IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

At the end of titanic ... The boat sinks.

Guys, it's unsinkable ! (For those who were there at the Masters chat.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Wow. My bad. Well, the fact that the dude's name is Annikan Skywalker.... and then in the next trilogy the guy is Luke Skywalker.... should be somewhat of a hint.... unless Skywalker is like the most common last name on Tattooine like Smith or Jones is here  .... Seriously, my fault. I blame Jamo.

And yea, Jeter is either a huge moron for dumping Minka Kelly, or that guy's cup is just always full. Probably the latter.

BTW Bruce Willis is already dead but doesn't know it. He's a ghost.

Wait, you may have misunderstood me. I was serious that I was watching Star Wars ... Not serious about the spoiler. That would be ridiculous, lol!!

OK, good. Because there are actual adults out there who haven't seen it.

And I still cry inside every time Mr.Ismay tells the Captain to speed up the ship. You and your damn headlines! Excuse me, I think I have something in my eye....

Constantine

Did you guys see the latest Game of Thrones episode?  I won't spoil it but holy shit it was intense

You're joking right. Episode 3 is really episode 6. And I just like to pretend the "prequels" never happened. Like Indiana Jones 4 and the Brooklyn Nets.

Yeah 1-3 are just terrible.  Hopefully they can turn things around without Lucas involved.  Suppose to be at least one Star Wars movie a year starting in '15 I think.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Wait, you may have misunderstood me. I was serious that I was watching Star Wars ... Not serious about the spoiler. That would be ridiculous, lol!!

Whew, good thing it's just a movie

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Did you guys see the latest Game of Thrones episode?  I won't spoil it but holy shit it was intense

Well, I have read the books so I knew what was coming.  Quite entertaining watching the wife watching last night though. ;)  I guess I'm a sadist?? :)  Speaking of sadism, this is pretty amusing ...

http://io9.com/the-100-best-tweets-about-last-nights-game-of-thrones-511003444

There was no yellow brick road, tin man or wizard, it was just a dream.  So there!

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yeah 1-3 are just terrible.  Hopefully they can turn things around without Lucas involved.  Suppose to be at least one Star Wars movie a year starting in '15 I think.

I read the books and was still blown away. I think I threw up in my mouth a little but that didn't stop me from watching it again.

The Star Wars prequels were an abomination. I just rewatch the light saber fights and other action set pieces. Maybe the last one had an iota of redeemable qualities.

I think JJ Abrams is a better fit for Star Wars than for Star Trek, but please, don't use Lindelof, he that was LOST's showrunner. In certain moments, I thought I was watching Star Wars in the latest Star Trek movie.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

He built it, and they DID come.

And the aliens can be killed with water in that Mel Gibson movie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

How many years before we can spoil movies without thinking about it?  10 years? 15? People have given me grief for spoiling 10 year old movies. Good grief.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Bruce Willis is ghost???? What??????? NO WAY!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Friday Night Lights rules! I'm not sure when I fell in love with it (probably the Tornado episode?) but I'm hooked. It's gonna be sad when this one ends.

Constantine

Friday Night Lights rules! I'm not sure when I fell in love with it (probably the Tornado episode?) but I'm hooked. It's gonna be sad when this one ends.

**Looks around.** So who's going to be the one to tell JetFan the show ended a few years ago? :-P FWIW, I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm the last few months. I'm about five seasons in.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

**Looks around.**

So who's going to be the one to tell JetFan the show ended a few years ago?

FWIW, I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm the last few months. I'm about five seasons in.

I meant "when it ends for me," Jamo . I've come to accept that the football games are just highlight reels: touchdowns and turnovers. I understand they'd rather tell the story of these characters than show a fake game for 15 minutes of runtime. And when the show becomes an after-school special, it's pretty funny to me. Other than that, it's pretty entertainingly addictive. But I can understand a lot of people disliking this show. The low ratings aren't a surprise.

Curb's great. The few golf episodes in it are awesome. I hope Larry David comes back and produces another season.

Constantine

I meant "when it ends for me," Jamo B-) . I've come to accept that the football games are just highlight reels: touchdowns and turnovers. I understand they'd rather tell the story of these characters than show a fake game for 15 minutes of runtime. And when the show becomes an after-school special, it's pretty funny to me. Other than that, it's pretty entertainingly addictive. But I can understand a lot of people disliking this show. The low ratings aren't a surprise.

I gotcha. It also didn't help the ratings that they dicked around with the show. For several of the later seasons it aired on a special DirecTV channel well in advance of when it would be played on NBC. [quote name="JetFan1983" url="/t/32874/favorite-tv-show-s/270_30#post_853345"]Curb's great. The few golf episodes in it are awesome. I hope Larry David comes back and produces another season. [/quote] Like with the weatherman, who predicts rain so that he can have the course to himself. Maybe that's what's happening at Merion.

In my bag:

Originally Posted by jamo

I gotcha. It also didn't help the ratings that they dicked around with the show. For several of the later seasons it aired on a special DirecTV channel well in advance of when it would be played on NBC.

NBC ruined the ratings for the show by constantly moving it around to different nights and times to fill in for failed shows.  The last two seasons had their budget cut in half and were shown, as you said, as reruns on NBC.  It amazes me that shows like FNL and Southland were cancelled yet most of the new shows they air are complete garbage.

Joe Paradiso

Yea, the weatherman's good.

I love the 5-wood episode and how he later has to pretend to be a WASP in order to get admitted into a country club.

Also the Seder is hysterical. Where the child molester gives him a golf lesson and fixes his swing, and they become friends.

You've got a classic golf episode coming up sometime in season 7 I think. Look forward to that one.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

I gotcha. It also didn't help the ratings that they dicked around with the show. For several of the later seasons it aired on a special DirecTV channel well in advance of when it would be played on NBC.

NBC ruined the ratings for the show by constantly moving it around to different nights and times to fill in for failed shows.  The last two seasons had their budget cut in half and were shown, as you said, as reruns on NBC.  It amazes me that shows like FNL and Southland were cancelled yet most of the new shows they air are complete garbage.

Yea, I'd take an extra season or two of FNL. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with waiting for episodes or it switching times and networks.

Speaking of ruining the show, the writers' strike of 2008 ruined the end of season two and the beginning of season three. It takes multiple episodes into season three for the story to recover.

I wish they bit the bullet and dedicated the first five episodes of season three to finishing the season two story, and then using thirteen to tell the actual season three story. I'm sure they tried, but NBC axed that idea.

Constantine

I gotcha. It also didn't help the ratings that they dicked around with the show. For several of the later seasons it aired on a special DirecTV channel well in advance of when it would be played on NBC. Like with the weatherman, who predicts rain so that he can have the course to himself. Maybe that's what's happening at Merion.

I've only seen a handful of episodes, but my favorite is the one at the dodger game. :) Random related side note: a man was acquitted of a crime because he was at that game and visible on the episode, which was filmed during the crime he was alleged to commit. So, tying it back in to Seinfeld, you could almost say that Larry David was (albeit completely accidentally) a "good Samaritan." :)

Originally Posted by newtogolf

NBC ruined the ratings for the show by constantly moving it around to different nights and times to fill in for failed shows.

No different than how NBC ruined Newsradio - the show was doomed before Phil Hartman died because of the lack of steady schedule.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L