cignatz21

PICKLE RICK. Love Rick and Morty.

Spoiler

tPKKTjY.jpg

Game of Thrones - about that bank.

Spoiler

display_1024.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Latest episode of GOT - "Eastwatch"

Not many episodes could have followed "Spoils of War" and looked even half-way decent...but this was probably my least favorite of the season.  The main reasons are:

1. Jamie and Bronn popping up a half-mile downstream...with Jamie still in his full armor and fake hand was just ridiculous.  Would rather have seen Jamie and Bronn captured and Tyrion pleading for their lives to barter a armistice by giving Jamie back to Cersei or something like that.  There was no way those two were going to die but having them be able to get back to Kings Landing without being captured is bad.  But not nearly as bad as...
  2. Catching a wight or white walker and bringing it to Cersei?  Really?  In the words of Tormund, this is a stupid plan.  Beyond stupid.  I know the show runners are using it as a way to get those guys north of the wall but come on...Jon should have told Tyron to stick it up his dwarf a$$.  And if they do catch one, what the hell are they transporting it back to Kings Landing in?

I think the major problem here is that they are trying to wrap up the show in a limited number of episodes and they really, really have to move the plot and characters along pretty quickly.  I understand but the motivations here are dumb.  My guess is that there is a cliffhanger at the end of this season that leaves Jon in dire straits with Dany coming to his rescue with the dragons.  What else is she to do?  They have Casterly Rock, Highgarden, etc...take a trip north to see the rest of the kingdom and bring your dragons.  Hell, just scoop a few of those wights up with Drogon and drop them on the Red Keep for gods sake Fed Ex style.

I'm betting next week is going to be heart-racing...looks like it that way in the promos.  I'm hoping for lots of flaming swords, Jon killing some more white walkers, Arya and Sansa out scheming Littlefinger and Bran cracking a smile.

A lot to ask...especially of Bran.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

21 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Catching a wight or white walker and bringing it to Cersei?  Really?  In the words of Tormund, this is a stupid plan.  Beyond stupid.  I know the show runners are using it as a way to get those guys north of the wall but come on...Jon should have told Tyron to stick it up his dwarf a$$.  And if they do catch one, what the hell are they transporting it back to Kings Landing in?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

17 hours ago, NCGolfer said:

Latest episode of GOT - "Eastwatch"

Not many episodes could have followed "Spoils of War" and looked even half-way decent...but this was probably my least favorite of the season.  The main reasons are:

1. Jamie and Bronn popping up a half-mile downstream...with Jamie still in his full armor and fake hand was just ridiculous.  Would rather have seen Jamie and Bronn captured and Tyrion pleading for their lives to barter a armistice by giving Jamie back to Cersei or something like that.  There was no way those two were going to die but having them be able to get back to Kings Landing without being captured is bad.  But not nearly as bad as...
  2. Catching a wight or white walker and bringing it to Cersei?  Really?  In the words of Tormund, this is a stupid plan.  Beyond stupid.  I know the show runners are using it as a way to get those guys north of the wall but come on...Jon should have told Tyron to stick it up his dwarf a$$.  And if they do catch one, what the hell are they transporting it back to Kings Landing in?

I think the major problem here is that they are trying to wrap up the show in a limited number of episodes and they really, really have to move the plot and characters along pretty quickly.  I understand but the motivations here are dumb.  My guess is that there is a cliffhanger at the end of this season that leaves Jon in dire straits with Dany coming to his rescue with the dragons.  What else is she to do?  They have Casterly Rock, Highgarden, etc...take a trip north to see the rest of the kingdom and bring your dragons.  Hell, just scoop a few of those wights up with Drogon and drop them on the Red Keep for gods sake Fed Ex style.

I'm betting next week is going to be heart-racing...looks like it that way in the promos.  I'm hoping for lots of flaming swords, Jon killing some more white walkers, Arya and Sansa out scheming Littlefinger and Bran cracking a smile.

A lot to ask...especially of Bran.

Geez man...spoiler tags.  

I've been enjoying the leaked episodes of GOT.  Still paying for HBO, and still not spoiling anything.  

Corey

15 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Geez man...spoiler tags.  

I've been enjoying the leaked episodes of GOT.  Still paying for HBO, and still not spoiling anything.  

