IGNORED

Golfing & Cigars

Colinb913
Note: This thread is 4719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I enjoy cigars, and I do tend to smoke them on the course, but I have to admit I never smoke something I really want to enjoy on the course.  I can't pay enough attention to it.  And really, it tends to affect my concentration on my game as well.  Need to pick up one of the cigar holders I saw recently that has a clip.  One of my buddies had one and it worked really well.  Gives a perfect place to leave the cigar while taking your shot.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I don't consider myself a smoker, but I've smoke a few cigars over the years and used to smoke a pipe (for a couple years in the late 80's).

I could be in the minority here, but a good cigar (could be a Colt, a Captain Black or a Cohiba - it's personal preference) and a flask of single malt shared with friends goes well with the smell of leaves turning colour (they do have a distinct odour) in the fall. It reminds me of the last few rounds of the season, the World Series, the start of hockey season. Aaah - good times.

+100 on the Single Malt. Scotch and Fall Golf are just meant to be together. 18 drams in a bottle, 18 holes on a course. If fall didn't signal the end of the golf season it would be by far my favorite time of year to play.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Enjoyed your comments Sean. I don't smoke anymore but I miss cigars as much as you guys who smoke enjoy yours. And please, if we ever play together, light one up. At least now I can enjoy the aroma of a good cigar.

Quote:
I think its the last place on the planet where you can light up and enjoy your smoke.

So true, there are few better places to enjoy a cigar. I just received a box a San Cristobals.

As long as they dont put them in the Cup and then stuff it down with the flagstick who cares where they throw it.

One time I had to blow my lid on the league that played at my course on thursday nights, they werent members or residents of the course they just purchased the rights to hold their league there once a week.

Long story short these guys pushed me over the edge, they would all put their smoked Butts and Cigars in the cups and then stuff em down with the flagstick. The rest who didnt smoke would spit their chew all over the greens, and the ones who didnt smoke or do dip/chew were the worst. They would spit sunflower seeds wherever they would fall including covering the greens in the little freaking shells.

The residents who played early friday mornings would always complain about it, and cleaning sunflower seeds off the greens was worse then shoveling goose poop off of them. So the greenscrew consulted the Pro and then waited for them in the proshop for an hour and had a few beers on the next thursday and reemed into these guys and the pro threatend to cut them off. They quickly cleaned up there act... Ahh good times.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

• 1 month later...

The golf course is just about the only place where I can enjoy a cigar.  I don't smoke indoors as, well, I don't know if anyplace where smoking indoors is even allowed anymore.  I could walk outside and smoke in the yard of my apartment, but then I'd just be standing there smoking a cigar, and that gets pretty boring after about 5 minutes.  The golf course is just a perfect fit.  It's like one giant cigar lounge with excellent ventilation (but horrible waterproofing).

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

i do the same. . .i only smoke when i'm riding a cart which isn't very often. . .but while hitting i'll either hang it off the cart floor with the ash hanging off the side or set it somewhere by my ball . . . never as a swing aid. . .(yet!) if i ash, i step it into the ground, and i put it out using the cartpath, give it some water and throw it in a can or bottle and put it in the trash

In my Titleist Stand Bag

Driver:      Cleveland Launcher DST 9.5*

5 Wood:   Taylor Made Burner 17.5*

Irons:       Taylor Made Burner 09 4-PW, AW                    

Wedges:  2 Cleveland CG14's -- 56* & 60*

Putter:      Odyssey White Hot XG Sabertooth  ball: TP Black LDP

Originally Posted by airic31

i do the same. . .i only smoke when i'm riding a cart which isn't very often. . .but while hitting i'll either hang it off the cart floor with the ash hanging off the side or set it somewhere by my ball . . . never as a swing aid. . .(yet!) if i ash, i step it into the ground, and i put it out using the cartpath, give it some water and throw it in a can or bottle and put it in the trash

I was at a local golf shop and saw a cigar clip in the accessory section.  Upon closer inspection, I discovered it was nothing more than a big plastic clothes pin with a woman's hair clip attached.  So I snagged a larger binder clip from work, one of my wife's hair clips, and a tube of super glue.  In less than 5 minutes I had an awesome cigar clip!  My golfing buddy saw me use it during a round and was pretty jealous.  That evening I made one for him too.  It's extremely simple to fashion some sort of clip to keep your cigar out of the dirt.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

I usually walk so I dont smoke cigars while walking. But my schools athletic department put on a golf tourny and on the 18th my group lit up some cigars as we were 12 under for the scramble and thought we pretty much had it in the bag. Wasnt to many good golfers there, turns out a 2 some beat us they took two shots each which is pretty cheap but they were platinum sponsors so I guess they can do whatever they want.

Note: This thread is 4719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!