cignatz21

Favorite TV Show(s)

1,957 posts / 132584 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

47 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Jack Ryan on Amazon is pretty good so far. I am 4 episodes into the 8 episode first season. 

I was just coming on here to talk about that show. I'm only two episodes in, but I like it very much so far.

Recorded all eight episodes of Miss Sherlock, now, too @nevets88.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finished Miss Sherlock and really enjoyed it, it's been awhile since I binged a show so quickly, done in 2 days. 

On episode 5 of Jack Ryan, enjoying that as well, didn't care for the gratuitous sex scenes and it's more violent than most of the Ryan fare. Wendell Pierce, from Treme and The Wire, Bunkman!, is one of the reasons to watch. I like that they are making Ryan's relationship with Greer antagonistic. And you have these standalone stories in there, like the drone guy, which is mini version of one of the drone movies (Good Kill). I don't have a history with the actor playing Ryan, only watched a couple of episodes of the US version of The Office, but did see the horror movie where they don't talk, A Quiet Place.

I'm in the middle of so many other shows, there's just way too many to keep up with, I guess that's what winter's for.

I just watched the 1st episode of The Purge series that aired last night on USA. And so far so good. It's a 10 part series.

I really liked the first 2 Purge movies. The 3rd movie was not that great. I have yet to see the 4th (prequel). 

I've also been enjoying Jack Ryan. Currently on episode 6, should be finishing it tonight. 

Finished Jack Ryan, overall a good watch. Birdie. I did not think about the show in relation to the movies and then did think about it and wait a second, timeline makes no sense, then realized it, ohhhh, it's a reboot. In the last few episodes, there were some interesting reveals. The ending was kind of abrupt though. I never realized until the closeups, Timothy Hutton kind of looks like Tom Hanks, last I remembered him from was the movie, The Ghostwriter.

I haven't read this whole thread, but if you haven't seen Rectify I highly recommend it.  It is pure drama.  Not much action.  But it is extremely well written and totally engrossing.  It had a 4 season arc that fully wrapped up the story in an extremely satisfying way.

Sundance original available on Netflix.

Just finished Sharp Objects. Really slow through parts of it, but very worth it at the end. I have a feeling it would jump to an eagle or better (from a birdie) upon rewatching. Looking back, there were plenty of hints.

On 9/11/2018 at 7:15 PM, jamo said:

Just finished Sharp Objects. Really slow through parts of it, but very worth it at the end. I have a feeling it would jump to an eagle or better (from a birdie) upon rewatching. Looking back, there were plenty of hints.

I dropped this after the second episode, the sudden jumps annoyed me. I should get back to it and finish it.

Halfway through Hulu's The First, manned mission to Mars tv show.

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

With every episode of Better Call Saul… I find myself asking myself either "When is this actually going to get good?" or "Why are you still watching this?"

I dropped it 2 seasons ago but more because too many other shows and I didn't love Breaking Bad as many other people did.

Started watching Castle Rock. I'm a big fan of Stephen King and shows and movies that are a bit dark, mysterious, unseen forces, you don't know what's going on all the time and everything isn't explained. Not to be confused with superhero movies, which I find really boring. Shows like Twin Peaks, which of course had it's own quirks that made it even more special.

I like the atmosphere, plot and actors so far. Produced by J.J. Abrams, which isn't a bad thing.

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I dropped it 2 seasons ago but more because too many other shows and I didn't love Breaking Bad as many other people did.

I find it hard to watch shows or movies where I can't root for at least one character. If everyone is bad, I don't want to continue. 

I'm 4 episodes in Jack Ryan, like it a lot so far. 

And 3 episodes in Castle Rock, I like that as well.  Cool how they are intertwining a lot of his books into the fictional town.