Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Pair of Quickies

Note: This thread is 5356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 posts / 1467 viewsLast Reply

I saw these and thought they were funny:

Stat of the Week
Adam Scott earned $23,351 for every hole he played at the Nissan Open.

Final Word
"My marriages don't last this long." -- John Daly, on the rain delays at the Nissan Open.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Note: This thread is 5356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • The only problem I found on bending clubs are the ones that have little plastic/metal inserts on the back side of the clubs.  Because of these inserts, some local proshops, and/or club builders won't touch them for fear of breaking/cracking/popping those inserts. The owner, in need of an adjustment, may be required to send their clubs back to manufacturer. 
    • Day 478 It arrived today. What arrived was my new driver: a Ping 410 Plus with Alta CB Red Soft Regular Shaft. As I am still getting used to the new toy, I started with all the adjustable parts set to the most neutral settings.  Soon I adjusted to help with a slice. All after that change were straight where I was aiming.  I seemed to have picked up 10 MPH in terms of ball speed.  I need to work now on the results not being so high. I intended to hit only 20-25 balls.  I ended up hitting 45 as this club made driving fun.  It was easy to hit towards  various target greens.  What I need to adjust after a few more practice section I the launch angle to lower the fact that wit my older drive I tend to hit high spin. I rarely, if ever, fall in love with a club so quickly, but even with days of getting used to it ahead, as I said in my review on the Ping web site, it was love at first whack.
    • Was wondering if anyone has played here. Playing the ledgends course. 
    • Totally agree with keeping them standard length to start with. Can always grip down when they are long, but can't go the opposite way. Bending Pings is difficult at best and don't assume you will be able to have it done easily. May have to send back to Ping if you want them bent after the fact but they can do it.
    • Day 28 What a GREAT day!  This is why everyone should have a golf coach! So, about 5 weeks ago I was playing great. Then suddenly I completely lost it. Then I got hurt (non-golf related, but screwed up my game). When I came back from my injury I was pretty close to hopeless.  I got with my golf coach and he and I worked through what all had changed in my swing. It turns out I had made a minor adjustment without realizing it. Then I made an adjustment to counter act that adjustment, then another and another and pretty soon my swing was nothing like what my swing used to be like.  My coach brought up the video of my swing when it was good. We compared it to where I found myself after … I'll call it my melt down. Anyway, my coach was able to quickly get me back where I was before. Suddenly I was striping the ball down the middle again. Yay!  Anyhow, back to today's practice. I hit trajectory drills with the driver. I'd hit a high fade, then hit an 8-iron shot. Next I'd hit a low draw, then hit a hybrid. After that I'd hit a high trajectory drive, then hit a 4-irion. Basically I'd work through the 9 shots with the driver: high, medium and low, Draw, straight and fade combinations. But after each driver shot, I'd hit a different club from my bag, picking the club pretty much at random. I didn't want to hit any club more than one time in a row.  In the end I hit the ball so well on the range I had to run out and play 9 holes. My game has returned, I went 3 over for 9. I hit the ball so much better than I'd been hitting it recently. It felt great.  That's the reason everyone should have a golf coach.   
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Covert
      Covert
      (76 years old)
    2. Landonhux
      Landonhux
      (19 years old)
    3. opie
      opie
      (42 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...