Sign in to follow this  
jamo

Cabin Fever

Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

20 posts / 12654 viewsLast Reply

Anyone up here in the far reaches of the north have a little cabin fever? I've been reading lot of old articles and such, and i just can't wait for spring. Personally, i am getting ever-closer to being able to get a club membership, and i can't wait to just be able to go to the course, play a round, hit some balls, and enjoy a nice meal. Well, first things first. Hitting balls indoors against a net or in a dome just don't cut it, and i'd rather not freeze my rear end off hitting balls outside, even if the hitting area is covered.

Anyone out there ready for Spring?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL I cant imagine wht you feel like. We've had a cold spell here, highs in the mid 50's and *I* am suffering cabin fever!!! Saturday is gonna be back to normal, sunny and 71!

But yea, when I lived in Chicago, I HATED winter!! Just keep hitting those balls in the net and get out of the house for a while!

Jim

I am soooo ready!!! But I have a feeling I'll be waiting a couple more months before the snow goes away ....

LOL I cant imagine wht you feel like. We've had a cold spell here, highs in the mid 50's and *I* am suffering cabin fever!!! Saturday is gonna be back to normal, sunny and 71!

If we had highs in the fifty's tomorrow, I don't think Al Gore would take it. He would have an entire state instantly believe him. (Well, this is MA, most people do anyway)

My three top colleges are all slightly warmer (Lehigh and Lafayette are in PA, UDel is in Delaware) so maybe i'll be able to get away from the cold a little bit. Don't get me wrong, i love skiing, but most days there just is noting to do.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You live in San Clemente? Nice. I always stop at the Shell off Ave Pico on my way back from tournaments in San Diego County. I really like that part of town.

Anyway, yeah, "Cabin Fever" nope. I was just taking note the other day that the days are getting warmer and getting longer around these parts.

This has been such a brutal winter. In the past few years it was decent enough (at times mid 40s, no snow) in New Jersey go get a couple of winter rounds in. This winter I have just gone to the heated driving range a few times and the only thing keeping me interested right now is a friend who is working on his game. Needless to say, I cant wait until the golf season starts.

Let me tell you... I have had the fever for about a month now, and if I'm very lucky I'll be able to play in about another month. I really enjoy winter, but the tough part about winter up here is that the days are so damn short. I can handle the cold just fine, but it's not fun when you get off work or out of school and it is already dark. Talk about depressing! There's just not much to do.

Haven't picked up a club other than my putter since November 21st. No domes or heated ranges anywhere near me.

I just can't wait until Spring or even until all this snow melts so I can at least hit some irons and wedges in my backyard.

Snowboarding, sledriding and clearing out a woods gets old after the first month and a half.

We played golf all year last year in Jersey. If it was above 40, we were out there. This year, 20's and pounded by snow. It's suppose to snow again tonight, so I'll be lucky to see a fairway by the end of march. Even the heated driving range is pointless with all the snow on the ground. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I am so ready. We have gotten pounded with snow the past week. I can't wait. I don't do snow sports. The gym is only so much fun. My weekends aren't the same.

Yep, 6-10 more inches on the way. I have the fever so bad I'm bout ready to quit school and move south. lol I'm known to play golf in some stupid conditions so usually I make it through the winter alright. Last year I think I only missed a couple of weekends of playing. We played 9 holes this year with a wind chill around 15 and actual of like 28. I would not recommend that. It was a little too cold even for nuts like me. 30-32 and sun is usually my limit. I haven't seen grass here in Ohio since the week before Christmas besides one warm weekend at the begining of this month. 2 feet of snow on the ground not counting this storm, its gonna be awhile

I am so ready. We have gotten pounded with snow the past week. I can't wait. I don't do snow sports. The gym is only so much fun. My weekends aren't the same.

I heard on the weather you guys are supposed to get pounded with snow tonight. Up here they're calling for another 5-8 inches.

Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!