IGNORED

How many of you mark your ball for aligning your putts???

Note: This thread is 4177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you line your putts?

• I don't line it up to the where I want to start the ball...I use feel.
    • I use the side stamp on the golf ball for lining putts.
    • I use a sharpie to mark my ball to set up my line.

I am curious how many of you have sharpie marks on your golf ball for help on alignment of your putts. The reason I ask is that when I try to use this method, I tend to "settle" for close enough rather than making it sure I line it up in the direction I want to start the ball. There are a few things that attribute to it, but maily it's because the greens are not always level and making sure I line it up correctly becomes cumbersome.

The poll is wrong. I align my putt at a spot right in front of the ball, which I've picked out when looking at the line.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The poll is wrong. I align my putt at a spot right in front of the ball, which I've picked out when looking at the line.

You're right and I missed that one...if someone can tell me how to edit the poll, I will include it.

I aim at a spot in front of me as well, but other people, not only do that, but they also have a ball mark that they use to make sure they are aiming right. This is what I'm trying to figure out.

After reading a break, I'm looking at the ball and hole or imaginary hole considering break several times.......then pick a spot about few feets away in front of me as a reference to contorl put.

I voted no because I do draw a mark on the ball, but I don't aim it where I want to putt the ball to. Sometimes it put it perpendicular to my line, though, because I don't have be perfectly accurate. I'm just not very good at lining it straight at the line. To me, it is too distracting, and I sometimes have problems lining up the line with my putter line. So maybe I could vote yes, but I didn't.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am curious how many of you have sharpie marks on your golf ball for help on alignment of your putts. The reason I ask is that when I try to use this method, I tend to "settle" for close enough rather than making it sure I line it up in the direction I want to start the ball. There are a few things that attribute to it, but

When I can take my time and line the ball up, and then get behind the ball and check the line to make sure it's correct then I do put much more accurately since I'm primarily only focusing on the stroke and speed. However, I usually feel that after lining it, checking the line from behind the ball that I've taken too long.

I should add that I golf in foursomes with a group of 30+ so guys on weekends. I'm one of the newest golfers (and also higher handicaps). The speed of play is important in these circumstances, and altogether hurries me a little.

I played with the line on the ball to help alignment, however it didn't work for me. For whatever reason the line I had my ball lined up on always seemed incorrect once I got over the ball. I don't know if I have a problem with my mind or my eyes, but I could never seem to line it up to the line that my "feel" wanted to putt it along when at address. So I stopped and my putting has never been better and my pre-shot routine isn't as long because I am not having to constantly readjust the ball.

I read the putt, tracing the path from the cup to the ball, then line up the side stamp to the spot a couple of inches infront of the ball that I want the ball to roll over.

I played with the line on the ball to help alignment, however it didn't work for me. For whatever reason the line I had my ball lined up on always seemed incorrect once I got over the ball. I don't know if I have a problem with my mind or my eyes,

Ha, I had the same problem. I would line it up and then standing over the ball, the line seemed to always be pointing somewhere else. Confused the crap out of me. I just look at my line and hope to hit it in!

For whatever reason the line I had my ball lined up on always seemed incorrect once I got over the ball.

I agree, I had the same feeling. However, after much trial and error I found the alignment mark was correct and my "feel" was wrong. It took a while but I learned to trust the line on the ball.

I just purchased an Odyssey Marxman blade and love the visual I get while using it in combination with a lined ball - the aim line is about five inches long. It rolls the ball well too. Even if you don't like using it while on the course, a lined ball is a good indicator of how you're stroking the ball. Get the ball to roll so it is one solid line and you're putting a pure stroke on the ball, if the line leaves your putter all wobbly, then you know you have some work to do.

Note: This thread is 4177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!