IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Anyone watching Iron Fist? This mistake is just plain bad.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This week in get off my lawn.  It seems generally Legion is getting a lot of love since all the pieces fell together in the latest episode - enjoying the show, but not finding it that good. The showrunner is getting a lot of love because of his laurels maybe? Iron Fist, didn't even bother, saw some clips, some were truly optimal suckage. All the Netflix Marvel shows, so meh, the whole universe is overrated. 

Amazon's science fiction pilot Oasis was pretty good, dunno if it's going the horror or psycho route, the German cyber thriller You Are Wanted, only watched 30 minutes, looks like a retread, but interesting enough to keep going.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

Been watching Magnum P.I. a lot lately.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

The Leftovers is back, such a great show. 

New episode spoilers:

Spoiler

Steve

What... the... hell... The Leftovers uses music from Perfect Strangers in the opening.

Steve

I found "Into the Badlands" again since season 2 started.   It is what "Iron Fist" should have been.    It isn't for children. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• The Handmaid's Tale
  • American Gods
  • The Leftovers

Now that's a happy lineup.

Steve

I found the premiere of American Gods to be pretty good.  I never liked the book enough to finish it, hopefully this works out better for me.

Anyone watch 13 Reasons Why yet?  The wife and I watched it over the course of last week.  Kind of spins its wheels a lot up until episode ten or so, but the last few were very gripping.

Corey

14 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I found the premiere of American Gods to be pretty good.  I never liked the book enough to finish it, hopefully this works out better for me.

Anyone watch 13 Reasons Why yet?  The wife and I watched it over the course of last week.  Kind of spins its wheels a lot up until episode ten or so, but the last few were very gripping.

Me too, finishing up book now, I stopped halfway. Now I see what it's going for, maybe less a slog to finish it. Didn't think it was as good as the many praises people were singing, maybe my mind might be changed.

Steve

Second episode of Americn Gods is so good. With the Leftovers so looking forward to Sundays.  

Steve

I started watching American Gods too.   Different enough to be good.  Definitely not kid friendly.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I started watching American Gods too.   Different enough to be good.  Definitely not kid friendly.

It's the Starz channel, not The CW. :-)

Steve

I binged my way through Master of None season 2 (after re-watching season 1). I think it's my favorite show on right now. Season 2 really just blew me away. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 2 weeks later...

Man, there is so much good teevee on right now. I love a good story and there are so many. Will catch up on Master of None, but The Leftovers, Handmaid's Tale, American Gods, Twin Peaks, and then Game of Thrones coming, an embarrassment of riches. And I still have not watched one bit of Fargo, Catastrophe, The Americans. Plus there's Veep and Silicon Valley. By the time I get to Better Call Saul, there will be a whole bunch of new shows and seasons airing.

Steve

I don't know why I put it off so long, but I started watching Mr. Robot.  It's good.  Very good.  

And even though I'm not sure what's really going on, the first four episodes of Twin Peaks have my interest.  

Corey

Neither do I (know what's going on), but Twin Peaks is a lot better than I expected. HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Steve