IGNORED

Golf Resume. What's Yours?

parplease
Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Height:  5'10"

Where are your from:  Aladdin, WY

How long have you been playing:  3 years

Best score:  89

Favorite club in the bag:  7 Iron

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  Ben Hogan's book, Tom Watson's "Lessons of a Lifetime"

Where do you play:  SD, WY, CO

Best courses you've played so far:  TPC-Scottsdale, Gold Canyon in Scottsdale, Powderhorn in Sheridan, WY

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Being outdoors, trash talking with other players and believing your next shot could be your best one ever.

Goals for 2013:  Break 90 on a more consistent basis and get my kids interested in this intriguing game.

Cart Bag   910 D2 Driver 10.5*, F10 Hybrid 19*, AP2 712 Irons 3-W  56* and 60*

Custom Shop Junk Yard Dog - Laguna 2

Age: 57 Height: 6'1" Where are your from: North Alabama How long have you been playing: 9 years Best score: 65 on an easy par 70 course. 68 on a par 72 course (course rating 68). 76 on a "legitimate course" (course rating 75.1). Favorite club in the bag: Tie between a 3 wood, 5 wood, and 3 iron. If my other clubs were that easy I might be a golfer. Ha ha! Golf books/DVDs that have helped you: None but I pick up things to try from U-Tube videos of Jack Nicklaus later in his career and Steve Stricker now. (And no I can't swing like either one of them). Where do you play: Mostly small courses in Alabama and public courses in Chattanooga. Best courses you've played so far: No "best" but favorite (and at times the hardest) Soldiers Creek near Foley, AL. Things you enjoy most about golf: Spending time with my son doing something we both love to do. Goals for 2013: To see if there is any way to learn to keep my head down without my scores going up. (Going to be a chore).

Height: 6'

Where are your from:  Knoxville, TN

How long have you been playing:  9 months

Best score:  86

Favorite club in the bag:  Putter

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  5 Simple Keys/SnT

Where do you play:  So far I have only played in Tennessee.

Best courses you've played so far:  Williams Creek Golf Course/The Wee Course

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outdoors, being competitive, and meeting new people.

Goals for 2013:  Break 90 more often and start teaching my 5 year old to play.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height:  6'2"

Where are your from:  Currently Madison WI, from Cary NC

How long have you been playing:  4 years

Favorite club in the bag:  Mizuno 4 Iron

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  None

Where do you play:  WI, MS, NC

Best courses you've played so far:  Dogwood Hills in Grenada MS, Big Fish in WI, University Ridges in WI

Things you enjoy most about golf: The constant ability for improvement, and a quiet near empty course in the middle of the week playing by myself

Goals for 2013:  play more consistently

If you like those course try Makefield Highland in Yardley PA .The course is good shape ,great holes ,good pace of play and cheap ..This from a Jersey golfer from Ocean County that goes there frequently

Height:  5'6''

Where are your from:  Lancaster, PA

How long have you been playing:  16 years

Best score:  81

Favorite club in the bag:  Burner 5 wood

Where do you play: South-Central PA

Best courses you've played so far:  Lancaster Country Club-Lancaster PA, Mount Pleasant-Baltimore MD, Myrtlewood-Myrtle Beach SC, Bent Creek Country Club-Lititz PA

Things you enjoy most about golf: A quiet course where I can drink beer, smoke cigarettes and talk to myself...oh yeah and striping a drive on very rare occasion 300 yds down the middle

Goals for 2013:  Break 80

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by SloverUT

Height: 6'

Where are your from:  Knoxville, TN

How long have you been playing:  9 months

Favorite club in the bag:  Putter

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  5 Simple Keys/SnT

Where do you play:  So far I have only played in Tennessee.

Best courses you've played so far:  Williams Creek Golf Course/The Wee Course

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outdoors, being competitive, and meeting new people.

Goals for 2013:  Break 90 more often and start teaching my 5 year old to play.

Do you know anything about Holston Hills Country Club? My son is going to play there in May and I am supposed to caddy. Looks like a lot of deep bunkers from the pictures.

Height:  6'4"

Where are your from:  Roxboro, NC

How long have you been playing:  5 years

Best score:  67

Favorite club in the bag:  That Taylormade Tp Burner baby!

Where do you play: Roxboro Country Club, Halifax Country Club, Lakewinds Golf Course

Best courses you've played so far: Chapel Hill Country Club (actually got to talk to Roy Williams for a little while)

Things you enjoy most about golf: Driving the golf ball 300+ yards consistently, executing a shot in a round that you spent a long time on the range working on

Goals this year: Shoot under 65, my swing is better than its ever been now i just need to my touch back with the wedges and putter

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Height: 5-11

Where are you from: IN

How Long have you been Playing: 35yrs on and off

Best Score: 75

Favorite club in the bag: 7i

Where do you play: Purdue University, a variety of other destinations and any good local deals I might find

Best courses you've played so far:  Champion Hills(NC), Paa-Ko(NM), Golden Bear(MS), Purdue Kampen(IN)

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Walking 18 in 110* heat and being the only one on the course

Goals:  Keep it fun and don't turn it into a job

Height:  5'10"

Where are your from:  Gainesville, FL

How long have you been playing:  owned my first set as a teenager, but only played seriously in the last 2 years

Best score:  85

Favorite club in the bag:  9 Iron

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  Ben Hogan's book, Zen Golf

Where do you play:  FL and anywhere I go

Best courses you've played so far:  World Woods Pine Barrens, Juliette Falls

Things you enjoy most about golf:  the passion, the challenge, doing something difficult better than most

