IGNORED

Golf Resume. What's Yours?

parplease
Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Height: 6'3

Where are you from: Poconos, PA but currently live in Hackettstown, NJ

How Long have you been Playing: 20 years

Best Score: 73

Favorite club in the bag: Putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golf: the mental game, Phil Mickelson's secrets of the short game

Where do you play: Poconos, PA, Myrtle Beach, North/Central NJ, or wherever theres a good deal on golfnow.com

Best courses you've played so far: Baltusrol, Innisbrook, TPC Scottsdale, TPC Jasna Polana, TPC Sawgrass, TPC Myrtle Beach, Bethpage Black

Things you enjoy most about golf: The game itself, the people i get to meet playing a round or two (or talking to on here), and the history

Goals for 2K10: Get to scratch with hard work, lessons (for the first time), and place in a qualifying tourney on the nature valley tour.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Height: 5'11"

Where are you from:  N/E  PA

How Long have you been Playing: 14 months

Best Score: 90

Favorite club in the bag: 4 iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you:  The S&T; book

Where do you play: Glenbrook in Stroudsburg.   And wherever theres a good deal on golfnow.com within an hour driving radius (Berkshire Valley, NJ & Pocono Farms are my fave's)

Best courses you've played so far:   Wolf Creek, Mesquite, NV & Rio Secco, LV, NV.

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Only sport I can do anymore with my ragged out back & even golf takes a toll.

Goals for 2012:   Hit proper divots with wedges more consistently.   Minimize the fat iron shots.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height: 6'1

Where are you from: Cochrane, Alberta

How Long have you been Playing: 3 years

Best Score: 78

Favorite club in the bag: 5 Iron, but it changes monthly.

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Stack and Tilt helped my iron game but really hurt my driver.

Where do you play: All over the Calgary area

Best courses you've played so far: TPC Scottsdale, Coeur d' Alene resort course.

Things you enjoy most about golf: Friendly competetion amongst friends, social aspect, how you compete against yourself more than anyone else.

Goals for 2K12: Get to a single digit handicap, improve my driving accuracy, get rid out my in to out swing and break 80 5 times.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

Originally Posted by Roblar

Senility has obviously set in.

Actual age:  40.

Apparently my brain hasn't got the message yet.  :)  (My body sure has - hello aches and pains.)

Height: 5 ft. 9

Where are you from: Toronto

How Long have you been playing: since i can remember, but have had a membership for 9 years and played lots since

Favourite club in the bag: 3 wood

Golf Books/ DVD's: Golf Digest if that counts,  always exicted to see it in the mailbox

Where do you play: Meadowbrook (stoufvile, 20 min from Toronto), Ottawa for school golf, and Florida every reading week

Best Courses: Grand Cypress (FL), Taboo (ON), Angus Glen (ON), Whistle Bear (ON), Cutten Club (ON), Cataraqui (ON), Banff Springs (AB), Stewart Creek (AB).....but i have lots more to come!

Things you enjoy most about golf: The competition with myself, constantly trying to better myself, taking those risky shots 220 into protected pins or par 5's over water.  Having competition and beers with the boys is the best part of golf by far though, nothing beats a 2 on 2 match play on a beautiful sunny day..

Goals for 2011: Consistency within my drives, improve my mental game, dont become discouraged about bad shots, instead think about getting up and down for par.  And to win my club championship most importantly, ive had the lead after the first round these last 2 years, and shitty second rounds cost me both tournaments

Tiger90

Height: 6'2"

Where are you from:  The banks of the tranquil and aromatic Wabash River.

How Long have you been Playing: Since Oct. 10, 2011

Best Score: 75

Favorite club in the bag: Nancy, my Nike T40 23* 9-wood.

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you:  The Golf Instruction Manual

Where do you play: Fore Seasons Golf Complex, Mark's Par 3, Rea Park.

Best courses you've played so far: Wickenburg Country Club

Things you enjoy most about golf: I don't need any of my flakebag friends to play it.

Goals for 2012: Consistent contact, enter the city championship and be competitive.

Where are you from:  Funky Town, TX.

How Long have you been Playing: Since September 2010

Best Score: 85

Favorite club in the bag: 8i.

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you:  Your 15th Club

Where do you play: The Resort.

