IGNORED

How many of you mark your ball for aligning your putts???

timastyle
Note: This thread is 5175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you line your putts?

• I don't line it up to the where I want to start the ball...I use feel.
    • I use the side stamp on the golf ball for lining putts.
    • I use a sharpie to mark my ball to set up my line.

I am curious how many of you have sharpie marks on your golf ball for help on alignment of your putts. The reason I ask is that when I try to use this method, I tend to "settle" for close enough rather than making it sure I line it up in the direction I want to start the ball. There are a few things that attribute to it, but maily it's because the greens are not always level and making sure I line it up correctly becomes cumbersome.

The poll is wrong. I align my putt at a spot right in front of the ball, which I've picked out when looking at the line.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The poll is wrong. I align my putt at a spot right in front of the ball, which I've picked out when looking at the line.

You're right and I missed that one...if someone can tell me how to edit the poll, I will include it.

I aim at a spot in front of me as well, but other people, not only do that, but they also have a ball mark that they use to make sure they are aiming right. This is what I'm trying to figure out.

After reading a break, I'm looking at the ball and hole or imaginary hole considering break several times.......then pick a spot about few feets away in front of me as a reference to contorl put.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

I used to use a line but I don't bother lately, I look at the break and pick a spot in-line with the hole and aim at that. Working pretty good so far.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I voted no because I do draw a mark on the ball, but I don't aim it where I want to putt the ball to. Sometimes it put it perpendicular to my line, though, because I don't have be perfectly accurate. I'm just not very good at lining it straight at the line. To me, it is too distracting, and I sometimes have problems lining up the line with my putter line. So maybe I could vote yes, but I didn't.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't. The only time I want to pick up the ball is if it's in somebody's way or I'm getting it out of the hole.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I voted no for indoor season.

Outside, I'll line up the trademark with my imaginary hole (e.g. short and left for a downhill putt with left to right break).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I am curious how many of you have sharpie marks on your golf ball for help on alignment of your putts. The reason I ask is that when I try to use this method, I tend to "settle" for close enough rather than making it sure I line it up in the direction I want to start the ball. There are a few things that attribute to it, but

When I can take my time and line the ball up, and then get behind the ball and check the line to make sure it's correct then I do put much more accurately since I'm primarily only focusing on the stroke and speed. However, I usually feel that after lining it, checking the line from behind the ball that I've taken too long.

I should add that I golf in foursomes with a group of 30+ so guys on weekends. I'm one of the newest golfers (and also higher handicaps). The speed of play is important in these circumstances, and altogether hurries me a little.

I use the sharpie line.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I use the sharpie line. I use a thin sharpie.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Voted Sharpie. Though, I don't really use it that often, I still mark them out of habit.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I played with the line on the ball to help alignment, however it didn't work for me. For whatever reason the line I had my ball lined up on always seemed incorrect once I got over the ball. I don't know if I have a problem with my mind or my eyes, but I could never seem to line it up to the line that my "feel" wanted to putt it along when at address. So I stopped and my putting has never been better and my pre-shot routine isn't as long because I am not having to constantly readjust the ball.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I read the putt, tracing the path from the cup to the ball, then line up the side stamp to the spot a couple of inches infront of the ball that I want the ball to roll over.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I played with the line on the ball to help alignment, however it didn't work for me. For whatever reason the line I had my ball lined up on always seemed incorrect once I got over the ball. I don't know if I have a problem with my mind or my eyes,

Ha, I had the same problem. I would line it up and then standing over the ball, the line seemed to always be pointing somewhere else. Confused the crap out of me. I just look at my line and hope to hit it in!

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

For whatever reason the line I had my ball lined up on always seemed incorrect once I got over the ball.

I agree, I had the same feeling. However, after much trial and error I found the alignment mark was correct and my "feel" was wrong. It took a while but I learned to trust the line on the ball.

I just purchased an Odyssey Marxman blade and love the visual I get while using it in combination with a lined ball - the aim line is about five inches long. It rolls the ball well too. Even if you don't like using it while on the course, a lined ball is a good indicator of how you're stroking the ball. Get the ball to roll so it is one solid line and you're putting a pure stroke on the ball, if the line leaves your putter all wobbly, then you know you have some work to do.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

I try to. But it seems I can never get the ball to settle perfectly on a consistent basis. So I pretty much gave up on it.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Note: This thread is 5175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!