IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

• Administrator
On 8/29/2017 at 8:35 AM, Zeph said:

I felt that episode 6 and the events that led to Night's King getting a dragon were iffy at best. Some believe he had a plan all along once he found out dragons were back. Others believe they had a plan to walk around the wall once the winter got cold enough for oceans to freeze, but the arrival of dragons gave them a new way to get past the wall.

There are some who think Bran is the Night King, or others who think the Night King is Azor Ahai. So if the guy is Bran, or something… then they could have planned these kinds of things.

The most annoying part is that the army of the undead started attacking just because Clegane threw a rock at one of them.

That showed them that the water had frozen over enough that they could walk on it. It wasn't about that. He threw the rock that took that guy's head off just before that and they didn't attack because it didn't hit and fail to break the ice.

So I think maybe you're over-thinking that (with what you typed after that)?

It's a fantasy story and the writers are now going without the books, so despite the show having been very on point with the details and plots in the earlier seasons, they will take shortcuts to make things work.

They've been without the books - or doing things differently than the books - for awhile now. Look at Arya, for example.

Or so I've read. I haven't read the books. Just seen what others have commented on.

The White Walkers will most certainly either perish or be sent home for some thousand years, but it's more interesting to see what happens in the world of the living.

Maybe they just take over, and many characters live, but they're under the rule of the White Walkers?

Probably not.

I took "bittersweet" to mean that maybe Dany or John take the throne, but everyone else dies (or almost everyone else).

As expected, Littlefinger didn't make it to season 8, but I found it to be a bit weird how it ended. They played the Starks vs Littlefinger all season, and then he just died.

I thought that was great. There was intrigue, and yet all along they were figuring this stuff out… and it shows Sansa becoming more and more agile at politics, maneuvering, etc.

He didn't have much more to contribute at this point, but given his history and intelligence, I thought he got outsmarted a bit too easily.

He didn't notice Sansa getting smarter, nor did he really know much about Arya. His arrogance at his own games-playing (look at how smug he was when he lead Arya to find the little note Sansa had written) was his downfall. Not the first time hubris caught up to someone.

I liked how that happened. He's ultimately not a major player, more of a background chess piece whisperer, so devoting much time to his demise would be unwise. It was, IMO, more about Sansa/Arya both being smarter AND uniting as Starks to figure something out when he was trying to pit them against one another.

Maybe he was blinded by love for Sansa and didn't see all the possible angles, but they are sisters after all.

In his defense, they were sisters that never really got along. And Sansa had always been easily played, and Arya was kind of unknown to him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They cut a scene that I think would have improved the Littlefinger thread:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-finale-cut-scene-1202541941/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

They cut a scene that I think would have improved the Littlefinger thread:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-finale-cut-scene-1202541941/

It’s clear after Sansa turns the tables on Littlefinger that she has had some sort of conversation with Bran, but we don’t get to see it. When did it take place?
We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, “I need your help,” or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, “Oh, s—.”

I don't know if that was necessary. The question even says, and I agree, "It's clear that she had a conversation with Bran…".

We don't have to be beaten over the head by the actual conversation.

And I think when Sansa lists the many things he's done, it would have carried less weight if they had been mentioned earlier. When she mentions them, even long-time viewers may be reminded of some they'd forgotten about.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

You're the Worst started again last night.

Paging @jamo. :-)

Loved the first half of the finale for Twin Peaks.  Second hour, not so much.  Currently making my way through the third season of Narcos, albeit slowly.

Corey

10 hours ago, iacas said:

You're the Worst started again last night.

Paging @jamo. :-)

Oh man. I knew it was coming soon but not that soon. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm sad Twin Peaks is finished again. Loved the season and look forward to seeing it again.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

20 hours ago, Zeph said:

I'm sad Twin Peaks is finished again. Loved the season and look forward to seeing it again.

My biggest gripe about Twin Peaks was too much Dougie, not enough Agent Cooper.   