Best courses you've played so far: Colonial

Things you enjoy most about golf: Not being at home.

Goals for 2012: Short Game - Short Game - Short Game and Short Game.

Height: 5'6"

I'm from Sugar Land, Texas

I've been playing for 48 years with a 10 year break that ended this past April

Best Score:  78 at PGA West par 72, 72 on a Par 68 Woodruff in Joliet IL

I play at public courses in the Houston area (we have some good ones)

Best Courses I've Played:  Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, Mauna Kea, Mauna Lani, PGA West (Palmer and Stadium), Doral, Torrey Pines, Harding Park, Troon North, Grayhawk, Desert Willow, La Costa, Mission Hills, Horseshoe Bay, TPC the Woodlands, and lots more (too many to name).

What I enjoy most about golf is hitting a shot exactly as I visualized it, especially in a pressure situation.  I'm not that good but I really don't have problems with nerves on the course so I like to apply pressure to others when I can.

Goals for 2012 include continued improvement over 2011, a more consistent iron game, and improved putting.  I miss too many from 3-6 feet.

Originally Posted by wildebeest

Height: 6'2"

Where are you from:  The banks of the tranquil and aromatic Wabash River.

How Long have you been Playing: Since Oct. 10, 2011

Best Score: 75

Favorite club in the bag: Nancy, my Nike T40 23* 9-wood.

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you:  The Golf Instruction Manual

Where do you play: Fore Seasons Golf Complex, Mark's Par 3, Rea Park.

Best courses you've played so far: Wickenburg Country Club

Things you enjoy most about golf: I don't need any of my flakebag friends to play it.

Goals for 2012: Consistent contact, enter the city championship and be competitive.

Shot a 75 after playing 2 months - dayum - your future is so bright, you'll have to wear shades man !

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Height: 6'0"

Where are you from: New Jersey

How long have you been playing: Two years, but really only one year since I missed 2009 with injuries

Best Score: 88

Favorite Club in the Bag: I really do like all of them.

Golf Books/DVDs that have helped you: Five Lessons got me a foot in the door but honestly the Sandtrap.com has really given me the clearest mental picture as to what has to happen in the golf swing in order to be successful long term.

Where do you play: Monmouth County Park System

Best Course You've Played So Far: Orange County National in Orlando, Florida.

Things You Enjoy Most About Golf: Executing a shot exactly as I planned it.

Goals for 2K10: Hmm, tough question. The obvious answer is to lower my handicap as much as possible. A more specific answer is to build a repeating swing that is fundamentally correct from setup to finish. As far as the short game goes, I'm going to re-read Stan Utley's Art of the Short Game, get out and practice his teachings, and then hopefully turning it all into muscle memory.

How Long Have You Been Playing: Four years, but really only three, or like two and a half, since injuries have seriously derailed me too many times. So far, I've dealt with a season long back injury in 2009 (pre-stack and tilt days), two wrist injuries, an intercostal injury, an elbow injury, and very sore knees.

Best Score: 82

Favorite Club in the Bag: right now, the seven-iron and the 5-wood.

Golf Books/DVDs that have helped you: The Stack and Tilt Swing; The Sandtrap.com

Things You Enjoy Most About Golf: Playing well

Goals for 2K12: Single Digit Handicap

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Height: 6'4

Where are you from: Born in South Africa to British parents. I've lived in 7 different countries with the last 27yrs in Texas. Not leaving Texas.

How Long have you been Playing: 20 years

Best Score: 77, but haven't broken 79 in ten years (can't play or practice as much as I used to)

Favorite club in the bag: Hybrid 4 iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Hogan's 5 Fundamentals, Stan Utley's Secrets of the Short Game, Stack and Tilt Book and DVDs, watching Hogan on youtube.
Where do you play: mostly in the Dallas area, but next round will be in Austin.

Best courses you've played so far: Jagorawi Golf and Country Club, Indonesia; Colonial CC, Ft. Worth; Shephard's Hollow, Michigan

Things you enjoy most about golf: Having fun with friends, getting away from the city

Goals for 2K10: short game, beating my college buddies (they played highschool golf for 1990 Texas class 4a state championship golf team)

[quote name="inthehole" url="/t/33228/golf-resume-whats-yours/126#post_666959"]

Shot a 75 after playing 2 months - dayum - your future is so bright, you'll have to wear shades man !

[/quote] 9 holes maybe? :-\

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Height: 576"

I'm originally from Frankfort, KY...but have lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1987

I've been playing for 53 years (1999 & 200 no play since I shattered my left wrist - now steel plate w/13 screws)

Hole-in-One August 3, 1985 #9 @ Pine Ridge Country Club in Winnfield, LA.

Best Score:  75 at Pebble Creek par 71, in Tampa, FL on July 6th 2010.

Currently, I play at  recently redesigned and reopened Quail Hollow Golf Club in Wesley Chapel, FL.  I help run the weekly game on Saturdays.....Modified Stableford points

Best Courses I've Played:  TPC Tampa Bay, Lake Jovita, Saddlebrook.

What I enjoy most about golf is that  I learned from my Grandfather, whom I caddied for when I was young)....everyday on the golf course brings me memories of him. (Tom Moss, 1895-1973). I am very passionate about the game.

Goals for 2012 include continued improvement over 2011, I have been taking lessons from GolfTec.....and they are working. Best Hcap was in 1987 10 Hcap.....in 2010, I got to a 13 for 6 weeks.....then bounced to 21.....am currently at 17, but working to get to 10.

I love this game!

Age: 46 Height: 6'2" Best score: 79-18 holes and 38 twice for 9 Where are you from: Cincinnati, Ohio (Rossmoyne) How Long have you been Playing: Started playing a few times a year back in 1988, but only started playing 20+ rounds per year back in 2006 Best Score: 79-18 holes & 38 twice for 9 Favorite club in the bag: Driver, I have several, but 2 favorites: GEEK DotComThis 10.5* Aldila VS Proto & Adams 4G UL 10* Harrison Saga Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: None, although I subscribe to Golf Digest & Golf Magazine Where do you play: Southwest Ohio area mostly Best courses you've played so far: The Fort Golf Club- Indianapolis, Kenwood Country Club, Beckett Ridge Country Club, The Vineyard, The Grizzly Things you enjoy most about golf: Serenity and escape from the perils of everyday life, being with friends and meeting new people. Goals for 2012: Play more and be more consistent

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Height: 6'8"

Best score: 83 -18 holes and 38 on 9

Where are you from: Atlanta GA

How long have you been playing: Started playing in mid 90's (few times a year) joined a club this year and played 30-40 times

Favorite club in the bag: Callaway x20 Approach Wedge

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Extraordinary Golf by Shoemaker and currently reading Dave Pelz Short Game Bible

Where do you play: Brookstone CC

Best courses you've played so far: about half of the RTJ Trail, St Marlo CC - Johns Creek GA, The Fort - Indianapolis

Things you enjoy most about golf: Escape of life... and getting in tune with nature and enjoying the surroundings

Goals for 2012: Get more consistent and improve putting

Where are you from: San Francisco, CA

How Long have you been Playing: Since September 2005

Best Score: 79 two times - Monarch Bay Golf Links & Poplar Creek GC

Favorite club in the bag: Nike VR Pro 8 iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Fearless Golf, The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing, Ben Hogan's Five Lessons

Where do you play: Anywhere in the Bay Area

Best courses you've played so far: Harding Park, Half Moon Bay Golf Links, Crow Canyon Country Club, Wente Vineyards, Stonetree Golf Club

Things you enjoy most about golf: The challenge and the continual process of improvement. Getting away from home.

Goals for 2012: Get my body healthy and fit to play golf more. Improve my short game. Improve my ball striking and consistency of my irons (get a higher trajectory for a more "drop-and-stop" action around the green).

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Height: 5'10''

Where are you from: Canton, OH

How Long have you been Playing: Next season will be my 4th season. I started playing in May of 2009.

Best Score: 80(Carroll Meadows Golf Course)

Favorite club in the bag: 8 Iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Never seen or read any, lol

Where do you play: NE Ohio-The Fairways at Arrowhead, Seven Hills CC

Best courses you've played so far: Little Mountain CC

Things you enjoy most about golf: Everything about it!

Goals for 2012: Play alot of new courses with some of the Ohioans on G-WRX and Break 80. My others are listed in the Goals Thread.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!