IGNORED

Nike Forged Blades vs TW Blades Vs Taylormade R9 TP

Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I personally play the Forged Combo irons. The PW-8 iron are the same as the forged blades, the 7-5 irons are split cavities, and the 2, 3, and 4 irons are full cavities. I really like them, they have some forgivness in the longer irons, while maintaining the feel and workability of the blades in the short irons.

This is almost the same setup I have going on, except I did it with the VRs. I have 3I thru 5I full cavity, 6I and 7I forged split cavity, and 8I thru PW forged blades. I love the setup, it has worked extremely well for me. Though I wouldn't consider the VR forged blades forgiving clubs, they are surprisingly/oddly forgiving for the type of club that they are. I would think the Pro Forged Combos can probably had for much cheaper than the VRs now though. Though I never tried them, I've always heard great things about them, and I don't think anyone would go wrong with either set.

By the way, please don't post, your a 8 HC you should not be using blades.

Sorry if my handicap doesn't meet your criteria, but feel free to ignore it if I don't meet your "standards" for giving an opinion. Hopefully my post will help others reading this same thread, looking for similar info though.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Control, i think you miss read.
I ment that please don;'t sat that im a 8 hanicaper, don;t play blades.
No offence intended to other people, I ment dont say IM (crazyxgolfer) is a 8, don't play em....

I now actully play a combo set, P-8 Blades, 7 - 4 Small cavities.

I actully got to try a blade 3 Iron yesterday and loved it (in the old nike forged blades)
I think im going to try the Vr's and if there good, im going to buy them

Thanks all for the help!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Quite honestly there are so many options out there, to limit yourself to only Blades seems like you are limiting the greatest trip to a golf store that any golfer gets... Going to get new irons, what a great day. I'd go spend the whole day there, and hit Mizzuno's, Nike's, TM, Titleist, all of it! Take a couple of trips if you feel it's too much! Be sure you try the Mizzu, MP58, and the AP 2's...

If a club or set helps you with your score, and helps you enjoy the game more, then does it matter if they are blades or Game improvement irons? Just my .02, but when I got my AP2, I think that all the salespersons at my golf store knew my name, I was in there for 3 strait weekends.... They knew I was serious, supported me in any way, and by the time the 3rd day was up, they were tired of me and got me a great deal, included free fitting, and alterations on the set i decided on... Whatever you decide, enjoy it!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

Quite honestly there are so many options out there, to limit yourself to only Blades seems like you are limiting the greatest trip to a golf store that any golfer gets... Going to get new irons, what a great day. I'd go spend the whole day there, and hit Mizzuno's, Nike's, TM, Titleist, all of it! Take a couple of trips if you feel it's too much! Be sure you try the Mizzu, MP58, and the AP 2's...

Hey,

I have been to a few demo nights with alot of brands there, the only other clubs i really liked were the Ap2's. Nike was really the only brand i did not hit in the demo days, ive only tried there old irons out. I still might have a look at some others that i have not tried. Eg the new srixon Irons.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I am sure you can see by my signature that the AP2 were what won here... I like going the Demo rout as well...

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

Sorry if my handicap doesn't meet your criteria, but feel free to ignore it if I don't meet your "standards" for giving an opinion. Hopefully my post will help others reading this same thread, looking for similar info though.

I think you read it wrong. He is asking that people not respond telling him that HIS handicap is too high for him to be using blades. It was worded strangely but I don't think he was saying that no one with a cap higher than his should offer advice.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!