IGNORED

Tiger Woods News Conference Friday

jubess
Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont know how you could watch that and say he fake it. He did an excellent job, said everything he needed to.

And had to look down at a piece of paper between every sentence.....

Don't think he wrote it.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he wrote it. It's his problem, he has to make amends. Not be guided by anyone else.

I don't think Elin would allow anyone else to write it, wouldn't be sincere.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I'm not a Tiger fan but I thought he did ok. I wonder how much more time he has in the rehab program? If he's there another 3-4 weeks, looks like he will have a hard time being ready for the Masters. I'm thinking probably sometime just before the U.S. Open now. But who knows.........probably going to need his wife's blessing before returning anyway.

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs Substitute "God" for "faith" or whatever, but if he's on step 9, perhaps steps 10-12 don't take as long. Or maybe you never really get past step 12, as it's an ongoing thing. I just mean that if TW's done nine steps in 45 days or so, that steps 10 and 11 might not take all that long, and he might only have 10 or 15 days left in rehab. I fully expect he'll continue to seek the help of professionals (like sponsors in AA) after he's "out," too, but I don't see why he couldn't still hit up Bay Hill. That said, hey, it's his life, so whatever's best for him he should do.
And had to look down at a piece of paper between every sentence.....

I think a professional writer would have done a better job. His speed was disjointed enough and kind of wandered around and hit the same topics in different spots that I think he wrote it. He has half of a Stanford education or so, but he's not a professional writer, and I think it came off that way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

first of all, couldnt someone get the brother a properly fitting dress shirt?

second, a question:

are tour players obligated to speak to the press after their rounds?

i have a feeling this is the last time EVER that we will hear him say ANYTHING about this period of his life.

Colin P.

Not obligated I think.

Even if, he is definitely not obligated to answer a single question about his private life, and he won't do so either. I'm sure the TV channels are smart enough to not bring up the subject. He will just refuse to answer any questions when he returns, and the whole think will fade away into the history books.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I think a professional writer would have done a better job. His speed was disjointed enough and kind of wandered around and hit the same topics in different spots that I think he wrote it. He has half of a Stanford education or so, but he's not a professional writer, and I think it came off that way.

To be honest, for a lot of people that may have been a good thing. People wanted him to look human, and some of the wandering might have done that. I am not one of those people, but it is something that I've heard.

I do commend (maybe not the best word) him for attacking the media a little. From what he said they seemed very intrusive, what with following his kid to school and all.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Not obligated I think.

well, im sure there will be plenty of reporters out there who will feel the need to press the issue and ask him about his transgressions. i forsee a lot of "no comments" in his future.

Colin P.

First of all, he didn't have to do conference, if he still think his "sex addiction" is personal and family matters, and want to ignore fans and media.

I've been accused of cynicism before, but I don't have nearly the case you do. You certainly read things into this that just weren't there. His first statement in public since the revelation seemed to be as sincere as honest as it could be. A crowd of frenzied reporters screaming questions would have been completely counterproductive at this time. If you can't see that past your own apparent prejudices. then I guess we have no common meeting ground.

I deplore what he did to his family, just as I deplored how he sometimes acted on the course, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see where this route takes him. How many dozen athletes in how many sports have been convicted of spousal abuse, then taken back into the fold in spite of it. What Tiger did may be reprehensible, but it was at least a nonviolent transgression. I think he deserves the opportunity to show that his contrition is real. As for him using this as a springboard for playing again.... don't hold your breath waiting.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Some of you girls, sorry I mean men, act as if Tiger cheated on you. He screwed up and owned up to it all. So quit crying girls:)

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I thought he did a good job, he was sincere, and didn't cop out on a sexual addiction stuff. I never cared a hill of beans about this, I wish him nothing but the best. He will clean up his act and be a better ambassador (sp?) of the game. I always liked him but the crybaby attitude on the course was a little much for "the most mentally strong athlete in the world". Really don't see how he can have a good marriage after this, he's better off divorced and a great father and friend to his children's mother. Instead of chasing skanks he can spend more time helping the youth of this nation through his charity.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

It was sincere enough for me; I'm not God Almighty who will pass judgement - when one admits their wrong-doings, sincerely asks for forgiveness, are we a better or worse community for withholding that forgiveness? We are to forgive as we want to be forgiven for own issues. Tiger doesn't owe anyone sordid details to satisfy the unsatiable perverse American need-to-know mindset. He acknowledged his wrong-doings, is working to get a handle on his own compulsions, and is working to make amends with his family....not having the ability to undo what's been done, I think he's doing all he can. While he didn't surprise anyone with the content of his speech, my opinion of him was changed today.
I look forward to his return...at Bay Hill

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I think he did well. Obviously there was some expected discomfort, but all in all I hope he met his goal in order to start to prepare for golf again. I never needed or wanted any apologies, I just hope to one day see Tiger back in the game.

Swing - Mulligan - Repeat

Sex addict? Who knows. I think he's a horn dog! Good Luck, Mr. Woods.

hahaha.... Exactly!!!!!!!

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

In his briefing today, I see a man who is deeply ashamed for his behavior...yes, he got caught and that outing led to his realization of his shameful behavior, but that is where he is now...how would you like to stand up in front of your mother and make the kind of confession that he did today? The last person in the world I would want to know that I behaved like that would be my mom...I think he showed a lot of courage today, but it will take him a lot longer to reacquire the self confidence and self image that it takes to pick up where he left off in his golf career… it will be a long climb back for Tiger & I can’t see a return this year. He might even want to play on the Nationwide or European tour before attempting the PGA. He needs to do a kind of ‘golfing penance’ before feeling he can look the other players, the viewing audience, and the world with the ‘Eye of the Tiger’ again – not for my satisfaction, but to convince himself that he is ready mentally and emotionally to compete at that level again. Getting over a many-years-long out of control behavior does not happen overnight. I hope all the best for him and his family.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

The last person in the world I would want to know that I behaved like that would be my mom...I think he showed a lot of courage today, but it will take him a lot longer to reacquire the self confidence and self image that it takes to pick up where he left off in his golf career…

Well let's give him a big pat on the back because he was man enough to stand up and read a piece of paper in front of his mommy on live TV. Makes me almost forget about him banging about a dozen chicks behind his wife's back with two young children at home............. Courage???

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

In his briefing today, I see a man who is deeply ashamed for his behavior...yes, he got caught and that outing led to his realization of his shameful behavior, but that is where he is now...how would you like to stand up in front of your

couldn't agree with you more

...He might even want to play on the Nationwide or European tour before attempting the PGA.

don't be rediculous - while he may be truly humiliated by his off-course behavior, he (along with everyone else on the planet) knows he's the best there is...period. Nationwide?? seriously?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!