IGNORED

Confessions of a hacker

Zeph
Note: This thread is 5154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Augh. I did a similar with my 3 wood. Playing 9 at my soon-to-be-former home course, on the second shot at the Par 5 9th I hit a lovely arcing 3w shot directly push-left into the duck pond. Was a lateral hazard, but I wanted to see if I could work the shot out since I wasn't keeping score anyway (One of those early newb rounds where you say 'Screw it' by about hole four.). Popped an identical shot directly into the same duck pond. Giving up on my 3w, I went back to my bag and pulled my usually reliable 22* 5-iron... right into the same duck pond. Wasn't even a BIG duck pond, I think the green was actually a bigger target.

I did mine with a 9i tho

28.0 for men in the UK!

While the hcp index you can use has a cap, it's still worthwhile to monitor your uncapped hcp index. For people like me (low 40s) it's the only way to watch for changes.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

- I'm consistently inconsistent.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

This looks fun, I wanna play

I can't play golf.......well, it sorta looks like golf, some days
I hit 90% of my shots fat.....fat, thin, left, right, flubbed, all available at any time
I hit the ground with my driver when swinging.....actually, my miss is a top that rolls about 45 yards and then sits in deep rough
I hit my PW 110 yards......I got 125, but I can pull it 20 yards, LOL
I can hit my driver 240 yards.....300 yards 1 hole, 45 the next, 200 the next, and repeat
I hit my 7i 150 yards....hit mine anyhwere from 150 on a high cut to 190 on a low draw, crazy club
I finish on my toes and fall forward.....sometimes
I chunk when chipping.....especially with a trap right in front of me
I shoot in the 90s.....shoot 80 one day, 100 the next
I have fun when playing, but want to quit after most rounds.....cheer up, it's just a game, and yes I like to think of quitting too
I swing too long, too hard, too fast.....definitely, and sometimes too short, too quick, or too slow
I've once broken 90 A few times....best 80 I ever shot was with a quad on the last hole, sunk a 12 footer for an 8, LOL
I think I know more about the swing than I really do.....actually, I realize I am a swing idiot, and I just trust it
I've gotten rid of my slice, only to exchange it for a hook.....similar, went from a fade to a draw, that sometimes goes ducky style
I lack most swing fundamentals.....yep, Johnny Miller would tear up my swing
I try to hit the ball......most of the time, althought sometimes it would be better if I missed it altogether
I lose balls all the time.....yep, played a few $40 equipment rounds myself
I'm not a good short game player, or putter, it just seems so because my long game stinks.....all parts of my game can disappear at any time

Ooh ooh I wanna play too, pick me pick me! Lol great thread, heres my deal.
  • I can't play golf - I certaintly cant
  • I hit 90% of my shots fat - Thin for me, its my demon
  • I hit the ground with my driver when swinging - I dont really do that with my driver, more like pulling it left all the time
  • I hit my PW 110 yards - 125-130 for me
  • I can hit my driver 240 yards, but usually 190 and sky-high - My driver is so inconsistent as far as yardages, I can hit 300 if I get really lucky, 200, 250, 225, who the hell knows anymore :(
  • I hit my 7i 150 yards - Thats about the same for me, maybe a touch more
  • I finish on my toes and fall forward - Like the other post or two ago if I am losing balance anywhere its going to be towards the target
  • I chunk when chipping - Yea, yea, :( yea
  • I shoot in the 90s - Yup, hopefully this season coming up brings some sub 90 rounds
  • I have fun when playing, but want to quit after most rounds or practices - I might say right after a poor shot, but I love this game I cant quit its much too fun to play, and to play with great people like friends and family
  • I swing too long, too hard, too fast - Yea, yea, :( yea
  • I've once broken 90 - Me too!
  • I think I know more about the swing than I really do - I think I know my swing pretty well, at least I think I do, but there is so much wrong with it its hard to work on all of it
  • I've gotten rid of my slice, only to exchange it for a hook - I exchange my slice for a nice pull that happens half the time, 10% thin, 30% straight, and 10% slice
  • I lack most swing fundamentals - Probably the same for me :(
  • I try to hit the ball - I try to crush the ball, maybe I should stop doing that
  • I lose balls all the time - I lose a ton of balls, to my defense sometimes people pick up my ball, and sometimes a good honest shot gets lost, Matthew gets angry when that happens
  • I'm not a good short game player, or putter, it just seems so because my long game stinks - No mine just stinks! :) Hopefully I made some progress in the house with putting

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

I once swung so hard that I spun out from underneath my hat in the process of a complete whiff.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Lol nice, one time I swung so hard I spun a 360 on my left foot (I was just screwing around on the range one time, not on the course).

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

The only way I can survive is by playing "Zen Golf"............

if I hook a shot into the water and there's no one there to hear it, is it still a one shot penalty?

Augh. I did a similar with my 3 wood. Playing 9 at my soon-to-be-former home course, on the second shot at the Par 5 9th I hit a lovely arcing 3w shot directly push-left into the duck pond. Was a lateral hazard, but I wanted to see if I could work the shot out since I wasn't keeping score anyway (One of those early newb rounds where you say 'Screw it' by about hole four.). Popped an identical shot directly into the same duck pond. Giving up on my 3w, I went back to my bag and pulled my usually reliable 22* 5-iron... right into the same duck pond. Wasn't even a BIG duck pond, I think the green was actually a bigger target.

I was laughing so hard when I read this - I could picture it clear as day. There's a little cow pasture 9-hole course Southwest of Edmonton that has trees, ponds/creeks and OB on every hole. When I was just getting started, I lost well over a dozen balls there more than once - on nine holes!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You say 150 yard 7i like it is a bad thing.

good thread.

