IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol!!

Sounds like a plan, my man.

I just started the book. Doing that gives me time to finish it before watching it.

Glad I thought of it. :-P

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I just started the book. Doing that gives me time to finish it before watching it.

Glad I thought of it. :-P

I don't know how much of a King fan you are, but I think it's him at his best with the narrative. I think he's severely underrated as a writer, and that book left me stunned. First and only time I've fallen in love with someone in a book.

Colin P.

I'm currently watching Angie Tribeca. This show is hilarious. It's done in the style of Police Squad! which I haven't seen, but it immediately reminded me of the Naked Gun movies.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, billchao said:

I'm currently watching Angie Tribeca. This show is hilarious. It's done in the style of Police Squad! which I haven't seen, but it immediately reminded me of the Naked Gun movies.

My wife made me turn that off to watch episode 4 of MaM. I've given up on this show. It's stupid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I may have to watch this given the comparison.  Check out Police Squad! TV show if you get a chance.  Of all shows that I'm watched the full run (first to last episode) multiple times, this is in the top three both for how much I like it and how many times I've watched the full run.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I loved 24... But that ended and doesn't appear to ever be coming back. Loved Blacklist until Lizzy went rogue. Liked The Glades, but that got cancelled.  Still like NCIS. Hawaii Five-O is good too... I used to be a big fan of the original with Jack Lord. Most of the newer sitcoms don't do much for me. But trying to get back to doing more reading, and less TV.

Dave

Looking forward to the BBC's War and Peace, despite all those Russians speaking English in English accents and the shows below.

Mercy Street, Civil War drama:

Billions - Major Winters from Band of Brothers, Paul Giamatti. 

London Spy

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I've:

• Caught up on Workaholics. Stupid, but always entertaining.
  • Started the second season of American Crime. Incredible show. One of the best network shows I've ever seen.
  • Watched season 1 of Mr. Robot. The last episode was somewhat anti-climactic, but the few before that were incredible. Great show.
  • Almost finished with The Man in the High Castle. A+ premise, A+ directing and staging, B- writing and plot.
  • Finished the second season of The Leftovers. Very, very good. Weirdly trippy. 
  • Caught up on The Goldbergs. Really good family sitcom.
  • Started watching Blackish. Also very fun sitcom to watch.
  • Need to catch up on Suits, watch the first seasons of Blackish and American Crime.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Banshee is dope. I'm starting the second season soon. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I didn't like season three of Banshee as much as the first and second.  My wife cancelled our movie channels over the weekend.  I'll have to get them back up for April when Banshee and GOT returns.  

After many failed attempts I finally made it through the first season of Penny Dreadful.  I can't explain why I couldn't get into it the first few tries, but watching all eight episodes over a couple of days has me hooked.  

Also, Eva Green...rawr....

Corey

Not a fan of Billions, cliched characters and over the top. 

War and Peace is what I expected, would prefer to see a new Russian production.

Black Sails picking up slowly, introduced some new characters, a whole lot of firepower headed to Nassau.

X-Files miniseries disappointing so far but was always lukewarm about the show.

9 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Also, Eva Green...rawr....

Her performance in the seance was spine tingling.

Steve

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Not a fan of Billions, cliched characters and over the top. 

X-Files miniseries disappointing so far but was always lukewarm about the show.

I disagree on the latter. It's no early "Fringe," but it's good. And they have to kind of get back into the swing of things, after all…

I haven't begun watching the former.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I disagree on the latter. It's no early "Fringe," but it's good. And they have to kind of get back into the swing of things, after all…

I haven't begun watching the former.

Yeah, I realize I'm going against the grain here. A lot of people love The X-Files. I dunno what it is, there's great chemistry between the actors and on paper, it's something I should love. Maybe I was abducted or something. :-)

Steve

Grease - the original and last night on Fox. Yes, I know negative messages it sends, but I can't resist the catchy tunes. Also it's getting a lot of talk for the invigorating directing and cinematography.

Steve

Finished watching the first season of The Expanse and this is how good it is:

I enjoyed it more than The Force Awakens.

This is the most enjoyable, compelling and thought provoking tv science fiction I've watched in a long time. The Leftovers isn't science fiction strictly, but it was a recent show that I didn't expect to bowl me over. It was an emotional dusty roller coaster that wrung my heart and I didn't expect another strong show to come along so soon. The Expanse is this wondrous dirty complicated world with a ragtag team of... Leftovers... whom I found easy to identify with, it's a show that provoked my imagination.

It stands on the shoulders of shows like Battlestar Galactica, The West Wing, Band of Brothers, Game of Thrones, The Wire. I never heard of the books it was based on and blasted through 5 of them and some of the novellas during the season. Weaknesses, the actors are mostly unknowns, there are some veterans, and while the opening sequence music is awesome, the soundtrack is not as strong as Battlestar Galactica's soundtrack. However, I think there's good chemistry among the leads. And the actor Cutty from The Wire is a major character.

The Expanse is a damn good story. Good fiction. Watch it. Fair warning, it's dense, does not handhold and you need to pay attention, but it's worth the investment. HD imho is a must and watch it in a dark room as a lot of it is in space.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

The West Wing - The Supremes episode -  life imitates art? Ask Ginsburg to retire, appoint on one young left leaning judge, one young right leaning judge? Or appoint a moderate moderate?

Steve