IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

I'm on episode 5.

I'm hoping that my suspicions about Pierre are true.

Not overly hopeful on getting a lot of answers, though.  Watching the complete series of LOST a few times will do that to you.

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm on episode 5.

I'm hoping that my suspicions about Pierre are true.

Not overly hopeful on getting a lot of answers, though.  Watching the complete series of LOST a few times will do that to you.

I'm on Sundance's schedule, so only 2 episodes so far. I know there's a lot of questions unanswered at the end of season 1, but the show is riveting. There's nothing like it on American TV, it's quite different, which is why I like it. But yeah, the dam, Victor, the serial murderer, etc... How is all this cr@p related? There's another season coming up. Hope they don't pull off a Lindelof.

I rewatched LOST too, the first 2 seasons, which were incredible, but will never touch season six, which makes me want to spit. The pilot is still quite something. I don't think there's a better pilot.

Finished Black Mirror S1. It is incredible, a modern day Twilight Zone from the British. Shagging a pig. Great stuff.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Just finished watching the first episode of Mr. Selfridge . I like Piven so I'll see how it goes for at least three or four episodes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just finished watching the first episode of Mr. Selfridge . I like Piven so I'll see how it goes for at least three or four episodes.

I watched the first two and then got distracted by Californication and Sons of Anarchy. Looks promising and I really like Piven too.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I watched the first two and then got distracted by Californication and Sons of Anarchy. Looks promising and I really like Piven too.

Californacation is so funny. Great show Re watching workaholics right now. Funny stuff

Not sure if I posted this here already but Luther was a fantastic show on BBC. The wife and I just finished Breaking Bad, I enjoyed it. To me it wasnt the greatest show ever that some of my friends made it out to be but definitely entertaining. Much better than most of the crap on the tube these days, but thats not saying much. The Wire is still the all time favorite show. Sopranos close second.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Finished the first series (season) of Black Mirror . It's very dark, but would be very similar to the Twilight Zone if someone made it today. The commentary on technology and society is something. It's only available legally in the US on Direct TV. Watch this if you have it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Finished the first series (season) of Black Mirror. It's very dark, but would be very similar to the Twilight Zone if someone made it today. The commentary on technology and society is something. It's only available legally in the US on Direct TV. Watch this if you have it.

Based on your recommendation I watched the first two episodes and really liked it.  Its sort of sick, but good.

I'm very close to giving up on Walking Dead.  I fast-forwarded through the entire episode last night.  Enough with the governor.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• Administrator

Boy, @jamo , people are not happy about last night's The Mentalist .

http://whoisredjohn.com/

Meh. I don't get the outrage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Based on your recommendation I watched the first two episodes and really liked it.  Its sort of sick, but good.

I'm very close to giving up on Walking Dead.  I fast-forwarded through the entire episode last night.  Enough with the governor.

Robert Downey Jr bought the rights to the next episode of series 1 - The Entire History of You . Outbid George Clooney. If this episode isn't an anti Google Glass ad, I don't know what is. We might be seeing this episode as a movie one day. I really miss The Twilight Zone. Black Mirror has more than filled that void for awhile.

The BBC show I mentioned above, Broadchurch , Fox (I think) is going to remake it. I dunno how they'll make it any better, but I'll be watching. The original is excellent.

Haven't gotten to watch the latest Doctor Who episode. Can't wait.

Steve

Boy, @jamo , people are not happy about last night's The Mentalist . [URL=http://whoisredjohn.com/]http://whoisredjohn.com/[/URL] Meh. I don't get the outrage.