What do you mean "spoiler tags"?  Just commenting on existing episode(s) and theorizing on what's next...haven't and never will watch any leaked episodes.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Sorry chief.  I've seen so many people wrecking GOT for those who don't watch the leaks over the past few weeks I tend to get a bit defensive.   Apologies, my bad.  

Corey

I'm a big fan of "Lawn Order".  It examines the relationship between lawn care professionals and the people who hire them.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

The missus and I finished watching Ozark on Netflix the other day.   I was hooked after the first ten minutes of the pilot, and it was pretty decent, although maybe a little far fetched.  

Corey

• 2 weeks later...

The Game of Thrones is on. Holy hell. 

Steve

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The Game of Thrones is on. Holy hell. 

Gonna watch tonight's after I watch Ballers and catch up on work.

Sounds like it was a good one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Gonna watch tonight's after I watch Ballers and catch up on work.

Sounds like it was a good one.

Yeah, I think you're gonna like it. ;-)

Steve

Yeah, the last twenty minutes of GOT were crazy.  So.  Much.  Happening.  

I finally had a chance to do a big binge of the series.  I tried to be caught up by the finale, but I only made to the middle of season five.   My favorite moment in the series has been the end of Hodor, but the fight between Oberyn and the Mountain is a close second.  That battle scene in season six was pretty awesome, too   

Corey

• Administrator

I enjoyed the finale but I wonder what the plan was if they didn't convert a dragon to the blue-eyed version because they were about 6 miles away from the wall with no chance of crossing it unless they got a dragon.

Glad to see Littlefinger get it. Jon the true heir was a long time coming but predictable. Jamie will kill Cersei? Hound kills Mountain? Jon ends up on throne but only he survives? Is that "bittersweet?"

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

I enjoyed the finale but I wonder what the plan was if they didn't convert a dragon to the blue-eyed version because they were about 6 miles away from the wall with no chance of crossing it unless they got a dragon.

Glad to see Littlefinger get it. Jon the true heir was a long time coming but predictable. Jamie will kill Cersei? Hound kills Mountain? Jon ends up on throne but only he survives? Is that "bittersweet?"

I felt that episode 6 and the events that led to Night's King getting a dragon were iffy at best. Some believe he had a plan all along once he found out dragons were back. Others believe they had a plan to walk around the wall once the winter got cold enough for oceans to freeze, but the arrival of dragons gave them a new way to get past the wall. I think episode 6 was very weird and didn't feel it made sense that it was a trap, but episode 7 makes the trap theory seem even more likely. The most annoying part is that the army of the undead started attacking just because Clegane threw a rock at one of them. Had Daenerys showed up a couple minutes later, there would be no reason to land or maybe even engage the undead, possibly making her fly back home and Night's King sitting there without a dragon. They could easily have killed the guys on the rock long before the ice froze again, but they presumably waited for the dragons. Then they coincidentally started attacking so that Daenerys arrived in the nick of time. NK might have had more control than we were led to believe though. If he's a greenseer he could know when Daenerys arrived and would maybe not have let the army kill the suicide squad before she was there.

It's a fantasy story and the writers are now going without the books, so despite the show having been very on point with the details and plots in the earlier seasons, they will take shortcuts to make things work.

I think bittersweet will mean a few or many of the remaining main characters will die. Maybe peace will come, but noone to sit on the throne. Might even smash the entire thing and whatever happens next happens. Monarchs hasn't exactly been a very good way to rule so far, what with all the wars and killings. The White Walkers will most certainly either perish or be sent home for some thousand years, but it's more interesting to see what happens in the world of the living.

As expected, Littlefinger didn't make it to season 8, but I found it to be a bit weird how it ended. They played the Starks vs Littlefinger all season, and then he just died. He didn't have much more to contribute at this point, but given his history and intelligence, I thought he got outsmarted a bit too easily. Maybe he was blinded by love for Sansa and didn't see all the possible angles, but they are sisters after all. Having one sentence the other to death doesn't come easily. Sansa has been played as gullible and irrational through the show, but she's grown this season.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I agree with those who are guessing they wanted an ice dragon and reverse engineered from there. The writing for the Littlefinger plotline was shoddy. The travel times. All the faults, I agree with, but still enjoyed the season, yeah, some of it was dodgy. So we had the big 3 movie LOTR trilogy. Now we have this 7 almost 1,000 pages a book epic tv series that has almost stretched to 10 years. What's next?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

PSA: Do not binge Twin Peaks. 

Steve