IGNORED

Tiger's Statement...The Message Between the Lines

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 5174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Reading impressions like the ESPN one and hearing that Punk Feinstien makes me sad. Tiger spoke to the people in the room. He allowed it to be broadcast so those people would not be harassed by paparazzi and news reporters. This was not a speech to the world. All the sports people think he owes them the first salient words out of his mouth, they are wrong. He owes things to his close circle of friends and employees. He will get around to the journalists when it is their time and not before. If I were him I would be keeping a hit list. A lot of reporters would never get to talk to me ever again and that includes the two douche bags I mentioned above. I think Tiger is showing he is still the amazing man we hoped he was.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Reading impressions like the ESPN one and hearing that Punk Feinstien makes me sad. Tiger spoke to the people in the room. He allowed it to be broadcast so those people would not be harassed by paparazzi and news reporters. This was not a speech to the world. All the sports people think he owes them the first salient words out of his mouth, they are wrong. He owes things to his close circle of friends and employees. He will get around to the journalists when it is their time and not before. If I were him I would be keeping a hit list. A lot of reporters would never get to talk to me ever again and that includes the two douche bags I mentioned above. I think Tiger is showing he is still the amazing man we hoped he was.

What is it, exactly, that makes him an "amazing man"? The simple fact that he is a talented golfer? Maybe it's his ability to clearly distinguish between right and wrong; like considering his children and staying faithful to his wife and not sleeping with handfuls of women for years without using protection. Even if he did slip-up and cheat on his wife, i'm sure that, being the amazing man he is, he would realize how wrong he was and how it could destroy his family and never let it happen again. Oh wait....

909 D3
Exotics XCG 3 wood
3-PW VR TW
MP-T10 52 and 56
Sasquatch Tour stand bag Scotty Cameron Newport 2

. . . Tiger is showing he is still the amazing man we hoped he was.

I'm still not feeling it after that "press conference". I watched a bit of it, but I kept waiting for someone to stand up and say "Domo arigoto Mr Roboto."

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

What is it, exactly, that makes him an "amazing man"? The simple fact that he is a talented golfer? Maybe it's his ability to clearly distinguish between right and wrong; like considering his children and staying faithful to his wife and not sleeping with handfuls of women for years without using protection. Even if he did slip-up and cheat on his wife, i'm sure that, being the amazing man he is, he would realize how wrong he was and how it could destroy his family and never let it happen again. Oh wait....

Thanks, I agree.

I second that. I heard the talk, now lets see if he can walk his talk.

At this point I think he is still a spoiled little man child. Hopefully he will change that. Watching this made me reflect on the old saying, "don't confuse wealth with money" or, there is a difference between being poor and not having much money.

Tiger spoke to the people in the room. He allowed it to be broadcast so those people would not be harassed by paparazzi and news reporters.

I can't believe how someone can be so easily misled. If Tiger only needed to talk to his employees, there are any number of private ways to do it. This absolutely was a speech to the world, instigated not by Tiger but by his management team at IMG. Over the past months, they have been losing out on 10-15% of millions of dollars in endorsement money. Given his past, I doubt Tiger would have said anything until his first tournament back. This was a public relations exercise, nothing more. Tiger (and IMG and Nike) needed it to be broadcast to the world to hopefully stop the hemorraging of his image and endorsements.

As far as your thinking he is now the "amazing man we hoped he was", there's nothing that can be said to bring you back to the real world.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

What's amazing about Tiger, apart from his golfing skills, is that he could have been so egocentric, foolish and thoughtless of the consequences of his actions as to behave as he did with so many women for so long. That is truly amazing, and is something he's going to have to do more than give one speech to remedy.

I'm quite confident that Tiger knows this. He may have disgraced himself but I credit the man with more intelligence than many on this board, who obviously only care about his golfing prowesse and seize on every opportunity to let him off the hook.

He has made a start, but give me a break ...... He will never, ever recover the stature that he once had in certain respects in many people's minds, because he cannot undo what he has done. He had better get used to that idea. So be it.

I hope he meets with some success in his efforts, but he is going to have to live with the consequences of his decisions. That's the way everyone should be treated, great golfer or no great golfer.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I believe we can all agree that golfers, as a group, tend to be smarter than the average bear. When people do not agree with me one of us is dumber than the other. ... or we have a failure to communicate. Reread my #19 statement.
Tiger owes those outside his immediate circle nothing at this point in his recovery. Our time will come.
Could he have had a conference with his group without the press hounding them if he had done it in private? No.
Did he circumvent all speculation by allowing a pool camera? Yes.
Did he preclude haters from trying to vilify him? No.
Do I think he is an amazing man? Obviously.
Am I the smartest guy on this forum? Well duh!

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
Early Titelist Cavities

and... here's your sign

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods has offered another apology, this time to parents of children at the preschool that his 2-year-old daughter attends, an Orlando television station reported Tuesday.

WFTV reported on its Web site that it has obtained a letter that Woods and his wife, Elin, wrote to parents of children attending Premier Academy to apologize for increased media scrutiny around the school.

"If Tiger only needed to talk to his employees, there are any number of private ways to do it."... RIGHT!

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
Early Titelist Cavities

"If Tiger only needed to talk to his employees, there are any number of private ways to do it."... RIGHT!

I think they have videoconferencing in Kansas. But, as the smartest person on this forum, you already knew that!

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

Note: This thread is 5174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!