IGNORED

Golf Resume. What's Yours?

parplease
Note: This thread is 1800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Height: 5'10

Where are you from: Alameda, CA

How Long have you been Playing: 8 years

Best Score: 76

Favorite club in the bag: Driver (not my best, but my favorite)

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golf is not a game of perfect, Golf My Way
Where do you play: Greater East Bay Area, NorCal
Best courses you've played so far: Pebble, Spyglass, Half Moon Bay, Pasatiempo, Mauna Kea, Waialae.

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Fresh Air, exercise, quiet, friendship, challenge.

Goals for 2K12: Hit the driver straighter, putt better, practice irons more.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Originally Posted by inthehole

Shot a 75 after playing 2 months - dayum - your future is so bright, you'll have to wear shades man !

Originally Posted by LBlack14

9 holes maybe?

It wasn't as glamorous as it sounds, but it was a full 18. I guess that's what makes all the other 90-95 shot rounds so frustrating.

Height: 6'6

Where are you from: Akron, OH

How Long have you been Playing: 19 years

Best Score: 68

Favorite club in the bag: Driver, 4 Iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Phil Mickelson's Secrets of the Short Game

Where do you play: Northeast Ohio

Best courses you've played so far: TPC Tampa Bay, Beechmont CC (Former host of Cleveland Open), Hermitage GC (TN) - President's Reserve & General's Retreat courses, Gaylord Springs (TN),

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Competition

Goals for 2K12: Be more consistent putting inside 10 feet, win a tournament

Driver:  R9 Supertri 10.5* -  909D3 9.5*

2 Hybrid:  2009 TP Rescue 17*

Irons:  R9 TP 3-PW

Wedges:  Vokey 54* & 60*

Putter:  2Ball Vline 34"

Originally Posted by LongballPro

Height: 6'6

Where are you from: Akron, OH

How Long have you been Playing: 19 years

Best Score: 68

Favorite club in the bag: Driver, 4 Iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Phil Mickelson's Secrets of the Short Game

Where do you play: Northeast Ohio

Best courses you've played so far: TPC Tampa Bay, Beechmont CC (Former host of Cleveland Open), Hermitage GC (TN) - President's Reserve & General's Retreat courses, Gaylord Springs (TN),

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Competition

Goals for 2K12: Be more consistent putting inside 10 feet, win a tournament

Hey I'm from Akron originally. Used to play the hell out of Good Park, Sleepy Hollow, Windmill Lakes. Was on the Cuyahoga Falls HS golf team in the mid-70's. Six-six? Damn, you must pump it out there!

Originally Posted by LBlack14

9 holes maybe?

Hahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 1 year later...

Height: 6' 2"

Where are you from: Southeast Texas

How Long have you been Playing: 10 years, but have only started trying in the past year having dropped 27 strokes.

Best Score: 99 as per USGA rules or 81 scoring as most folks that I've played with(CHEATERS! LOL)

Favorite club in the bag: TaylorMade sand wedge

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: haven't used any, yet

Where do you play: southeast texas, southwest louisiana, & once in Houston

Best courses you've played so far: Grey Plantation in Lake Charles, La; Lake Buena Vista in Disney World

Things you enjoy most about golf: Meeting new people. Enjoying nature. The challenge.

Goals for 2013: Improve overall ball striking, and break 90.

taylormade.gif 2009 Burner 10.5 driver w/ stock shaft

taylormade.gif R7 irons store shelf stock w/ Rocketballz 55 SW

taylormade.gif Rescue 23 degree

taylormade.gif #3 FW 2009 Burner

ping.gif Putter

Height: 6' 0"

Where are you from: San Antonio, via Louisiana

How Long have you been Playing: 20 years

Best Score: 64 (-8)

Favorite club in the bag: Scotty Cameron TeI3 Santa Fe

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Harvey Penick's Little Red Book (must read for all golfers)

Where do you play: several courses in the San Antonio area

Best courses you've played so far: TPC San Antonio, TPC Southwind, Mid Ocean Club (Bermuda)

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outside, getting away from work

Goals for 2013: Play more than I did in 2012

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Age: 27 Height: 5'9" Where are you from: Cape May, NJ How Long have you been Playing: 14 years Best Score: 72 (+1) Favorite club in the bag: 3 or 7 iron Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Tiger Woods "How I Play Golf" (only one I've really read) Where do you play: several courses in Cape May County Best courses you've played so far: Atlantic City Country Club, Falcons Fire (Orlando) Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outside, Competition, Spending time with family/friends Goals for 2013: Play more tournaments.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Height: 5'-11"

Where are you from: Westchester, NY, Currently reside in New York, NY

How Long have you been playing: 15 years total, 3 years seriously

Best Score: 87

Favorite Club: 7 Iron

Golf Books/DVDs that have helped you: Zen Golf by Joseph Parent

Where do you play: Publics around NYC and Long Island Primarily Pelham/Split Rock, Bethpage, Islands End Golf Club.

Best Courses Played: Bethpage Red, Long Island National,

Things you enjoy most about golf: Challenging Myself, Spending time outdoors

Goals for 2013: Break 90 Consistently, Bring handicap below 15.

Height: 6'5"

Where are you from:  Lewiston, Maine

How long have you been playing:  15 years in all, 5 years seriously.

Best score: 77 (Par 72)

Favorite club: 52° Cleveland 588 forged wedge

Golf books/DVD's that have helped you: Golf Digest

Where do you play: Member Fairlawn CC in Poland, ME-- also play Spring Meadows, Fox Ridge, Poland Spring, The Meadows, and others on occasion.