Interesting. I've enjoyed this more serialized season, but it's gotten to the point where you have to suspend all disbelief, as the Red John story really has always been. [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]There were some parts of last night's episode I didn't love (I guessed last week that it was going to be one of the guys they thought was dead - Cho was just too nonchalant about the DNA evidence and they emphasized the "don't trust any cops" thing sooooooo much - so I didn't need that explained, but I would have liked an explanation of how Red John guessed the 7 names months before Jane figured them out), but in a vacuum it was satisfying. I called the hidden gun in the church when Jane said he wanted to meet there, so that was fun. The larger problem was just that through the first five seasons they didn't establish enough minor characters who could have been viable suspects. Then they had to do the thing where you knew it wouldn't be Reed Smith because he was clearly a foot soldier, and it couldn't be Bertram because it was too obvious, so it really had to be either someone who was supposed to be dead. We never really got to hear his motivation other than the "grandeur" speech. The only weird thing was that at the very end, as Jane was strangling him and as he ran away, they played the little noise that they always play at Red John crime scenes. I really hope they don't trying to keep the "well maybe Jane is Red John" thing alive. Going forward I have no idea what they're going to do. Apparently the next episode is two years in the future, so who knows about the characters. Van Pelt and Rigsby are supposed to be gone, but I guess Lisbon and Cho are sticking around. I guess it'll just be a police procedural, though the ratings have been down the past few seasons, so we'll see how much longer it lasts. [/SPOILER] Anyway, I still enjoy it, so I'll keep watching the show as long as they air it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

LOL ... totally agree.

I just don't understand the direction (or lack thereof).  Scenes from next week showed that they're basically going to have another war at the prison???  Why?  You've already done that.  I don't give a crap about the stupid governor, or the GD prison.  Move on already!!

Have you ever watched any of the "webisodes" for this?  They're basically unrelated characters.  I wish they'd pursue those stories more.  Even more than that though, I'd like to see what's going on in Florida, or California, or France, or wherever.

LOL ... totally agree.

I just don't understand the direction (or lack thereof).  Scenes from next week showed that they're basically going to have another war at the prison???  Why?  You've already done that.  I don't give a crap about the stupid governor, or the GD prison.  Move on already!!

Have you ever watched any of the "webisodes" for this?  They're basically unrelated characters.  I wish they'd pursue those stories more.  Even more than that though, I'd like to see what's going on in Florida, or California, or France, or wherever.

I haven't seen the anything else, maybe i'll check it out online while I wait for the tv episodes to return to the interesting characters.  And I totally agree about getting a better sense of what is going on elsewhere.  Maybe they want to keep us in the dark on that just like the characters are, though?

My wife just keeps asking why they don't go find an island somewhere.  Seems like that would solve all their problems.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I haven't seen the anything else, maybe i'll check it out online while I wait for the tv episodes to return to the interesting characters.  And I totally agree about getting a better sense of what is going on elsewhere.  Maybe they want to keep us in the dark on that just like the characters are, though?

My wife just keeps asking why they don't go find an island somewhere.  Seems like that would solve all their problems.

And while we're ranting ... WTF was up with the pile of zombies in quicksand?

So, the guy has decided that the camp they are at is toxic, and he can tell from experience that it's going to go bad, so he wants to take his "family" and get the heck out of Dodge.  I get that.  But they drive down one road and there's a pile of zombies** in quicksand and then he's like "OK, that's it, this was the only road, so we have to go back now and kill a bunch of people there!"  OK, whatever.

**I hate that, apparently, these people live in a world where the term 'zombie' doesn't exist.  How is it that nobody thinks that the natural term for dead people coming back to life and eating everybody wouldn't be "zombies???"  Not one person???

Just started to watch Arrow on Netflix, watched the first 6 episodes, like it a lot.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Sleepy Hollow sputtered a little after the pilot but it's running on all cylinders now. There are plot holes and inconsistencies, but it is just so fun it makes me forget them. Constantly twisting American history (if 1 by land, 2 by sea, but 4 by ???) and the man out of time act by the lead actor and chemistry with female lead works so well, plus John Noble a couple of episodes ago and John Cho a steady presence.

This show is totally batsh*t crazy and the perfect silly telly pop confection to counterbalance all the dark shows out there.

Steve

Game of Thrones and Sherlock are the only shows I truly NEED to watch.

I watched my first episode of "Sherlock" last night, thought it was pretty cool but my wife fell asleep so I went into the next room and hit golf balls which is what I automatically do when my wife falls asleep while we're watching something.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint: