IGNORED

Golf Resume. What's Yours?

parplease
Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Height: 5'10"

Where are you from: Ohio

How Long have you been Playing: 35 years

Best Score: 65

Favorite club in the bag: Driver

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Hogan's 5 Fundamentals.

Where do you play: All over!

Best courses you've played so far: Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, Streamsong (both), various TPC courses.

Things you enjoy most about golf: No cell phones. Peace and quiet. Cold Beer afterwards.

Goals for 2017: Try to play more often.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height: 6'1"

Where are you from: CT 

How long have you been playing: 5-6 years

Best Score: 78 

Favorite club in the bag: Ping G15 4-wood

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Lowest Score Wins...only one I've read

Where do you play:  CT & MA - Cedar Knob GC, Blackledge CC, Juniper Hill, Wentworth Hills, and the occasional TPC Boston

Best courses you've played so far: The International (Bolton, MA), TPC Boston, Pinehills (Plymouth, MA)

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Like most of us, love the camaraderie and flushed iron shots.  However, what I truly enjoy most is the car ride to the course as the sun is starting to come up on a Saturday morning.  Combining the anticipation & excitement with that serene time of day, work in the rear view for a few hours/days...can't beat it.

Goals for 2017: Improve my swing mechanics to develop a more repeatable/consistent motion that decreases my current reliance on compensations.

• Upvote 1

- Bill

• 2 years later...

Height: 5'10”

Where are you from: North Jersey

How long have you been playing: 20 years (10 seriously)

Best Score: Low 90s

Favorite club in the bag: 4i

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: N/A

Where do you play:  NJ & NY - Bergen County municipal courses, Blue Hill GC

Best courses you've played so far: NJ - Scotland Run, Seaview, Knickerbocker; Ireland - Ballybunion, Waterford, Tralee 

Things you enjoy most about golf:  The walk. The satisfaction of a good shot. Being in nature. The challenge. Being able to do it with friends and family of all ages.

Goals for 2019: Break 90

Edited by ThreePutt

Height:  5,11

Where are you from -Central Otago, New Zealand  

How long have you been playing:  10+ years , with more intent the last 6 years on and off

Best score:  77 on 117 slope par 72 course

Favorite club in the bag:  changes game to game but 60 deg wedge currently

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  My game and yours-AP  - Game Golf

Where do you play:  Cromwell GC

Best courses you've played so far: Jacks point Queenstown

Things you enjoy most about golf:  the challenge  the exercise the social aspect .. competition  

Goals for 2019:  Routinely break 80

Go Foxy Go

Height: 5'10”

Where are you from: Wisconsin, now Goodyear, AZ

How long have you been playing: Started 1966, took 20 years off starting mid 90s, back last 2 years

Best Score: 84

Favorite club in the bag: 6i, 5h and putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: LSW

Where do you play:  Wigwam, CC, Palm Valley

Best courses you've played so far: All Torey Pines courses

Things you enjoy most about golf:  The game, and even practice, brings a calm to me. No longer competitive so all is for true recreation.

Goals for 2019: Remain consistent in my clubs, try to break 90 more often, perhaps improve speeds/

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Height: 5'6”

Where are you from: Iowa

How long have you been playing: 6 Yrs

Favorite club in the bag: Wedge

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you:

Where do you play:  Legend Trail, Parkersburg IA / there are over 30 courses within 50 miles I play 1-2x yr

Best courses you've played so far: Beaver Hills Country Club, IA

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Social aspect.  Meeting people.  The challenge of putting that little white ball into a gopher hole with a crooked stick.

Goals for 2019: Break 80

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Height: 6'

How long have I been playing: 5 yrs as a teen; since 2011

Best score: 86

Favorite club: 6 iron

Golf books/DVDs that have helped me: LSW, Youtube swing videos of Bobby Jones.

Where do I play? Various public courses in the Seattle/Tacoma area

Best course I've played: Some course around Lake Tahoe back in the 1970s.

Things I enjoy about golf: quiet, sunshine, breeze in the trees, challenge.

Goals for 2019: Get out and play more than I did in 2018.

• Thumbs Up 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Age 72

Height 5'10"

Hdcp. 7

Years played 60

Northeast Ohio

Best score 63  I have shot my age dozens of times starting at 68 

Fav club all of them

Best Club ever played Sciota or Canterbury or Firestone

Best thing about golf is beating par anywhere and any tee

• Thumbs Up 1

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

Height: 6' 5" (you read that correctly)

Handicap: 5.9 (trending 5.3)

Best score: 70 (twice) Even Par at Montpelier Elks in 2007 and (-2) this past Sunday

Favorite Club: 8-iron (it was my first club and can hit just about any shot with it)

Golf Books/DVDs: Lowest Score Wins and AJ's The Truth About Golf

Where I Play: Newman Municipal Golf Course here in Ithaca.

Best Course I've Played: Tie between Conklin Players Club and Bristol Harbour Golf Links

Things I like about golf: The serenity, the challenge, and the difficulty.

Goals for 2019: Get my index down in the 4.x range. Probably going to be there relatively soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• iacas changed the title to Golf Resume. What's Yours?

Height: 6'1"

Where are you from: Covington LA

How Long have you been Playing: 10 years off and on...more regular the past 4 years 

Favorite club in the bag: 6i and 3W

Golf Books   Short lesson book on Plumb Bobbing and putting by a guy named OnePuttLarry

Where do you play: SE Louisiana and South Mississippi

Best courses you've played so far: Innisbrook, Golden Bear, Trent Jones Course in Auburn AL

Things you enjoy most about golf: It is outside, just play and don't sweat the small things (bad shot/missed putt)

Goals for 2K10: I set a goal at the beginning of the year to break 90 more than once....I did it 3 rounds in a row and then have been stuck at 90-92 since...But I am getting close to another sub 90 round, I can feel it...

Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!