IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

I've been super surprised at how good Arrow actually is. I'm about halfway through the first season and I'm really impressed.

Angel is in my top five all time too. Love that show.

Arrow gets better as the season progresses.

I didn't really like the last season of Angel, but on the whole it was a very good ride.  Numfar, do the dance of joy!

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Arrow gets better as the season progresses.

I didn't really like the last season of Angel, but on the whole it was a very good ride.  Numfar, do the dance of joy!

Really? My favorite Angel season is the last season! The Fred/Wesley pairing and Wesley's character development were great. The series finale is in my favorite finale ever.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

The final season had way too much Spike for me. The puppet episode was kind of silly, too. My favorite run on the series was the trip to Pylea. It's been years since I've seen season five. I could totally stand for a series rewatch.

Corey

• Administrator

The wife said S01E03 Resurrection was dumb, so I didn't watch it and deleted it.

I'm sad about HIMYM ending. One of the few sit-coms to which I've actually paid attention rather than using as background noise while I play on the Internet or work at night.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The final season had way too much Spike for me. The puppet episode was kind of silly, too. My favorite run on the series was the trip to Pylea.

It's been years since I've seen season five. I could totally stand for a series rewatch.

I rewatched the series a few months ago. Really enjoyable experience.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I am more and more often putting on slow tv for background white noise. It used to be news, but there are many long playing slow tv vids on YouTube now, like waves breaking on a beach.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Latest episode of The Americans was good. That whole bit with the KGB vs Mossad was excellent. Mossad agent singing Kenny Roger's "The Gambler" with the fake accent. And him trying to psyche out Philip by comparing Israel and the Soviet Union. Kibbutz and communism. Philip wiping Mossad agent's butt after a number 2 (ewww.) The Mossad agent then tries to take him out - "Sorry, I had to try." The Soviet-Jewish physicist pleading for his life - "They took all your humanity, you're nothing but a machine." Ouch. Philip having to be reminded of Russia by asking Elizabeth if there were icicles in Moscow.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

HIMYM…ATSDAIEUWRAA.

:-(

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Depressing ending. Everyone's life sucked

I thought it was perfect. Really well done. Incredible that this was intended for ten years.

Television begins and ends with The Wire. Season 4 in particular is a masterpiece.

Its fan-base is comprised of people with legitimate attention spans who read books regularly. If you don't fall into this population, don't even bother. The writers spoon feed you nothing.

^^This.  Best TV ever created.  Also a big fan of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, House of Cards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Television begins and ends with The Wire. Season 4 in particular is a masterpiece.

Its fan-base is comprised of people with legitimate attention spans who read books regularly. If you don't fall into this population, don't even bother. The writers spoon feed you nothing.

^^This.  Best TV ever created.  Also a big fan of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, House of Cards.

While I still believe that the Wire is both an awesome and important show, I've somewhat backed off it as the end-all-be-all, if you will.

Now, don't get me wrong. I still love it. But I do recognize how the Wire lacks for entertainment during long stretches of its story. Like you mentioned in your list, shows such as Breaking Bad and the Sopranos did an excellent job of interspersing cool true-to-life situations with pure entertainment. The Wire sort of intentionally minimized that element at times in order -- I think -- to illustrate the reality of law enforcement and city politics in Baltimore.

Still, an incredible show. Very educational and very well done given its original goals. I'm still a big fan.

Constantine

Lost showrunner's upcoming show on HBO - what if 2% of the population disappeared? This is not a compelling trailer. Gonna have to do a lot more. A helluva of a lot more to convince me.

Steve

• Administrator

Game of Thrones, Season 4 began last night.

FWIW.

Game of Thrones, Season 4 began last night.

FWIW.

My little pony! What a dark turn, but what else do you expect from this show?

Veep and Silicon Valley as well.

Steve

Veep and Silicon Valley as well.

Really excited for that. Some of my few favorite standups and improvisors playing starring roles.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Really excited for that. Some of my few favorite standups and improvisors playing starring roles.

Love that guy's t-shirt. "I know H.T.M.L." (How to meet ladies). First episode free on YouTube:

Steve

Wow, I just finished season 4 of Shameless (the finale for S4 was last night) and wow. Great season! Season 3 was mediocre, but they hit one out of the park this year, I thought. Really enjoyed all the stories. Man, this show really goes deep into the dark side at times, but does it well.

So this makes seasons 1,2, and 4 as the three good seasons in the series IMO. I was nervous they were spiraling downhill after season 3, which seemed kind of like a rehash of the previous two seasons, but they won me back with S4... and you know, looking back on three now after having seen four, I can actually appreciate it a bit more.

I really don't know too many people who watch this show. The subject matter is pretty crazy sometimes, but overall, I've enjoyed it a lot.

PS- Seen a bit of the original UK series... I definitely like this more. Same people who made the original, so it's cool to see them do the story with money this time (the original is pretty budget).

Constantine