Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sleepy Hollow

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Just watched the first episode of Jeremy Piven's new show "Mr. Selfridge" last night, has potential but I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide if it's a winner.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mr.Selfridge is a good show. It was on PBS in the US last year, and we enjoyed it. If you ever get to Philadelphia, go to the big Macy's near City Hall. It is the former Wanamaker's,and was built in the late 1800's or early 1900's. It is very ornate,and it will make you think you are in Selfridge's. Another show on PBS that we really like is"Foyle's War". On another note, my wife has been traveling to Montreal for buisness, and she has enjoyed it. Although, she hopes she won't have to go there during winter,unless she can get her hands on some hockey tickets.

The Walking Dead. So glad season 4 is starting soon! Love that show!

I thought the first season or two of that show was terrible.  Just people wandering around aimlessly killing zombies.  Once they got to the farmhouse, it was like the writers decided they needed to start....writing.  I thought it got a lot better after that, and now I really enjoy the show.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I thought the first season or two of that show was terrible.  Just people wandering around aimlessly killing zombies.  Once they got to the farmhouse, it was like the writers decided they needed to start....writing.  I thought it got a lot better after that, and now I really enjoy the show.

Funny ... I have, almost quite literally, the exact opposite opinion.  Season 3 was definitely my least favorite of all of them, and its a tossup as to whether I think season 1 or 2 is better.  I will stick with it to see what happens, but if they stick around in the prison for too long, or drag out the governor's crap too much, I may bail.

I don't want to see them camped out and at war with a crazy human, I want to see them on the run, avoiding zombies, and searching for ultimate refuge or a cure or something.

Funny ... I have, almost quite literally, the exact opposite opinion.  Season 3 was definitely my least favorite of all of them, and its a tossup as to whether I think season 1 or 2 is better.  I will stick with it to see what happens, but if they stick around in the prison for too long, or drag out the governor's crap too much, I may bail.

I don't want to see them camped out and at war with a crazy human, I want to see them on the run, avoiding zombies, and searching for ultimate refuge or a cure or something.

Same here. I felt the prison season was getting to far away from the Zombie premise, almost as if they are running out of ways to keep the Zombie scenario fresh. Still really enjoying the series but hoping it gets back to it's roots. I'm guessing that seeing as the Governor wasn't killed in season 3 we're in for more of the same in season 4. I also found it kinda hard to believe that the Governor was able to take down Merle so easily, Merle was bad ass mother-****er!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I am done with The Walking Dead. Especially after reading about how AMC management screwed the writers and actors.

I thought season one was excellent and the best season and when they got to the farmhouse, it was going nowhere (here is where AMC management slashing the budget forced the showrunners to make the cast stay in one place) and I totally lost interest. The last season got better, but have no more desire to watch a fourth season, I'm at the end of my rope.

Sleepy Hollow is the new Fringe.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Same here. I felt the prison season was getting to far away from the Zombie premise, almost as if they are running out of ways to keep the Zombie scenario fresh. Still really enjoying the series but hoping it gets back to it's roots. I'm guessing that seeing as the Governor wasn't killed in season 3 we're in for more of the same in season 4. I also found it kinda hard to believe that the Governor was able to take down Merle so easily, Merle was bad ass mother-****er!

I thought season one was excellent and the best season and when they got to the farmhouse, it was going nowhere (here is where AMC management's slashing the budget forced the showrunners to make the cast stay in one place) and I totally lost interest.

Haha, looks like I'm the lone wolf here.  I remember being genuinely astonished that the show was popular when I was watching the first 2 seasons.  Maybe I'm just not as into zombies as much as the average american.

I thought the mess with the governor got interesting, but lasted way too long.

Do you think we'll ever start to learn what actually caused the zombie apocalypse?  It is going that way right?  Just very very very slowly?

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I posted this in the BB thread, but it probably belongs here.  This is my list, in the style of fantasy football draft lists.  No particular order within each tier.

