IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Cannot wait for The Good Place.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/the-good-place-season-3-best-show-nbc-1202006904/

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I find it hard to watch shows or movies where I can't root for at least one character. If everyone is bad, I don't want to continue. 

Don't watch Succession, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Cannot wait for The Good Place.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/the-good-place-season-3-best-show-nbc-1202006904/

Don't watch Succession, lol.

Thanks for the warning. I tried to watch Ozark and found a similar theme.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I just finished watching the pilot for Manifest.  I told my wife I hope they end up on an island with a smoke monster.

Wait wat? Must... watch... this... pilot. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Wait wat? Must... watch... this... pilot. 

It was meh. Gonna give it three episodes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The premise was interesting, but the whole episode seemed like something I’ve seen already before, and done better. 

Not that I’ve seen all of these shows, but it looks like the writers pinched a little of Sense8, added a touch of LOST, sweetened it with a sprig of This Is Us and simmered it in a cop drama.  

I agree with you, @iacas, three episodes may be the limit.  

I’m just about through a rewatch of season two of Man In The High Castle.  Although not as stellar as the first, I’m finding it better the second time around.  

Corey

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

The premise was interesting, but the whole episode seemed like something I’ve seen already before, and done better.

Right. A plane that goes missing for five years? Interesting.

People hearing voices and solving crimes? C'mon… That was a completely stupid direction to go, IMO.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

OK, we watched Magnum PI. As fans of the original, we weren't expecting much. But it was actually good. The casting was good including the lead. They updated the story to today, but the premise and relationships are the same. We'll give it a few more weeks, but so far so good.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 9/26/2018 at 11:23 PM, iacas said:

Yeah, disappointed. 

BBC's Bodyguard was very good. Not in US yet, will be on US Netflix soon. 

Steve

So how was Manifest?  I saw the preview but didnt get to watch.  Looked to be a rip off of Lost.  Tough to beat that show.  One of the best for the first 3 seasons.... downhill after that.

I saw the preview of Magnum PI and wanted to check it out but missed it too. 

Did watch the Good Place last night.  Odd start to this season but Kristen Bell is so HOT who cares right???  LOL.  It was a good show in S1 & 2 so I will continue to watch.

Any other good shows you guys recommend?

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

So how was Manifest?  I saw the preview but didnt get to watch.  Looked to be a rip off of Lost.

It's not that.

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's not that.

Better?  Worse?  Anytime something starts with a plane one often will compare it to Lost.

I guess they were lost for 5 years and didn't age... that's about all I remember from the preview.

3 hours ago, Vinny Cap said:

Better?  Worse?  Anytime something starts with a plane one often will compare it to Lost.

I guess they were lost for 5 years and didn't age... that's about all I remember from the preview.

Worse. Definitely worse.  

Corey

1 hour ago, Warren Zevon said:

Worse. Definitely worse.  

Thanks... I might have to pass on it then.  I'll come back here in a month and see if you guys are WOW'ing it or if you have cut your wrists yet!  LOL

Manifest - it was interesting seeing all the new New York viewscapes as the show had a lot of locations in western Queens in newly built, gentrified areas. Pretty much new Hunter's Point.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Netflix dropped The Haunting Of Hill House this week.  I’m on the fourth episode, and am in love with it so far.  

Its creepy AF, but it’s setting up what’s hopefully a really great story.  I’ll save my score for the series when I’m done with the binge.  

Corey

Watched some more Manifest. It sucks. It totally sucks. 

Like the new Doctor Who. 

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Like the new Doctor Who. 

Oh Ya...One of my favorites and the new Doctor is very good.  

I also liked Magnum P.I.  The remake is pretty good.

I gave Manifest 3 episodes...nah...

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny