IGNORED

Tiger Woods News Conference Friday

jubess
Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ernie Els has called the timing of this "selfish", that he should have done it on a Monday. No doubt he's still a little pissed after Tiger questioned his work ethic last year in coming back from a knee injury.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is that the one thing that has always been there is his golf game, and if that goes, what has he got? How would he react? Not well, I'm guessing.

Well I'd say he's got about a billion dollars. He could do whatever, whereever, whenever he wanted for the rest of his life and noone would know about it. I mean the guy was a man of mystery for almost 2 months. Im sure he would be pretty depressed if he never won again, but at the same time.....thats highly unlikely.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"I can't leave golf alone, the game needs me."

I wish that Tiger would take a more active role in being himself. I am sick of seeing the Nike-Made image of a man on television. I want to see Tiger wear a black shirt on Sunday. He's already apologized for what he's done, I want to see Tiger make no apologies for who he is.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Well said on the whole Mennon, though I don't share your (kinda) hope that TW never wins again. He's still a great player, perhaps the greatest of all time. He should show us what he is capable of in a full career at the game. But he is going to have to live with the contempt of many at a personal level for what he has done off the track. If he is a man who holds himself in high regard, this is going to be painful for him, very painful. Of course it is the price you pay; he should have thought of that, famous and rich celebrity that he was. Perhaps his unwillingness to show in public for so long, and the highly controlled nature of tomorrow's event, suggests that he is not yet ready to face the music. I find that rather pathetic myself, but of course many here differ. So be it.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

A press conference at 11am doesn't do anything for a tournament at 3pm. And, as even Tim Finchem said, it puts a focus back on golf and people will tune in to see what other people say.

But the media will be focused on Tiger during news recaps, not Accenture's tournament which is what Els meant......I think. Which is one thing Tiger is probably trying to do since they dropped him. And with respect to him feeling like he needs to say something now, it's no better than a press release without a Q&A; session.

But I agree.....who cares? I really could care less when/if he plays again. Other than the reputation points we have on the table.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I guess you don't have children. This guy is supposed to be a role model, like it or not. And he has failed miserably. It's time to show what a real man does. Man up. And yes, I have publicly admitted transgressions and made amends. Didn't do it on television or in the media.....because I'm not a world class, famous athlete!!

You find me tape of Tiger Woods coming out saying that he is/was a role model. Tiger Woods is a pro golfer who the media made into a role model. The media loves to do this. Prop someone up to a "godly" stature and then tear them down. Parents are supposed to be role models for their children, NOT golfers or an other pro athlete. I have a 10 month old son at home and I promise you that he won't have to look to a pro athlete to know right from wrong............

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

It's a load of crap. He's not going to field questions. "Tightly scripted". Only certain media allowed. He's not doing anything he's not in control of. He's a coward.

As pusher said and i agree, he doesnt owe anyone explanations. So she doesnt need reporters there. He just needs to apologize to his sponsors the tour and such for the distraction that was created, and move on. He is still going to win 20+ majors regardless of what anyone thinks about him.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

With everyones new annoited all american proper golfing family man, Steve Stricker, eliminated in the first round, Tigers timing might actually be better for the tournament.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

To all those who say he needs to answer questions, I think you guys are full of yourself.

I don't understand the mentality of people thinking Tiger owes them "an explanation". For what? What's it to you? Why should he give you an explanation?

He owes nothing to any one except his family, the sponsors and the tour (for causing the distraction).

Now, I just hope he plans on playing golf within the next few weeks. That's all I care about.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

if he says hes done for the year im going to cry...

What if he says he is done forever???!!!

ooooh nelly..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Can't wait to see Tiger back in action...now thats golf!

He's announcing his return btw

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

I agree wholeheartedly with those who have said he doesn't owe the public an expanation. As Jack said all of this is none of my business. I want to know when he is coming back so that I can once again enjoy what he brings to the golf course. As far as thos speculating on whether he will win again, I beleieve I said in another thread that banging ho's doesn't hurt your golf game as far as I know so he should dominate when he comes back.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
But the media will be focused on Tiger during news recaps, not Accenture's tournament which is what Els meant......I think.

Well that's an easy one: those media weren't going to focus on golf AT ALL without this coming up. ESPN might do a ten-second clip (and even then probably only on Sunday) on the tournament, and now they'll likely still do that AND cover Tiger's little speech.

Golf Channel will still cover the tournament. Be honest - they're the only "media" that was gonna cover the Accenture tournament anyway. Your local paper will still publish the four-paragraph AP blurb.
And with respect to him feeling like he needs to say something now, it's no better than a press release without a Q&A; session.

Sure it's better. People can see him. That's what a bunch of people have been clamoring for...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"I can't leave golf alone, the game needs me."

My buddy said something similar about Kobe Bryant a couple yrs ago. That Kobe should stop trying to be likeable and basically enjoy be "Darth Kobe" and take enjoy out of killing the spirit of his detractors. People will dislike who they want ... they will find a reason. Even before all this there were lots of Tiger detractors. Some of the most frequent posters taking Tiger to task on this forum were clearly anti-Tiger before ... look at their histories.

My question to everyone is....Are there any people that were Tiger fans but now arent because of everything that happened? Most people that were fans...are still fans. I'm a Tiger fan because of the way he golfs. People make mistakes and do stupid things...BIG DEAL! Most of the major athletes have something bad in their past.

Anyways....I hope he plays soon I enjoy watching him...adds that extra excitement to golf.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

It baffles my why adults don't teach kids to idolize people like Ghandi, MLK, scientists, and the like for their beliefs and contribution to society rather than allowing kids to idolize athletes.

Holy crap! you don't know much about MLK do you? He had multiple girl friends while married and out making speeches. The FBI had him cold. I don't know aout Ghandi because there was no way to find out but throughout history the more powerful the man the more tail he got on the side. The travesty of infidelity is the disrepect it shows for one's family, that's it, the rest is just sex.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!