Best courses played: Sunday River, Sugarloaf.

Things you enjoy most about golf: Competition, good-natured trash talk, the feeling of a well-struck iron or teeball.

Goals for 2013: Handicap down to 8 or lower, shoot par for 18 (I've done it a couple of times for 9 with a bad opposite 9), understand my swing better through video analysis.

Updated from the first post a couple of years ago.

Height : 6'2"

Where are you from : Colorado (but now residing in the Bahamas)

How long have you been playing : Since 1964, but more or less serious since 1976

Best Score : 73 (par 72, 69.4/120, in 1989)

Favorite Club in the Bag : Putter, 51° wedge

Golf Books/DVDs that have helped you : Jack Nicklaus' "Golf My Way"

Where do you play : Foothills Golf Course (home course), and mostly other courses in Colorado

Best Course You've Played So Far : Most scenic - Arrowhead Golf Course in Roxborough Park CO; Favorite - Pole Creek in Winter Park CO

Things You Enjoy Most About Golf : Playing decently and enjoying a day out with my friends

Goals for 2K13 : Just to play when I go back to Colorado this summer on vacation.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height: 6'

Where are you from: IN

How Long have you been Playing: 2 years

Best Score: 78

Favorite club in the bag: 2 hybrid (so much distance, way more accurate than 3w!)

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Yoga for golf, and the internet has taught me more thhan any book

Where do you play: Everywhere in indiana I can afford

Best courses you've played so far: Crooked Stick in Indy (yes, where the BMW Championship was played last year. Maybe the greatest golf day ever in my life)

Things you enjoy most about golf: having one thing to focus on, love, hate, help me clear my head. Golf is a great sport for a solitary person like myself.

Goals for 2012: Get a job in the golf industry, and work towards my goal of a pga pro teacher.

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Re: Golf Resume. What's yours? Age: 47 Height: 6' Where are you from: Mqncherster, England How Long have you been Playing: 10 years on and off ( overseas operational tours get in the way) Best Score: 74 Favorite club in the bag: Scotty Cameron putter Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: N/A Where do you play: Home course - Army GC Hampshire, England. Best courses you've played so far: Treviso Bay, The Berkshire, West Hill, Worplesdon, Chart Hills, Southerndown ( Bridgend) Celtic Manor, too many others to mention Things you enjoy most about golf: Football (soccer), cricket, beer and the Army!!! Goals for 2013! Get a new job, get down to 4!!

Height: 6' 4"

Where are you from:  Raleigh, NC

How Long have you been Playing: 2 months

Best Score: 65 on a Par 3.  104 on a full course

Favorite club in the bag: 6 iron or PW (PING K15's with graphite shaft)

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: This forum has been helpful... no books read.
Where do you play: River Ridge, River Wood, Eagle Ridge, Raleigh Golf Assc.,  Knight's Play, Wendell C.C. etc...
Best courses you've played so far: River Wood

Things you enjoy most about golf: Meeting new people, Improving my game, Doing something outdoors

Goals for 2K13:  Shoot in the low 90's consistently, Eagle something, Meet and play with some of you fine people.

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

• 2 months later...
Update: Age: 36 Height: 6' 2" Where are you from: Southeast Texas How Long have you been Playing: 10 years, but have only started trying in the past year having dropped 27 strokes. Best Score: 97 as per USGA rules Favorite club in the bag: TaylorMade RBZ sand wedge Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: haven't used any, yet Where do you play: southeast texas, southwest louisiana, Houston area Best courses you've played so far: Grey Plantation in Lake Charles, La; Lake Buena Vista in Disney World, The National golf course, Westlake, La; Rayburn Country, Brookeland, Tx; Eagle Pointe, Mont Belvieu, Tx; Things you enjoy most about golf: Meeting new people. Enjoying nature. The challenge. Goals for 2013: Improve overall ball striking, and break 90.

taylormade.gif 2009 Burner 10.5 driver w/ stock shaft

taylormade.gif R7 irons store shelf stock w/ Rocketballz 55 SW

taylormade.gif Rescue 23 degree

taylormade.gif #3 FW 2009 Burner

ping.gif Putter

Height:  5'11"

Where are your from:  Kalispell, MT

How long have you been playing:  3 years seriously, but off and on for the past 30 years.

Best score:  89

Favorite club in the bag:  5 iron

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  Zen Golf

Where do you play:  MT, ID, WA, AB, and BC.

Best courses you've played so far:  Prince Course, Kuaui; Tetherow, OR; Couer d'Alene Resort, ID;  Circling Raven, ID;  Wilderness Club, MT;  Banff, AB

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Being outdoors, having a good time with friends, and trying to outsmart a little white ball!!

Goals for 2013:  Improve my overall game and try to break 90 on a more consistent basis; travel and play more courses; have fun!!

Height: 5' 7

Where are you from: Wales, UK

How Long have you been Playing: 12 Years

Best Score: 64

Favorite club in the bag: PW

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: None.

Where do you play: South Wales, sometimes Midlands of England

Best courses you've played so far: Celtic Manor after the ryder cup was played, and also several in Dubai

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being up with the birds on a warm morning, striking it pure, having a beer afterwards.

Goals for 2K13: Break the course record at my second course, get to +Figures, give some of the minor tours a shot end of this year.

Note: This thread is 1800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!