IGNORED

Can only bring a couple clubs to Maui...W2Bring?

Note: This thread is 4177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't take any if you can only take 4. Just rent some clubs wherever you might play. Just take the other stuff. Balls, shoes, towels, tees, etc., so you don't have to buy them.

Rent while there and possibly buy yourself a new putter there. That would be a nice memento.
You can ship stuff you know, your clubs do not need to be on your plane, FedEx knows the address of your hotel. We who have done trade shows for a living get very comfortable shipping things in parallel with our itinerary.

I wouldn't take the clubs unless I was playing more than three rounds--just rent some

But to answer your question, I'd take a six iron and something around 50-52 degrees.

Thanks folks. I appreciate the input!

I'm sleeping in a tent at the beach so...-- no address to ship to. Renting clubs isn't an option due to added cost and
mainly -- they're rental clubs (and mine are new and fit me well). I am taking shoes, but no balls because of weight issues.

Essentially-- I have a shoestring budget. I found a $308 R/T ticket on Hawaiin air, plus rental car = about $500 bucks.
I'm in the class of the "working poor", and can't afford pay extra -anything- in terms of baggage. I wish I could take my
surfboard, but to bring wil cost $160 extra.

Hope to play waiehu or pukalani (the two most affordable courses on the island) Anyone with experience there?

Take the clubs you have the most confidence in, and are spaced. For me it would be 7w, 7i, SW, P. But I'm sure it's different for you. Also, you might want to think about bringing some sort of golf bag, as some courses require it. I've seen some pretty cheap plastic ones that are really light and collapsible.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Id take my 3 hybrid, 7 iron, pw, and putter. I bet if you dont take your driver you could take an additional club such as a 5 iron.

Old rule of thumb (3-club airline carry-on policy from years back) was Driver, Putter, and Pitching Wedge. Rent everything else. And,

never hit a strange driver during a road game!!!
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!