IGNORED

Affordable 3-piece ball: Suggestion?

Note: This thread is 5085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody have experience with Srixon Tri-Speeds?!?!?!

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I have tried the Tri-speeds. They were good balls but I found the 2 piece AD333 had a better feel and just as much control, a little cheaper too.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I love the tri-speeds, my ball of choice! Also they have a newer version coming out this spring so if you google search you can get last years version for $14/dozen, i just got 3 boxes!

An awesome 3 piece ball that you can now get 2 dozen for $30. It was $25 per doz. last year.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I just got 2 boxes of NXT Tours at GG for 50 bucks.

How are the Tri-Speeds distance-wise? They have a low compression, don't they?

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I'd suggest the Bridgestone E6 as a solid, lower-priced alternative to the ProV1.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I have tried the Tri-speeds. They were good balls but I found the 2 piece AD333 had a better feel and just as much control, a little cheaper too.

While I have only tried these for one cold weather round... I liked what I saw and felt.

I love the tri-speeds, my ball of choice! Also they have a newer version coming out this spring so if you google search you can get last years version for $14/dozen, i just got 3 boxes!

Tri-speeds seemed mushy and inconsistent to me.... just my .02

I love gamers minus how they shred... maybe version 2 will be more durable. I am planning to try the AD333, NXT Tour (which I have played), new Gamers, and E5's... one of those will be my ball for the year... hopefully.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Love them!!! These balls are, in my opinion, underrated. They play long, and reduce spin off the driver, and have good spin of off short irons, and great spin off off wedges. They bit, maybe take a short bounce and stick, but they don't really spin back much....but then again that could just be my game

I played them all last year. My first round using them, I went 14 holes without loosing a ball. Highly recommend them. at GG (in stores) the had them for $30 for 24.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Top-Flite Gamer.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Nobody's been able to sway me from the NXT Tour. D@mn.

Quite honestly I played the Titleist ball for so long that i got used to seeing the Titleist name, and not being open to switching. This Winter in Colorado, i decided i was going to "test" some others out. I got a sleeve of E6's Nike's power soft, Srixon's, and of course Titleist. I chipped and putted with them for the last 3 months, and while driving and iron play hasn't been possible. Bridgestone and Srixon were easily the most consistant feeling from different wedges. They also seem to have appropriate roll out for a "basement carpet" chip and putting session. Quite honestly the NXT's were really clicky, and the feel changed depending on where i hit the ball on the club face. As I got more used to the idea that i could switch from Titleist is quickly realized that they were easily my least favorite ball. The Nike's (made by Bridgestone by the way) seemed nice, but had a blueish hue to them that I didn't like the look of. By far and away the Bridgeston, and Srixon were the ones i kept going to, and hitting again and again. I picked the srixon, but could easily have gone with the Bridgestone. Either way I don't think i'll ever play a Titleist ball again... and I am a Titleist person regarding clubs. Once I opened up my mind, I realized what i had been missing. Just my experience!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

All of the suggestions on here are good ones, I recently picked up 4 boxes of Taylormade XD are Target they were on sale for 9 bucks a box. I also found Callaway Warbirds at WalMart for 9 bucks. Bought 4 those. Both in my opinion are excellent bargains. I've played both of them alongside my ProV1x balls and love them both. They obviously don't compare to the ProV1x but if I couldn't afford the ProV1x I would most definately play one of these two.

In my Nike Xtreme II Bag:
Driver Str8-Fit SQ Dymo2 S
Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

Might look at some different ones @ the golf show.

A lot of used ball comments, have any of you ever visited www.knetgolf.com

Try the Wilson Zip Core. I tried all sorts of balls last summer and found I liked the Zip Core best. Great distance and also great feel from 100 yds in.You can find them on Ebay cheap!!!!

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

since I tend to hit the ball super high, NASA puts out alerts when I'm on the course.

But it's fun though.

Sometimes my buddy sees that super-high arching flight on a short, say a 9-iron, and he says "Uh oh! ... [as in that's going over the green]", and I say, "no uh-oh," that one is just fine...and you know it's going to land pretty much where you want it to, and stay there. Now if only I could get some more control over my long irons, and putts and ...

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

• 2 months later...
Taylormade Burner TP is 2DZ for $40. Good deal for a long ball with good greenside playability. If you can find them you can also get the TP Red/Black. I Think they are about $30 dozen now that the Pentas are out.
In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

Might look at some different ones @ the golf show.

Lost Golf Balls is a bit cheaper and has the same stuff... FWIW

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!