smith Mountain Lake area three years ago for NC. First two winters here were great. We played almost every week during the winter. This year is different. I'm looking out at the course now and the melting snow has made the tract a swamp as is every other course around here. I played nine holes last thursday and I'm glad I did. No telling the next time I'll get to play. And I've got the fever after going to Orlando several weeks ago and playing fairly well. Have played some EA Sports TW PGA Tour and some online WGT. Just not the same.

In Denver area, we can usually play almost year long. But the last two or three years (but not this year--thank God), we had snow every freakin weekend starting from early December to March!!! So I do feel your pain.

But since the weather has been pretty decent this year, I will be teeing it up AGAIN this weekend.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I live in Northern VA & feel your pain. I've only been able to get to the driving range twice since we had that big snow storm before xmas.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Here in the mid-state of PA, we just got rid of all the white stuff from last month about two weeks ago. Snowed last Sat afternoon, just enough to close every place on Sunday.. Then it snowed yesterday about 2 inches, most is gone today, but now who knows what is in store for Saturday. I got out 3 times in Jan, but one doesn't count as the greens were still snow covered. Argh !!!! Its starting to get really annoying.

Any need for software developers in TX? FL is too humid for me in the summer, so its out. CA is too expensive, so I'm thinking TX might be a good place to go.

Here in the mid-state of PA, we just got rid of all the white stuff from last month about two weeks ago. Snowed last Sat afternoon, just enough to close every place on Sunday.. Then it snowed yesterday about 2 inches, most is gone today, but now who knows what is in store for Saturday. I got out 3 times in Jan, but one doesn't count as the greens were still snow covered. Argh !!!! Its starting to get really annoying.

well, texas is pretty humid. east texas is every bit as humid as florida, and houston in july is like taking a shower when you walk outside. but austin is really nice. in fact, they call it the ''mini silicon valley.'' so you should have no problem getting a job in software there. there are lots of beautiful golf courses as well. not sure if you're serious, but if you like barbecue, live music, golf and hot weather, you should look into it.

Think outside of the box on this one. Yeah, if its just you it costs you an extra $350, but if we had say..... 7 folks, we would have 2 foursomes, and it would only cost us an extra $50 each

well, texas is pretty humid. east texas is every bit as humid as florida, and houston in july is like taking a shower when you walk outside. but austin is really nice. in fact, they call it the ''mini silicon valley.'' so you should have no problem getting a job in software there. there are lots of beautiful golf courses as well. not sure if you're serious, but if you like barbecue, live music, golf and hot weather, you should look into it.

I've been to Dallas and Austin in the past during the summer and they were hot, but not so bad. Never been to Houston, but I have heard the stories and wouldn't consider there. I've heard that San Antonio, although hot is not so humid, but never experienced it. I've played in bands about half of my life, enjoy BBQ's, but I'm not a beef or pork person, so that might be held against me. Maybe if I was in the band, I would probably be excused. Its definitely something I'm considering.

Think outside of the box on this one. Yeah, if its just you it costs you an extra $350, but if we had say..... 7 folks, we would have 2 foursomes, and it would only cost us an extra $50 each

Yeah but it would cost me a ton more for food! lol

Kyle Paulhus

Yeah, but you are a Jets fan and are used to disappointment. I kid!!! I know the feeling. I blew my knee out one spring and was done until the cold came that fall.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

This thread should be titled "Nor-Easter Woes". I'm from CT and the dissapation of my gold game each winter makes me so frustrated each spring it's like relearning golf every year. I'm going to suck it up and white knuckle my blades until it gets warm on the range

My Bag 
Driver:         905R 9.5* Dyamana Whiteboard

3W:            909F2 15.5* Diamana Blueboard

Utility:          Idea Pro Black 18*

Irons 3-PW: 690MB Project X 6.0

Wedges:     Vokey Spin Milled 50*/Vokey Spin Milled 58*

Putter:        Studio Select Newport 1.5

not to worry your not alone. every time its nice enough to get out and hit the par three or the front nine, the ground is frozen solid. I cant put a tee in the ground to save my life. or half the ground is covered in snow and you lose a lot of balls even if they were hit perfect. I was down the street on a short par three saw my ball bounce on ice (on the green) and disappeared. it was a perfect shot and could not find it had to take a drop and ruined my day knowing it was on the green and had to take a drop anyway. when the ground is frozen this solid taking a divot is not even an option so trying to hit a good thin shoot does not alway work like it does in your head. but its good practice. By the way im in colorado

Ahhh geezzz, just heard we're supposed to get another 1-2 feet, yes that's feet of that white stuff this weekend. Well that will likely crush all hopes of getting out until near March. Hey maybe if we all run outside and spray a bunch of aerosol cans into the air, we can get global warming to kick back in

While poking thru my charge cards summary for tax info, I see I got out on March 7 and 9 in 2009 for golf in the Chicago burbs. That was earlier than the six weeks predicted by the groundhog. Hope he's wrong this year too.

LOL. I was watching the snow sculpturing competitors up in Wisconsin this week crying because it was over 32F and their media was melting.

Note: This thread is 5182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!