IGNORED

The Golf Cnannel Am Tour

cepausm
Note: This thread is 5169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone on here play in the Golf Channel's Am Tour? If so how do you like it? I am thinking about doing this next year since I will be done with school and will have some time on my hands. Is this a good amature tour or are there better ones out there?

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade BurnerIrons: Fusion 5-AwHybrids: Idea 3i/17 deg-4i/21 degPutter: Never Compromise VoodooBall: Whatever I find, currently TP Black

i would like to know the same thing... I am in the same situation as you. Anyone have any good information?

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

I've heard its expensive and therefore didn't check the website.

I'm guessing this is the best place to start.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/amateurtour/
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I played on that tour for a couple of years when I lived in Florida.....we had an excellent league operator, they chose good courses, and there was 50-100 people at every event.....very well organized, fun, and lots of great people.....if I had the means, I would be joining the AM Tour here in Dallas, but I simply cannot afford it at this time....

If you have the money, it's worth a look....

EDIT, you might call your local league operator and see if they have an open event where you can try out the format and see if you like it.......the web tools are excellent....my one and only gripe was the 5 and a half hour rounds....

The commercials suck, theres a guy on there too that reminds me of client that our company had, god I hated him, commercial pisses me off because of that.

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

I played in a couple events and it's well run. You get to play some very nice courses but the price is really hard to swallow. I will probably not play in any events this year since I have better ways to spend that much money.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I used to live in Myrtle Beach, SC where they have the World Amateur championship. There was alway claims that people were fudging their handicaps. I never played in it, but there would would always be controversy when poeple with 20 handicaps would amazing shoot 82, 80, 79 for the three rounds.

Here is a link to it: http://www.worldamgolf.com/

Does that issue ever come up in the Am Tour events you were a part of?

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

would always be controversy when poeple with 20 handicaps would amazing shoot 82, 80, 79 for the three rounds.

The local events, rare if ever.....always a good time.....the bigger events, yes..... we'd play a 2 day event with a tough course many had not seen before.....in a 4some, you'd have a 90, 88, 85, and some guy would shoot 78, both days.....sandbaggers are few, but they are there...granted, it's hard to weed them out of any handicap system....cheaters always find a way, LOL

I've heard its expensive and therefore didn't check the website.

Thats what ive heard as well. And in turn i did the exact same thing you did. I already shell out $500+ a year for state and local am tourneys.

Pass.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I researched it years ago and they wanted $199 initiation fee plus entry fees for each tournament that averaged about $100 - $150. What a rip off!!! I'll stick to the Premier card and pretend its a tournament.. lol.
In my Callaway Warbird stand bag:
Ping G15 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ S
Ping G15 4W 17* Aldila Serrano S
Adams IDEA A7 19* UST Mamiya AXIVcore S
TM 2009 Burners 4-PW / Titleist SM Vokeys 50, 56 & 62 / TM Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost / Titleist Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!