Sign in to follow this  
aceofharts336

The closest thing to golf in my future is this forum.

Note: This thread is 3709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

49 posts / 5136 viewsLast Reply

I haven't played locally since mid October. I did get a 2 week holiday in December, so I got several rounds in. I always take my clubs with me when I need to go up to the city, so I can go to the indoor range, but I'm lucky if that's twice a month.

One thing I can't understand, is how courses stay open when it's cold. We had probably 3 weeks of decent warm weather after the course here closed, but there was no chance of playing or even hitting range balls. I can't figure out how so many places let you guys go play when there is ice and snow all over the course. Never happens in this part of the world.

All of you are complaining about the golf calendar us northerners live with every year. Golf season in Montreal is late march/april to maybe november/december. There is no golf here during the winter. When we get snow it stays all winter. Luckily this year we've been spared major snowfalls, only 2 minor storms in December, but nonetheless everything is still snow covered.

We hit the indoor ranges and simulators up here during the winter.

im deployed in iraq so right now this is the only golf that im getting. and even if i was home i live in philadelphia so i wouldnt be playing anyway.... sigh....

I feel your pain. With a 3 month old baby at home, even if it were 70 degrees and sunny and dry I would still be here...cleaning bottles or whatever.

I haven't played locally since mid October. I did get a 2 week holiday in December, so I got several rounds in. I always take my clubs with me when I need to go up to the city, so I can go to the indoor range, but I'm lucky if that's twice a month.

What I generally see where I live is that the courses are open as long as the temperature is above freezing, and there is little to no snow coverage. At the course I play most currently, I only see members even under these conditions however. One course here closed early in December and won't open again until probably March/April, but that is not the norm. Most of the ranges here are running on very restricted hours, like 10:00 to 5:00, so its much harder to get to a range now than any other time.

I'll stay patient and not complain until March 1.

I'm with ya. Once March rolls around it's time for golf. I hate seeing snow in March.

I'm right with you on your situation. I live in western Pennsylvania and just got 24 inches of snow on Saturday and expecting another 6-10 inches tonight. I cannot tell a golf course from a cow pasture right now. Currently stuck having to chip and putt inside. I cannot wait for warmer, drier weather.

Note: This thread is 3709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!