IGNORED

I didn't get the memo - "To Game"

Randy4h
Note: This thread is 5143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't understand the offense with the term.

It seems fairly descriptive to me. Ex.: I have numerous putters but I've been mainly gaming this one.

Seems like a useful golf term.

Perhaps you guys should contact Callaway / Top Flite and tell 'em their Gamer ball is pretentious.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I don't understand the offense with the term.

Perhaps that's true. When comparing the Gamer's "durability" versus playability, we'd also accept "ostentatious".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

True or it could be that you are wound a little too tight.

Loosen up your collar and take a couple of deep breaths.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Wasn't aware of that, but still, how did it originate? As a noun, then someone decided to ummm "verb" it

Well

here is a link to it on Merriam- Webster. I'm not sure quite how it came to be in the dictionary, except that they add a few new words every year, and they are usually words that start out as slang or that sort of thing, then become used so often, they just formalize it. Peculiarly, they don't have the noun form of google on that website, google meaning 10^100, I think.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

HAHA!!! I actually have to agree with you on this one. I never heard the whole 'gaming' thing until I joined this site. It sounds too much like golfers trying to make our sport sound a lot more 'tough' than it really is........

I agree...what a joke.

I'm gaming this forum!

Typical uppity Husky Fan complaining about how people talk. J/K of course. But seriously I would never say "game" in face to face conversation, but I've probably said it here somewhere.

So you would understand "coug" as a verb as in; "They were leading by double digits in the 4th quarter but couged it."

I can say it because I'm an alum...WSU class of '87. Go Cougs!

So you would understand "coug" as a verb as in; "They were leading by double digits in the 4th quarter but couged it."

Thanks for that. Probably not too folks many outside the Northwest are familiar with the verb "to coug". But given UW's recent past on the football field, I am keeping quiet (For Now).

Thanks for that. Probably

Sorry. Meant to say ..."not too many folks"...

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

Oh my, unfortunately I'm quite familiar with the verbage of "couged" it. It's rough being a WSU fan.

It seems fairly descriptive to me. Ex.: I have numerous putters but I've been mainly gaming this one.

It is anymore usefull than the proper word I've been mainly using this one for instance

From a linguistics perspective I think it's fascinating. In 30 years a large number of nouns might have a verb form. Or rather, the nouns will get verbed.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Reading through these threads, I see most everyone "games" their clubs or "games" their ball. Last I checked, "game" was a noun. Did I miss the memo making it now a verb?

Surprisingly, I don't have a problem with the use of the word "game" as a verb, or describing a club that you use rather than just a club that you have as a "gamer," as was said above.

I tend to go along with the general theme here. Turning nouns into verbs is mostly just a habit born out of lazyness, or maybe trying unsucessfully to be "cool".

Personally, I "play golf", and I "use Pro V1x balls" when I "play golf".

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I tend to go along with the general theme here. Turning nouns into verbs is mostly just a habit born out of lazyness, or maybe trying unsucessfully to be "cool".

I buy Wilson and Top Flite balls because I don't have enough game to game Pro V1xs.

* laziness

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I buy Wilson and Top Flite balls because

I probably don't either, but like the consistency around the green. This spring I'll be "using" the TM Penta TP.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I probably don't either, but like the consistency around the green. This spring I'll be "using" the TM Penta TP.

Top Flites and Wilsons are consistent around the greens - the Wilson EcoCore and the Top Flite Feel are actually pretty good balls for the money.

BTW - a Dunlop DDH from 1989 is also consistent around the greens - it's a rock, but it feels like a no-spin rock every time.

Reading through these threads, I see most everyone "games" their clubs or "games" their ball. Last I checked, "game" was a noun. Did I miss the memo making it now a verb? I think I am out of touch, since I only "play" or "swing" a club or "use" or "hit" the ball? Maybe I should say I "game golf"? Sorry. Just a pet peeve.

Apology accepted. That stick up your a** must be killing you.

Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

Surprisingly, I don't have a problem with the use of the word "game" as a verb, or describing a club that you use rather than just a club that you have as a "gamer," as was said above.

I have an acquaintance who insists on using the term "golfball" when referring to golf, as in, "Let's play a game of golfball tomorrow.", or "I'm going to take golfball lessons".

Note: This thread is 5143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!