IGNORED

Golf's Five Sacred Rules

bong_crosby
Note: This thread is 5169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if you think im picking up a bit of chewed chewing gum u are having a laugh

Heh, yeah I'll give you a pass on cleaning up gum and tobacco plugs.

I was thinking about cans, wrappers, or golf ball boxes with that part...
Zeg: it depends on how far you throw it. At a certain club near you, if it ends up in the Bowl you've gone too far ....

No, I don't really throw clubs any more, actually, I've got it down to just dropping it at the end of my follow through, and even that is pretty rare. And I can't afford to play close enough to the Bowl to put it in range anyway...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

out here in Texas, Jeans are absolutely ok to wear except on some of the nicest courses. After all, when you are working with cattle or hunting deer or quail and want to play golf after, sometimes you don't have time to change clothes.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I guess I totally agree that there SHOULD be a dress code at a course. Well, I should say MOST courses. Cheap nine hole goat tracks can be exempt.

I think it personally looks tacky as heck seeing someone wearing jeans on a golf course. I'm a believer in dressing how you want to play. You look sharp, you play sharp. (In theory) If I had to either play golf in jeans or not play at all for some reason. I wouldn't play.

Some will disagree, and that's fine. Just my .02.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I like to dress up for a golf outing ( collar shirt). I usually

/ rolls eyes, shakes head

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I normally wear black trousers and a nike polo shirt is that ok and my golf shoes

hahaha..... sounds fine to me.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I am am inland lake sailor. Sailing is thought of as as a posh past time with ascots and white slacks with blue blazers. Any real sailor knows boat shoes have bottom paint on them, cargo shorts have holes in the pockets from carrying around tools, Shirts are optional and hats are sweat stained weapons against cancer. I often go to a course near my lake wearing my sailing clothes and am dressed better than a lot of the golfers. If I go to a course from home I am in Izod or Norman/Shark slacks and "Polo" shirts, (Alligator or Penguin logo preferred), my shoes are spotless... but I am still in my Tilley sailing hat! Damn you Sol.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Oh, wanted to add a quick 6th rule....

yeah, i get paired with strangers all the time and it totally skeeves me out when i see them lech all over the cart girls. my #1 rule is - keep up with the group in front and fix your pitch mark. one rule cos they are equally important.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a believer in dressing how you want to play. You look sharp, you play sharp. (In theory)

Sorry, man, but that's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I got paired with a college age kid last summer and he was in shorts, sneakers, threadbare T-shirt, and a push cart. By his looks, I expected a bogey golfer. I think he ended up shooting four under or something like that. Same course, different day, a guy and girl catch up to us in their cart. They're decked to the nines in the latest golf fashion and they'd like to play through on a short par 3. Nice swing, but the guy pull hooks his tee shot into the haz and doesn't do anything spectacular with his second shot. He probably ended up with a five or six. I'm not saying you can't enjoy dressing for the sport. Hell, even I like to put on my fancy schmancy Dockers pants and Ashworth shirt when I go to the big city, but I definitely don't believe they'll make me play any better. Just my two cents.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

the jeans rule is dumb. I find jeans much warmer than slacks or khakis in the fall and spring. I see no reason not to where them then. In the summer its up to your own comfort. I find they arent very comfortable in the heat.

Not changing shoes in the parking lot is dumb. Unless you are a member at a CC most places dont have locker rooms and even if they did would you pay for a lock or something and keep your shoes in there? Or do you walk in, change shoes, then walk back to the car to put them back. Repeat at the end of the round.

The jeans thing is just ugh though. Seriously, people who say no jeans dont live in the northern states obviously.

I play in Wisconsin ... in an area where most players are blue collar guys that bleed Green & Gold and are more likely to eat their Wheaties soaked in beer rather than milk (even though this is The Dairy State). Jeans on the course are the norm, except in summer - then it's cargo or athletic shorts. Hats are worn indoors and out - even during dinner. I'm sure there are High-end courses where a dress code is more in vogue, but not on the public courses most of us play around here.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Sorry, man, but that's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You took me the wrong way. I never intended to say that if someone looks like crap, then that means their a bad golfer, or if someone is dressed well, then that means they're a good golfer. No, that's not at all what I meant.

I was just talking about how I think people should dress at a respectable golf course. I just feel better and more comfortable playing in nice attire. Like I said, dress sharp, and (hopefully) play sharp. That's MY GOAL. Not the rule. But, not everyone agrees, and many other golfers don't really care what they're wearing, and that's fine. Whatever works for you.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

You took me the wrong way. I never intended to say that if someone looks like crap, then that means their a bad golfer, or if someone is dressed well, then that means they're a good golfer. No, that's not at all what I meant.

Im with you on this, I dont necessarily look down on people wearing jeans on courses, especially if the course is just a goat trail. But I am certaintly not looking up to them, whats the harm in looking good with slacks and a polo? I honestly think I play better when I look good compared to if I am just clothed in street clothes.

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

My rules:
1. Be Cool...always
2. Dont violate rule #1
3. If by chance rule #1 is violated, know that it is cool to forget about it and move on.
4. Be cool to thy fellow golfer (fix ball marks, tend flag, help out of a bunker, be positive, watch your shadow, you get the idea...)
5. If a guy wants to wear jeans, text someone, sling F bombs around like Tiger...who cares...cool guys dont worry about stuff like that.

Just remember WWTAIIID (What Would Tommy Armour III Do?)

-Beane

Note: This thread is 5169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!