IGNORED

2010 WGC Match Play Bracket

Rusty Shackleford
Note: This thread is 5169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated by some other people earlier on in the thread.... I'm starting to become a big fan of Ian Poulter as well. I never really payed attention to him until I saw him at the '08 Ryder Cup. He was very entertaining in the practice rounds, specificially when he stuck his approach on 12 and ran up on the green to putt with his foot :D Then, during the matches he was money. 4-1 record with the loss being a tough one against Chad Campbell and Stewart Cink. To his credit, Cink was red hot that morning.

Here's another take on Poulter...........

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...r+flipping+off

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

We probably shouldn't sleep on the consolation match either. Sergio should be pissed off after yesterdays whippin and feeling like he's got something to prove. Camillo just played a long match and will probably looking for some redemption, too. Too bad Im at work and won't get to see much :(

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Shame Camillo didn't make it through.I thought he deserved it yesterday, he wouldn't give up despite being on the brink many times.

Can't stand Poulter.Great player, but he always has to open his mouth about something.

Btw, why do they play 36 holes for the final?That doesn't make much sense to me.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I don't know who will win today, but I'm pretty sure he'll be a Brit.

Oh, and the winner of the third-place match will definitely speak Spanish.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Poulter just said if he wins today he'll go 5th in the world rankings.?How'd that happen?

And the sight of him skipping down the down in his pink jumper and pants.. What's the world coming to.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I don't know who will win today, but I'm pretty sure he'll be a Brit.

LOL nice.

Here's another take on Poulter...........

Damn, never saw this thread. That really blows. While I didn't watch him the entire time at the Ryder Cup, the times I did watch him wan't anything like that. I guess the "good guys" are getting fewer and far between anymore.

Btw, why do they play 36 holes for the final?That doesn't make much sense to me.

Just about every match play final, from club championships to the US Amateur, are contested over 36 holes.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just about every match play final, from club championships to the US Amateur, are contested over 36 holes.

But that doesn't answer why it's 36 holes.Surely 18 is enough?What is a player going to prove over 36 holes that he can't prove in 18?

But that doesn't answer why it's 36 holes.Surely 18 is enough?What is a player going to prove over 36 holes that he can't prove in 18?

mental toughness.

Pretty tough to keep it cool under pressure over 18 holes let alone 36. also.... it's pronounced PAW-DRIG Harrington over here in limerick, where do you live?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Hoping Casey pulls it off today! Looks like he's playing as he was before his injury.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

mental toughness.

Not that far from you, few miles outside Roscrea.I used to call him that all the time too, but the other half is an Irish teacher and Irish history buff and she was always in my ear about it But anything is better the old 'Pad - raig' on the American coverage.

Very interesting remarks about British golf from one of the commentators - not Sir Nick of course (see later). All I remember growing up in the Old Country (60s to early 80s) was a succession of choking golfers, nice guys who never could make it over here in the U.S. (just a coupla tourney wins which didn't prove out).

Then along came Sir Nick and completely transformed the situation for British (indeed English) golf. Not a choker, quite the opposite in fact. Lots of swagger and charm on the course. Bit of a loner it's true but that's irrelevant IMHO. The new generation of Brits have a lot to thank him for, that was the point that the commentator was making of course.

I just wish that Faldo had done it ten years earlier. He might have inspired me to play golf more seriously earlier than I ended up doing, i.e. while still in England. Golf was such a wasteland in the U.K. from the mid-60's to the early 80's. Of course I followed Jack closely in his heyday as well as other non-Brit players (Ballesteros, Player, etc etc), but it isn't quite the same thing.

A duel between two Englishmen here on the PGA Tour - bl***y marvellous!!

p.s. thanks for the comments about 18 vs 36. The current rules make complete sense, endurance/mental toughness is a bigger factor with 36 and it prevents the rapid, runaway win, i.e. more chance of a comeback on the "back 18". Also, match play is faster of course, 36 holes easily fits into the day. Personally I wouldn't want to see it changed.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

He pronounces his own name "Pad-raig", not "Pawraig." I think he knows his own name.

wrong......

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Man Poulter is impressive today. He's getting out driven by a good 50 yards and not letting it get to him. Not making big mistakes and his misses are on the good side. He definately deserves the win with the way he's playing.

Im also really glad to see Camillo has cut off the mullet!!

Note: This thread is 5169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!