IGNORED

Tiger Woods News Conference Friday

jubess
Note: This thread is 5038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that Accenture had approved it either - whoever there was responsible for making it. I daresay TW still has his defenders at the company, which is now (as a Corporation at least) just interested in limiting the damage to its reputation, which is very substantial in my opinion. Many people here didn't even know what Accenture is all about - pretty funny in context. The effect on the Match Play is what it is - anyone here dispute that? Of course the point remains (and Ernie's), that Tiger should have set this up for a Monday or Tuesday rather than a Friday - for reasons that I'm sure people understand very well whether they admit it or not.

Good to see that the Golf Writers Associations is showing some integrity by boycotting the event, because of the way that Tiger and his handlers have organized it. Bravo to them for that. Someone in the industry is showing some guts for a change.

Alex B: good post. It is a hypothesis, obviously - like many posts in this whole discussion. It sounds like you are familiar with the nature of hypotheses and with statistical matters - are you a scientist by any chance? If I can get a good data set I'm thinking of doing a ROC analysis (followed by a Fisher's exact perhaps) .......

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Alex B: good post. It is a hypothesis, obviously - like many posts in this whole discussion. It sounds like you are familiar with the nature of hypotheses and with statistical matters - are you a scientist by any chance? If I can get a good data set I'm thinking of doing a ROC analysis (followed by a Fisher's exact perhaps) .......

Haha no, I'm not a scientist at all -- I'm a college student, probably a Classics major, and I run and hide from science courses. So I guess that's as far away from "scientist" as it gets ...

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

If Accenture are ok with, fair enough.But to be fair, you can't blame people for thinking this is an intentional slight to Accenture.It would be very Tiger - like behavior.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

With the issued statement today from the PGA / Finchem about the timing of Woods' public-statement being due to him having to go back to therapy next week - I still can't understand why he needs to make a public appearance, reading words off sheet put down by Steinberg (and whoever else in 'Team-Tiger'), when he could have issued a simple statement on his website as he did in 2008 when the knee blew out???

Curious.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

...he sure can act tho

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

What do you want him to do?

Exactly...he has probably gone thru all the emotions and tears in private.

Bag:ogio.gif SULTAN----titleist.gifDriver: 9.5* 909D Comp-----titleist.gif3W: 15* 909F3
titleist.gif5W: 18* 906F2----titleist.gifHybrid: 21* 909H----titleist.gifIrons: AP1's stiff
Wedges:vokey.gif 56*.14 & 60*.10----odyssey.gifPutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
golflogix.gif

Ernie was right? No, Ernie really needs to keep his mouth shut. Ernie wouldn't have nearly as large of a bank account if it weren't for Tiger.

I too wish Ernie would have zipped it (no pun intended) but wasn't he a wealthy and successful professional golfer long before Tiger Woods hit the scene? I can't comment on how much his association with Tiger off the course has lined his pockets, but I recall Ernie was involved with course design early on as well.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Looks like we got Major winners not named 'Tiger Woods' this year, then.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Didnt answer much as expected but he seemed very sincere to me...

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

WTF was that? No update on a return to golf, or did I miss that?????

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Note: This thread is 5038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!