But take heart,

In the words of Bobby Jones, "One would think if he hit the same shot a certain way a thousand times, he could do it at will, but such is certainly not the case."

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I once swung so hard that I spun out from underneath my hat in the process of a complete whiff.

A few years ago, my handicap was in the 28.0 range and I was playing in a tournament where I got paired with guys who had handicaps ranging from 2.4 to 9.8 so I was by FAR the worst player in the group. Luckily, playing with better players seemed to calm me down and I was doing okay. Got to a fairly long par 4 (about 425 or so) and I was last to tee off on this hole. The other three guys all put their tee shots in the fairway and left about 150-175 to the green. I knew, even if I'd CRUSHED the ball, I probably would have had over 200 yards left (I was using a set of Northwestern clubs I'd received as a gift a few years earlier because I wasn't able to afford 'real' clubs at that point).

I teed the ball up high and decided to try and crank one. There was a marsh that needed to be carried directly in front of me (the carry was about 180 yards). My first swing... I put it right into the reeds. So, I teed it up again instead of dropping one at the edge of the tee box. I swung as hard as I could... and just before my downswing, I don't know WHY, but I closed my eyes. I whiffed completely and litereally spun 180 degrees. Never felt so embarrassed in my life. I managed to barely clear the marsh on my next swing and didn't say a word to the guys I played with for the rest of the round. Since then, I've swung hard at a tee ball MAYBE 10 times. The majority of them hook horribly into oblivion... the others will slice away and leave me looking stupid. I've learned that a controlled swing will ALWAYS result in a better shot for me... even if I THINK swinging out of my shoes will put the ball way out there. CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't play golf: Me too =)
I hit 90% of my shots fat: I cant tell the diff lol
I hit the ground with my driver when swinging: This happens often... Im already 3-4 swings trying to get off the tee box
I hit my PW 110 yards: Mine is around 100
I can hit my driver 240 yards, but usually 190 and sky-high: mine is about 190 (or less if I slice badly)
I hit my 7i 150 yards: im not sure how far i hit this maybe alittle over 100. I hit my 3 hybrid alittle over 150 my pw is around 100, everything else is in between.
I finish on my toes and fall forward: I fall towards the ball
I shoot in the 90s: I HIT IN THE 90s on 9 holes LOL
I have fun when playing, but want to quit after most rounds or practices: I still love to play

I can't play golf - but play well enough a few times per round to make me think I can play golf
I hit 90% of my shots fat - just my driver occassionally (seems to appear randomly after about 5-6 fairways hit)
I hit the ground with my driver when swinging - See above. The earth often catches my fury prematurely when I begin to feel confident.
I hit my PW 110 yards - 135 here
I can hit my driver 240 yards, but usually 190 and sky-high - 285 here. I make a good 'd' player on a best ball squad
I hit my 7i 150 yards - same here
I finish on my toes and fall forward - only if I am really trying to kill one
I chunk when chipping - Normally its thin for me
I shoot in the 90s - Normally in the upper 80's
I have fun when playing, but want to quit after most rounds or practices - I have lowered my bar really really far to avoid this
I swing too long, too hard, too fast - Only if its a logo ball of a former employer...
I've once broken 90 - I've once broken 80
I think I know more about the swing than I really do - I know nothing about my swing other then what the result tells me
I've gotten rid of my slice, only to exchange it for a hook - been there over and over
I lack most swing fundamentals - only to the trained eye
I try to hit the ball - Great Success!! (think Borat)
I lose balls all the time - only on courses that have hazards
I'm not a good short game player, or putter, it just seems so because my long game stinks - If the game were only tee and green, I could be a world beater!

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

Confessions of a hacker
•I can't play golf - I can play golf, but no one would mistake what I play for the thing that you see on TV.
•I hit 90% of my shots fat I'm down to 50%!
•I hit the ground with my driver when swinging Been there, done that. I've grounded my driver so badly that I hurt my wrist and screwed up the next 3 holes.
•I hit my PW 110 yards After I could an extra 10 yards last year, me too!
•I can hit my driver 240 yards, but usually 190 and sky-high I can hit my driver 260 on my best day, but I'm far more likely to hit a 190 weak-sauce hook or a 120 yard wormburner.
•I hit my 7i 150 yards I hit my 6 iron 155 yards, and that's after I added some distance last year
•I finish on my toes and fall forward I wish I was consistent enough to be able to comment on how I finish.
•I chunk when chipping See above; I hit every miss possiblefrom chipping range
•I shoot in the 90s I shoot in the 100s more than I do the 90s.
•I have fun when playing, but want to quit after most rounds or practices I can get pretty upset at any time, but all I need is one good shot to keep me coming back.
•I swing too long, too hard, too fast Yup.
•I've once broken 90 I wish!
•I think I know more about the swing than I really do I know enough to think that I know what I don't know, but I really know that I don't know anything helpful.
•I've gotten rid of my slice, only to exchange it for a hook Started hooking, still hooking.
•I lack most swing fundamentals I lack all swing fundimentals, unless you count the fact that I'm holding a club when I start.
•I try to hit the ball Try as in hope I don't miss? Yup.
•I lose balls all the time I'm as likely to lose 6 balls in a round as I am to go 18 on the same ball
•I'm not a good short game player, or putter, it just seems so because my long game stinks When I was horrible, I used to have a "good" driving or putting day here and there. Now I think I am exactly average for my handicap in all areas: straight D+ .

All that being said, I can't wait to go out and do it all over again when the snow melts.

Note: This thread is 5154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!