IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Perhaps double posting in this thread is OK ??? ...

S.H.I.E.L.D. is getting good again, I'm glad we stayed with it.  Last night Lady Sif was on the show, so that was cool.

Was starting to get fed up with the Blacklist, specifically the drawn out nonsense with the husband and the adpotion/you're married to your work/boohoo garbage, but they finally confirmed nefarious details regarding the husband and will concentrate on that this coming week, so that should be fun too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

and of the way he explained all of time as one year.  The entirety of recorded history has only occurred during the last 14 seconds of "December 31."  Mind blown!!

I've seen a variant of this before - it always blows my mind away. We are nothing.

That bit about Giordano Bruno - apparently he said heretical things about the church and that was why he was killed, not for believing the earth revolved around the sun. As soon as I saw that part, I thought uh-oh - people are gonna blow a gasket on this one.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The last episode of True Detecitve kind of threw me off. I expected them to tie up some loose ends (Tuttles?), but it was still pretty good. Overall, glad I got caught up in it.

Bill M

The last episode of True Detecitve kind of threw me off. I expected them to tie up some loose ends (Tuttles?), but it was still pretty good. Overall, glad I got caught up in it.

Saving it for a possible second season? Probably not likely but it's an awesome show.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Saving it for a possible second season? Probably not likely but it's an awesome show.

I doubt it. Pizzolatto mentioned that the second season is going to be pretty different from the first one, with no character overlap. I wonder if it's a show that's better binge watched. I watched it as it aired, but never really got too far into the predictions and the spooky supernatural parts of the show. I think most people who felt let down by the show just expected too much from some of that stuff, which they might not have if they binge watched it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

I doubt it. Pizzolatto mentioned that the second season is going to be pretty different from the first one, with no character overlap.

I wonder if it's a show that's better binge watched. I watched it as it aired, but never really got too far into the predictions and the spooky supernatural parts of the show. I think most people who felt let down by the show just expected too much from some of that stuff, which they might not have if they binge watched it.

I heard the same thing. Each season will be completely different detectives, setting, etc. Probably because McConaughey and Harrelson wouldn't/couldn't sign on for a long haul, multiple season deal. Damn that season was freakin' good though. I loved the last episode...although I might need to see a therapist now lol.

It's a running gag who the next pair if it is a pair, will be for TD. Lots of funny choices on Twitter. American Horror Story keeps the same cast but totally different plot each season. TD will be completely new but for writer and style. I felt a little let down by the finale but actors made it work. Lots of questions like who is The Yellow King? Some reviewers said TD was sort of the anti HoC, making a case for shared simultaneous viewing. I'm not too convinced of the success of releasing all at once. Perhaps an episode a day or one every 3 days?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yeah I guess I should have googled "True Detective Season 2" before I made my post :-$

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

True Detective was about as perfect and brilliant production as has ever been on TV. The directing, acting, writing and most importantly the beautiful cinematography and imagery of Louisiana was just astounding for TV level production.

I find it funny that so many places on the internet created these True Detective theories (so many of them outlandish) and were disappointed when the show wasn't what they wanted it to be or created it to be with their theories.

Pizolatto from the very beginning said this wasn't going to be some wild Lost-esque show of all these different crazy things going on with sci-fi angles and so forth. It wasn't going to be some wild goose chase with red herring after red herring to trick the audience. The show was a basic and brilliant character study of two men and how their lives were affected by crime. It was the journey that Hart and Cohle went on and how it changed them, what they lost a long the way and then what they gained. The finale was brilliant in terms of wrapping up their stories and not the story of the yellow king and all of that. The show was never about that, or at least wasn't intending to become a giant serial killer/cult hunt. I could write a post for days about my feelings of everything that happened in those 8 episodes but at the end of the day the show stands above most other exemplary works of television. Might as well just hand the Emmy to McConaughey now.

As for other shows that I enjoy watching right now...

Shameless- This season has brought it into the fold of the best dramas on TV. Dark, crude and funny.

Homeland- Still nothing will compare to the original idea and first season but overall a good show.

Boardwalk Empire- Think its had its day. Still for me seems like Nucky was miscast from the very beginning. Buscemi was never very interesting or convincing.

The Newsroom- Still think Sorkin writes the best dialog in TV or Film regardless of the lack of substance to his female characters. Unfortunately the idea of re telling the news the way he wants it to be seen did become contrived.

The Walking Dead- Its improved now that they are out of the prison but it still lack something. Maybe its just because the show has this overall pervading feeling of no hope and there is no real end in sight. Its just a general how to survive a zombie apocalypse show with some interesting people and some boring people.

Ray Donovan- Best freshman show on pay cable. Hoping for big things in the future with this show. Could become Showtimes next Dexter or Weeds of sorts to partner with Homeland.

I think true detective will be my next show when I can start watching it.   I am also interested in Fargo when that comes out.

Just finished Breaking Bad last night.

Caught up in Netflix with House of Cards.

Caught up in Netflix with Sherlock.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

My top shows:

1. Person of Interest

2. Chicago PD

3. NCIS

4. Vikings

5. Blue Bloods

6. Americans

I anxiously await the return of one of my all time favs - 24  in May.

Marathoned Borgen , finished all 3 seasons. Sorkin, you've been schooled. Way better than House of Cards and The Newsroom, even losing whatever nuance reading subtitles. Watching Helix - it's pretty bad but like the bio/biotech angle and need a sci fi fix. Also BBC's Hitch Hiker' Guide to the Galaxy - really old but still funny. Believe was terrible. Snowman. Broadcast network shows for the most part so bland, like eating rice cakes. People are gushing over Hannibal but just can't get into it.

Steve

Suits is back!!

Great show [quote name="Conrad" url="/t/32874/favorite-tv-show-s/630#post_962835"] Ray Donovan- Best freshman show on pay cable. Hoping for big things in the future with this show. Could become Showtimes next Dexter or Weeds of sorts to partner with Homeland.  [/quote] You sold me on this. Dexter and weeds were two of the best so if this becomes that good i would be happy. Currently downloading season 1

I have mainly been watching a lot of the Clone Wars and Call of the Wildman on Netflix with my boy. ;)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Probably once or twice a week, I'll sit down and watch an episode or two of [i]Justified[/i] -- I'm about halfway through season three at the moment. In fact, I even changed my alcohol consumption slightly due to the show: if I'm going to watch an hour of television in the evening, I'll usually have a drink with it, and that's usually scotch. But that didn't go so well with this show, so I bought a bottle of bourbon. [i]Archer[/i] gets my attention every new episode.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I have mainly been watching a lot of the Clone Wars and Call of the Wildman on Netflix with my boy. ;)

Clone Wars 4 lyfe. I was so happy to see them put the episodes on Netflix!

I watched the first season and the first episode of the second season of House of Cards and I just can't stand it. Too hammy for me.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Tonight was the first time in a long while that I was actually impressed by The Walking Dead.  Some really great performances all around.  I never thought I'd say it, but Carol is finally starting to grow on me.

I've been trying to get into a few shows lately.

Started the Clone Wars.  I used to be a huge SW fan, but the prequels just killed everything for me.

And I'm on episode two of Luther.  I'm trying to like it, but I'm not really impressed with Idris Elba yet.

I really enjoyed True Detective, as well.  I could care less about all the hints that never led to anything.  Loved the growth of both characters.

Corey