Tier 1

The Wire
Tier 2
Deadwood
Tier 3
Game of Thrones
Mad Men
The Sopranos
Band of Brothers
Six Feet Under (best finale i've ever seen)
OZ
Tier 4
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad  (This is really between 3 and 4 for me)
Boardwalk Empire
Homeland

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

• Administrator
Sleepy Hollow is the new Fringe.

Loved Fringe. Especially when it was more like the X-Files (first several seasons). Less so when they got into the whole two-universes/time-travel-frozen-in-amber thing.

Didn't even start a Season Pass for Sleepy Hollow.

The Blacklist was good in the first episode, and good but not quite as good in the second. I have high hopes.

That's the only new show I've started watching. And Homeland will hopefully get better again. Season 1, great. Season 2, eh…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Another complaint about TWD. What was up with the one episode where Michonne was able to walk through a crowd of Zombies (when she first arrives at the prison) with none of them noticing her? No explanation and even more bizarre, not one character ever comments on it???

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Another complaint about TWD. What was up with the one episode where Michonne was able to walk through a crowd of Zombies (when she first arrives at the prison) with none of them noticing her? No explanation and even more bizarre, not one character ever comments on it???

Wasn't she walking with one of her pet zombies?  Or had she smeared zombie guts all over her?  That turned out to be the loophole--smelling dead.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Wasn't she walking with one of her pet zombies?  Or had she smeared zombie guts all over her?  That turned out to be the loophole--smelling dead.

No, her pets were already dead. EVERYBODY is covered in Zombie guts at this point so...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Do you think we'll ever start to learn what actually caused the zombie apocalypse?  It is going that way right?  Just very very very slowly?

THIS! This is what I wanted TWD to do. Go global, more sci fi, something like World War Z, the book, but if it stays true to the comics, it's going to stay focused on the group.

Brooklyn 9-9 is pretty good so far. Not as funny as Veep or Community, but very entertaining.

Looking forward to HBO's production of American Gods, whenever that comes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I posted this in the BB thread, but it probably belongs here.  This is my list, in the style of fantasy football draft lists.  No particular order within each tier.

Tier 1

The Wire

Tier 2

Deadwood

Tier 3

Game of Thrones

Mad Men

The Sopranos

Band of Brothers

Six Feet Under (best finale i've ever seen)

OZ

Tier 4

Sons of Anarchy

Breaking Bad  (This is really between 3 and 4 for me)

Boardwalk Empire

Homeland

I guess I just don't watch that much TV* (at least that isn't sports ;))  Here's your list adjusted for me:

Tier 1

Breaking Bad
Tier 2
Sopranos
Band of Brothers
Tier 3
Game of Thrones (I've read the books, I know what happens)
Never Seen It**
The Wire
Deadwood
Mad Men
Six Feet Under
OZ
Sons of Anarchy
Boardwalk Empire
Homeland

**  And I mean never ... like I haven't watched 10 seconds of any of those shows.  I think I know what most of them are about based on buzz and commercials, but never seen any of them.  I definitely want to see The Wire though, regardless of what Erik says ;)

*  Well, the wife and I watch several shows that are fun but would never go into any lists like this.  Castle, Suits, Franklin & Bash are the current ones and they all fall into the "guilty pleasure" category, I would think.  Nothing too sophisticated about any of them.

P.S.  My all-time favorite show is Sports Night. ;)

The first three episodes of Sleepy Hollow were very interesting. I'll keep watching. And I recently was led on to Banshee. It's pretty good as well.

Corey

I don't watch much TV, but I have been trying to get into The Blacklist.  I really like how Spader plays red Red, and the quandary of his intentions.  Were it not for this I would be out of the show by now.   Agent Keen I find a bit obnoxious with the over the top typical hard ass female persona.  The world of profiling criminals is interesting and there are a couple angles that are trying to keep you watching.  The supposed game of whits between the Bureau and Red have not really been all that interesting yet.  In the long run, I don't really see how it can keep it up, but I will probably give the show a full season.  The only other thing I have taken from the show is that Harry Lennix could play a great role as the current US president in a few years. :-D

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black