Sign in to follow this  
kpaulhus

Buyers remorse....

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 posts / 1726 viewsLast Reply

So I just bought an Odyssey Black Series i #9 putter....but I so wanted to get a Scotty Cameron Del Mar 33"....but noone in town had one. They all have 35" Camerons so I would have to order one I guess....IDK maybe Ill just give it a shot on the practice green and take it back if I dont like it. Ill keep u guys updated.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I have a scotty and I use a white hot #9 because I love the feel. I'm not knocking scotties but give it a chance it might grow on you.

I played the White Hot XG#9 for a few years and I loved the putter. I loved the look, feel, and the weighting of it. It is a great putter if you have an arc style stroke. I wanted to switch to a more straight back and forward putting style (i found myself pushing and pulling putts with an arc stroke), so I switched to a Scotty blade. The heavyness of it makes it more condusive to that type of stroke. Additionally, I wanted to feel more "connected" to the ball, so I wanted a milled face.

So...if it works for your stroke and you like the feel of inserts, the XG#9 is a great putter!

Well after rolling putts for over an hour Im going to return it. I am going to have Golf Galaxy order a 33" Del Mar. I used to Love the #9....but the Del Mar just feels sooo right.

Good choice. You wouldn't have enjoyed, and you probably wouldn't have putted as well, if you had any doubts in your mind about wanting something else. It's so important to have full confidence in your putter. That..and...how nice will it be to have your own personal putter - directly from Scotty Cameron, fresh in a box, that you know no one else played around with in the store!

Putting with a club you don't have confidence in is not good. I think you are doing the right think by returning it.

Hey man, go big or go home...or is it go broke or go birdie-less? lol

The funny thing is, I got a giftcard from one of my manufactuers so this is a free putter. That makes it even sweeter.

I think i was just so excited and settled for a club since they didnt have the one I wanted in a 33". ill keep u guys updated after lunch today.

Well I just returned the Odyssey to Golf Galaxy. They have the 33" Del Mar putter with the grip still in the plastic in their Ft. Meyers store so they should get it in tomorrow or Friday. Now I'm pumped and will feel confident over my putts.

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!