IGNORED

14 club rule

Fastrack
Note: This thread is 5175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I happen to find out that there are many weekend golfers carrying more than 14 clubs....I feel pretty upset although I pretend that this is none of my businees. What's your reaction if you golf partner carrying 15+ clubs while you stick with 14?

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wants to compare scores with me, I'll maybe point it out, but I don't care much about what others play. I'm only focused on my own performance and results. It's different in a tournament of course.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's none of my business….that is unless he (or she) wants to do a little gambling

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Last time I was out, I played with only 3 clubs for fun.....I only shot 5 or so strokes worse than normal, and if I would have practiced putting with my 3 iron more before I played, I might have shot a normal mid/low eighties round....unless it's a tourney, I could care less what they do....

unless your playing them for $ or in a tourney why would it bother you? Most weekend golfers don't keep a handicap so i don't see it being a big deal.

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

Definitely a don't-care rule to me. For a tournament, yeah you need to follow it. For casual play, there's no reason to bother, especially if you're not competing. Personally, even if I were gambling, I'd just settle for declaring some clubs out of play at the start and trust their word not to use them. Being a stickler for that rule is unnecessary for casual play.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

My cousin whos my playing partner does, he just bought a new club and still trying to decide which club he wants to drop and/or if he wants to keep the club, I dont mind whatsoever. I would also bet that would be a similiar case with other people with 15+ clubs.

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

Good to know what you guy's reacting to it.....yes, as long as it's not for $ though.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

If he wants to compare scores with me, I'll maybe point it out, but I don't care much about what others play. I'm only focused on my own performance and results. It's different in a tournament of course.

This is my general opinion too. I've never seen a case where carrying more than 14 clubs was an advantage for anyone I play with anyway. All it does is make their club choice more confusing than it normally is.

Nobody really needs more than 14 anyway. If you can't get it done with that, then adding clubs ain't the answer to your problem. I usually carry only 12 or 13.... this time of year only 7 or 8.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

When I'm in a tournament, I make sure I only have 14. But during the week when playing with the guys, I might have 2 putters in the bag. I sometimes like to pull out an old one from the closet just to try again. I don't bother pulling out my regular one as I usually go back to it. But during play, I stick with one putter. Nobody in our group of guys(16-20) has a clue if another person is over the limit. Not a big deal to us.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Unless you're scratch or better, it doesn't seem like much of an advantage to me. That eliminates 99% of people playing...so who cares. Unless it's a tournament, I don't care. I wouldn't even care if I was gambling - unless the guy is really good, I don't see it helping him.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

The only thing I care about in a playing partner is that they are curteous, respect the game, maintain pace of play, and repair their ball marks and divots. They can use the most illegal clubs out there and I don't care a bit. As others said, in a tournament it's different.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

As others have said, it's not a big issue to me. The way I see it, it's only hurting them. How often do they actually practice with the extra sticks?

My current bag has just reached 14 clubs for the first time in many years. I've been a club or two below for many moons.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

It's none of my business….that is unless he (or she) wants to do a little gambling

This is where I open my mouth. I dont care if their bag weighs 70lbs with all of the clubs, but the one minute they ask if I want to put a little money on the line, they will have to head back to the car to lose the extra clubs.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I've been playing golf for a little over 18 years now and I can't remember a single instance where I EVER counted someone's clubs. In most tournaments I've entered, that's done by the tournament starter and in all the other rounds... I just don't care.

Myself... I've had 12 clubs in my bag for years. Added a new driver last year and haven't taken the old one out yet... so I've got 13 currently. Like others have said... me adding another 2-3 clubs to my bag isn't going to help. I've got to learn to hit the clubs I've got NOW before I add others to the mix.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Note: This thread is 5175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!