And I finished season three of Narcos today.  I wasn't too sure how this season would fare without Escobar, but it quickly gained steam and told a pretty decent story.   

Im kind of at a loss for tv shows to watch now.  Network shows don't do a lot for me, sitcoms I've seen enough of for a lifetime, and superhero shows are getting old quickly.  Good thing hockey starts in a month.  

Corey

7 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

My biggest gripe about Twin Peaks was too much Dougie, not enough Agent Cooper.   

And I finished season three of Narcos today.  I wasn't too sure how this season would fare without Escobar, but it quickly gained steam and told a pretty decent story.   

Im kind of at a loss for tv shows to watch now.  Network shows don't do a lot for me, sitcoms I've seen enough of for a lifetime, and superhero shows are getting old quickly.  Good thing hockey starts in a month.  

Spoilers for Twin Peaks: The Return (season 3) after 18 episodes

Spoiler

Yeah, they dragged out Dougie for pretty long. Once Cooper woke up, the show was nearly over. Every TP fan was sitting there before each episode waiting for him to wake up. I really enjoyed Dougie as a character and the events around him, but I agree that I would have liked to see Cooper earlier. The way it ended, we never got to see Cooper in a relaxed situation, talking to Gordon or someone. He woke up, went to TP, helped defeat Booper and after a few words went away with Diane and Gordon. After they drove 430 miles and ended up somewhere else, he wasn't the original Cooper anymore.

If this is the end of TP, I'm disappointed they dragged out Dougie this much. If they make another season, I'm fine with it.

Sitcoms has become less interesting to me lately. Last I watched was HIMYM and I sometimes watch New Girl. I'm really more interested in something fresh and new. Sitcoms are all about easy jokes and repeating tropes from earlier shows. Twin Peaks was a very good deviation from the norm.

I haven't watched too many shows since season 2 of 24 back in 2003. Not seen Lost, Breaking Bad or any of the series that really gave TV-shows a new beginning. Right now we're watching Fargo and Black Mirror. Fargo season 1 was really good and I look forward to season 2. Black Mirror is a fascinating show with some good and some not so good episodes. I've never cared for superhero stuff and find it really boring.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Zeph said:

Sitcoms has become less interesting to me lately. Last I watched was HIMYM and I sometimes watch New Girl. I'm really more interested in something fresh and new. Sitcoms are all about easy jokes and repeating tropes from earlier shows. Twin Peaks was a very good deviation from the norm.

Those are two of the better ones.

I don't think HIMYM was all that derivative.

I really enjoyed these sitcoms (they're not exactly traditional though):

• Atlanta
  • Fleabag
  • The Good Place
  • Rick and Morty
  • Master of None
  • Catastrophe

Heard that Bojack Horseman, Vice Principals, You're the Worst, Broad City and Nathan for You were good, haven't gotten to them yet. Silicon Valley and Veep have gotten long in the tooth. Also, One Day at a Time, the new one, was very good.

Really looking forward to The Good Place.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

The Good Place was quite good.

Love BBC's Planet Earth. Got a good deal at the secondhand store. 

IMG_3511.JPG

Steve

14 hours ago, nevets88 said:

IMG_3511.JPG

Great series by David "Boaty McBoatface" Attenborough. The new one was really good too!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ken Burn's Vietnam documentary is sobering. All this has happened before and will happen again. And again. And again. We... never... learn...

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/home/

Steve

44 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Ken Burn's Vietnam documentary is sobering. All this has happened before and will happen again. And again. And again. We... never... learn...

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/home/

I've been watching that, too.   It's a very impressive documentary.  

• Administrator

The Good Place season 2 starts in about four minutes! :-)

On 9/17/2017 at 10:11 PM, nevets88 said:

Amazing series! I'll be picking up Planet Earth 2 soon. Unfortunately don't have a 4K TV to watch it on, but that's fine.