Goals for 2013: Break 80, on any course, at least once.  Get HCP under 12

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

height: 5'11"

where are you from: south texas Corpus Christi (the oven) Born in and resided till i was 20,  Bellaire Ohio

how long have you played: going on my 2nd yr

best score: 96* (i think)

favorite club: taylor made raynor "rescue" go to club

books DVD's: self taught, sandtrap.com, pointers from players on the course

where do you play: any where (here we have several courses) san antonio tx

best courses: Edgewood tahoe nev, Bandit New Braunfels Tx. The Quarry S.A. La Cantara, The hill country Resort both S.A

Things you enjoy about golf: being outdoors with freinds, strangers who you get paired with, this will be strange to some "stress relief"

goals: not to let the game get inside my head, continue to enjoy the game, get this f*&$ing short game down........aaaauuuurgh

Height: 5'10"

Where are your from: Waynesboro, VA

How long have you been playing: 40+ years - on and off while my kids were young but more seriously now

Best score: 74 (+2) for 18/ 34 (-2) for 9

Favorite club in the bag: 3 Wood

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you: 5 Simple Keys/SnT

Where do you play: Split my time between Ohio and Virginia - so golf in both.

Best courses you've played so far: Old Course at Ballybunion;

Things you enjoy most about golf: Comraderie and the challenge inherent in golf

Goals for 2013: 10 rounds in the '70's.

Where are your from: Harrisburg, PA

How long have you been playing: 8 years

Best score: 81

Favorite club in the bag: 8 iron, 3 Wood, and the trusty rusty foot wedge :-)

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you: Zen Golf, Golf isn't a Game of Perfect, Encyclopedia Texarkana (online PDF)

Where do you play: Carlisle, PA area, Harrisburg, some Reading courses, and wherever else I can.

Best courses you've played so far: Ledgerock GC (Mohton, PA), Aronomink GC (Newtown Square, PA), The Wanderers Club (Wellington, FL), Iron Valley GC (Lebanon, PA)

Things you enjoy most about golf: the chase towards a form of perfection; the sight, sound, and feeling of a perfectly struck ball, the challenge of escaping a horrible shot; knowing that I could be in a much worse spot in the world than on the teebox of a golf course.

Goals for 2013: Consistently shoot in the low 80's; shoot at least one round in the 70's (18 holes); shoot at least 9 holes (at once) under 40; hopefully gain a greater understanding of the game

Height: 5'9"

Where are your from: Minneapolis, MN

How long have you been playing : 20 years casually, and the last 2 seriously.

Best score: 73

Favorite club in the bag : 8 iron, because I can move it easily.

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you: Utley AOP & AOSG

Where do you play: Milwaukee, Wi

Best courses you've played so far: Ocononmowoc Golf Club(D.Ross, Oconomowoc, WI), Rush Creek(Maple Grove, MN)

Things you enjoy most about golf: Walking the course, the sound of a well struck shot, and learning and sharing in the knowledge of the game.

Goals for 2013: To drop a stroke or two on my HC and to not embarrass myself at the WI State Am Qualifier.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Age: 16 Height: 5' 7' Where are you from: Cleveland, Ohio How Long have you been Playing: 8 years Best Score: 70 (-2) course was 6700 yards tho. Favorite club in the bag: Nike method putter Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: none Where do you play: anywhere cheap or free Best courses you've played so far: Various country clubs and Firestone (where the WGC Bridgestone is played) Things you enjoy most about golf: Competing Goals for 2013: make the state tournament in Columbus

Height:  5'9"

Where are your from:  Los Angeles, CA

How long have you been playing:  Learned to play at 12, didn't touch a club between high school and April 2012.

Best score:  89

Favorite club in the bag:  8i for consistency, 5i when I flush it.

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  Ben Hogan's book is great, but I don't know if it improved my game.

Where do you play: Brookside G.C., Angeles National G.C., Harding and Wilson

Best courses you've played so far: Kapalua (Bay Course), The Prince

Things you enjoy most about golf: A perfectly flushed 6i 190 to within 5', side bets with buddies, drinking after a round.

Goals this year: Groove a proper release through the ball, break 80.

Height:  5-'7"

Where are your from:  Originally from Rhode Island, been living in Texas since 2007

How long have you been playing:  20 years off & on (mostly off, played nearly every weekend in the early-mid '90's, then took a 10+ year break, just restarted last year).

Best score:  85

Favorite club in the bag:  Whatever I'm hitting well that particular day

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  None really.....I did have a Tom Kite computer CD-Rom back in the early 90's that helped a little.  Took some lessons at Edwin Watts about 2 years ago that also helped a little.

Where do you play:  Willow Springs in Haslet, TX.  Iron Horse in North Richland Hills, TX.  Used to play at Pine Valley, Hidden Hollow & Meadowbrook in Rehoboth, MA all the time when I lived up that way.

Best courses you've played so far:  Tour 18, Dallas was very cool.....but I like pretty much everywhere I play.

Things you enjoy most about golf:  Spending time outdoors with my son/golfing buddies.

Goals this year:  Shoot in the 80's/90's consistently and never go over 100 again

• 2 weeks later...

Where are your from:  Wilmington, DE

How long have you been playing: 3 years (seriously, played before but just on occasion)

Best score:  78

Favorite club in the bag:  PW

Golf books/DVDs that have helped you:  haven't read any books or watched any dvds about golf or golf swing dynamics

Where do you play:  Northern Delaware mostly

Best courses you've played so far:  White Clay Creek CC, Hartefeld National

Things you enjoy most about golf: Being outdoors, golfing alone and with friends, the competition to improve my game.

Goals for 2013:  Shot in the high 70's more than 3 times this year.

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!