IGNORED

Haney Project: Romano

kfowler
Note: This thread is 5062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll say this, Ray is thinking way to much and Hank did address that. He told Ray simply do what he asked and let him worry about all the other stuff! Ray does seem to complicate things a bit but I think most are like that who've been playing as long as him with a problematic swing!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i agree also that the show is forcing some comedy and so on. But I still enjoy the show and watch it each week. Its tough for them to make a show of all just teaching because it gets real repetitive. Anyways... now my rant...

Why cant the golf channel come up with a show....ANY SHOW to fill some airtime rather than the ab pro or these horrible commercial shows.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

Why cant the golf channel come up with a show....ANY SHOW to fill some airtime rather than the ab pro or these horrible commercial shows.

'cos they pay the bills I suppose.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I've been enjoying the show a lot, especially because Ray and I (as well as my playing partners) are on similar paths in terms of ability and goals. I've already learned to get much better posture and out to in swing just from watching the show. The comedy, eh, I enjoy it and my wife really likes the show (she loved the Barkley one as well) so that's a plus!

I want to see a Haney Project with a player trying to make it onto the Nationwide or something. Let's see what Haney is REALLY made of.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

• Administrator
I want to see a Haney Project with a player trying to make it onto the Nationwide or something. Let's see what Haney is REALLY made of.

Unfortunately I think this show demonstrates what Haney's "really made of." He can't even help Ray Romano or Charles Barkley get better... that's telling to me. I said it before and I'll say it again: this show could likely do more to damage Hank's reputation than help it. Among those paying attention it should...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Unfortunately I think this show demonstrates what Haney's "really made of." He can't even help Ray Romano or Charles Barkley get better... that's telling to me. I said it before and I'll say it again: this show could likely do more to damage Hank's reputation than help it. Among those paying attention it should...

Well, that's why I made the comment. I think he is a great coach for an already accomplished player. I don't think he has the time for the "break 80" crowd, such as myself. I mean, really, what does he do with Tiger? Probably just reinforces certain aspects of Tiger's swing, right? It's the same as asking Peyton Manning's QB coach to make a pro out of someone like Alex Smith.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I wonder how much actual time they spend together throughout taping the show?

I expected better of Haney this time. I really couldn't blame him for Barkley, I dont think anyone can actually 'fix' that.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

. I mean, really, what does he do with Tiger? Probably just reinforces certain aspects of Tiger's swing, right?

id think he is really just another set of eyes for tiger...who knows his swing. so he knows what tweaks he can make or catch when he developing some bad habit.

The problem I've seen with Hank is. Instead of working with what Ray already has by tweaking it for better ball striking he's trying to change his whole swing. A guy like Ray and many of us out there just don't have the time to invest in learning a new swing. Even with Pro's who change their swing in a major way it still takes most of them many months to get it to work consistently for them. Padrig comes to mind on that. He's just now starting to see some returns for his efforts. My .02 anyway.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

The problem so far between Ray and Hank seems to have been Ray resisting what Hank has been trying to get him to do. It seems like this week Ray finally started to listen. Of course, the thing about any of these reality shows is that the 23 minutes or so that gets into the program is probably less than 5% of what has actually been taped.

The problem so far between Ray and Hank seems to have been Ray resisting what Hank has been trying to get him to do. It seems like this week Ray finally started to listen. Of course, the thing about any of these reality shows is that the 23 minutes or so that gets into the program is probably less than 5% of what has actually been taped.

Yeah.....Ray does seem to be pretty damn hard headed. Real or acting....who knows.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I'm noticing a trend in Haney's approach to the golf swing. With both Barkley and Romano, Haney is depicted at focusing intensely on swing path (as he does in his books). Romano hangs back with his body and legs significantly during the golf swing. Even with a great swing path, Romano would still strike the ball poorly. I'd like to see Haney work more on torso/hip/leg movements.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

One thing I can thank the Haney show for is exposure to the series "Men of a Certain Age".

I've been watching this ever since hearing about it and am hooked. I've got 2 episodes on my DVR that I will watch early tomorrow morning with a pot of java before meeting some buddies over at Applewood Golf Course...nice little country course.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

The problem I've seen with Hank is. Instead of working with what Ray already has by tweaking it for better ball striking he's trying to change his whole swing. A guy like Ray and many of us out there just don't have the time to invest in learning a new swing. Even with Pro's who change their swing in a major way it still takes most of them many months to get it to work consistently for them. Padrig comes to mind on that. He's just now starting to see some returns for his efforts. My .02 anyway.

That swing is the think that makes Hank...Hank. All his instructors at the facility in Lewisville and I assume everywhere teach the exact same thing. It screwed me up terribly and killed my back. And that was in just one hour.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Is it a very common swing flaw that people start way too inside and end up coming over the top in a "loop" like Haney was saying about Ray. Then Ray tried to reverse it by coming up steep and going back down slightly shallower.

Feel bad for Ray (father's passing). Show is supposed to resume in late May. I think the hiatus will put Ray back to square one. OR it could make him focus on one or two of the new swing thoughts (instead of 10). We'll see in six weeks.

I worked with my cousin over the weekend. He had a good swing plane, and all i did was get him to get to his front foot through tbe backswing, he was striping the ball 270+ down the middle. Its amazing what you can do with a proper weight shift. I had the same issue, good swing plane, bad weight shift. I suffered from hooking the ball, my hands rotated through. I got my weight shift right, i am launching the ball down the middle.

If hank only concerns himself with swing plane, then he isn't that impressive of a teacher.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I worked with my cousin over the weekend. He had a good swing plane, and all i did was get him to get to his front foot through tbe backswing, he was striping the ball 270+ down the middle. Its amazing what you can do with a proper weight shift. I had the same issue, good swing plane, bad weight shift. I suffered from hooking the ball, my hands rotated through. I got my weight shift right, i am launching the ball down the middle.

I guess its not that he's trying to just work on swing plane, but it might be the first of a few

major things he wants to work on. Ray is already having enough problems thinking too much about swing plane, imagine if Hank threw out the idea of also concentrating on weight shift. I think ray might just fall over after every swing or just give up hahahaha

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Note: This thread is 5062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!