IGNORED

Golf Nightmares?

12_Over
Note: This thread is 3793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a bizarre topic but I wanted to see if any other addicts have had actual nightmares about a golf scenario.

Mine have a common theme of me needing to hit an impossible golf shot indoors.
Example: My most recent one involved me trying to hit a drive on a par 5 from a loveseat infront of Ben Crenshaw. It took me forever to tee up the ball in the cushion of the chair and when I did, I couldn't even take a stance because of the awkard "lie".

Am I the only one this occurs to?
In my Hoofer:

G15 Driver 9° | Accra Classic SE stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 3W 15° | Accra Classic SE stiff
MP-57 3-PW | Rifle flighted shafts 6.0 Spin Milled 52-08 |Black Nickel | True Temper Dynamic Gold Spin Milled 56-08 |Black Nickel | True Temper Dynamic Gold Black Series I#9 putter Pro V1x

Downhill/sidehill lie with a forced carry. I want nothing to do with that shot.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I have goofy dreams quite often, but I can't say I've EVER had a nightmare about golf.

Just last night I had a dream about a former co-worker. The girl was to die for! My dream was about her and I hooking up.

I like those dreams.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I have always had golf dreams, even when I took 10 years off from playing. I wouldn't call them nightmares, but frequently there are trees and streams involved. Figures I'd suck at golf in my dreams too...

Can't recall ever having any dreams about golf, and certainly no nightmares. My golf nightmares all happen on the course in real life.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have goofy dreams quite often, but I can't say I've EVER had a nightmare about golf.

Agreed.

Anyways, yeah I have had some weird dreams every now and then. My dreams are more like a giant acid trip, but I would hit the golf ball into someone's face, and their face would bend around the ball and light would shine really brightly, and the environment would go dark and red, and I'd have to watch myself hit the same shot over and over with a backdrop of almost a hell type environment. Not to mention the carnival soundtrack. Now THAT is a nightmare. I think I have pretty strange dreams.

I don't know if I would call them nightmares but I would say I've had 3 or 4 dreams now where I tee it up on the first hole and things keep happening to prevent me from hitting. Whether it be a broken tee, or no tee's (I remember one when I tried to tee it up with the pencil because I was out of tee's and couldn't get it to stay!) People standing too close so I can't make my swing, ect.

I Find myself getting super frustrated! but I'm never 'scared'

Haha.

ive had dreams of haveing to sink puttss to win a major or playing at bethpage and having to get it out of the fescue and others of course with hard trouble shots which would be a nightmare for most but i excel in
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

It took me forever to tee up the ball in the cushion of the chair and when I did, I couldn't even take a stance because of the awkard "lie".

MIne are quite similar.

It's getting dark. People atre waiting. I can't find a spot where I have a backswing. etc. etc. Can't tee it up anywhere.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

This is a bizarre topic but I wanted to see if any other addicts have had actual nightmares about a golf scenario.

MIne are quite similar.

This is crazy. I thought I was the only one to have these....guess not.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

Similar to another mentioned, I'm on #1 in a tournament and cant find a good place to tee the ball up, something bothering my backswing, sidehill lies etc. The other is there is a tournament being played and a bunch of people I know are playing and I'm not. When those show up I wake up pissed.

LOL! I've had dreams similar to this, I have to keep reteeing my golf ball and when I finally get it teed up I can't take a swing because I'm backed up against a door or tree or somesuch... It's crazy... Glad to know I'm not the only golf nut out there with crazy dreams / nightmares.

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

• 3 years later...

Mine have a common theme of me needing to hit an impossible golf shot indoors.

Example: My most recent one involved me trying to hit a drive on a par 5 from a loveseat infront of Ben Crenshaw. It took me forever to tee up the ball in the cushion of the chair and when I did, I couldn't even take a stance because of the awkard "lie".

Am I the only one this occurs to?

Just had one :doh:

I was teeing off a 150 yard par 3 with an 8 iron and ended up hitting one of the tee box tee distance markers shaped like a golf ball (I was sure I was addressing the ball, but remember this is a golf nightmare).

Anyway, I took the club and tee box marker to the local Golfsmith, and asked if re-shafting was under warranty from Ping. I also asked if the tee box marker could be repaired before the course noticed it, they said yes.

What was funny is that they said that Ping would cover the club under warranty, because this happens all the time. Is that a great dream or what? :-$

I suspect the next one I have will be something like a losing game of "zombie head" golfing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't know if I would call them nightmares but I would say I've had 3 or 4 dreams now where I tee it up on the first hole and things keep happening to prevent me from hitting. Whether it be a broken tee, or no tee's (I remember one when I tried to tee it up with the pencil because I was out of tee's and couldn't get it to stay!) People standing too close so I can't make my swing, ect.

I Find myself getting super frustrated! but I'm never 'scared'

Haha.

MIne are quite similar.

It's getting dark. People atre waiting. I can't find a spot where I have a backswing. etc. etc. Can't tee it up anywhere.

This is crazy. I thought I was the only one to have these....guess not.

TIme to write a book on dreams. All of my golf dreams are like this. I'm starting to play, but either can't tee it up, the lie keeps changing, I can't swing, something is in the way, all of a sudden I'm in the trees, a young golf groupie babe jumps my bones (actually that's another dream), anything to keep me from hitting the ball.

In my dreams all of my golf shots are absolutely perfect.

Funny thing is that in my dreams I am always around 25 or 30 years old and still physically the athlete I was then (and I didn't even play golf back then).

I have had dreams where I have to hit an impossible shot -- like off a table through a window or something like that.  I have also had dreams where I can't get comfortable addressing the ball for some reason, and I just keep fidgeting and fidgeting and trying to set up.  I very seldom have a "normal" dream where I strike the ball on a course.

I've never had a "good" dream about playing golf, and from these responses, it looks pretty common. Most of mine are of playing "impossible" holes, or starting too late in the day to get in more than a few holes. The courses I struggle with in my nightmares don't exist anywhere except in my head. Must have something to do with the mental challenges in golf. I wonder what the successful pros dream of?

here's a Strange one. 3 nights ago I had a dream where there were people, men and women like 10 to 12 feet tall, just walking toward me with golf clubs in their hands, it seemed to take place on a links type course. If I walked, or ran, they sped up to keep up with me. Not sure if they were going to attack, or what..lol Seems like I walked/ran for about 1/4 of a mile, then woke up. Ya know, I'm sure that dream had a meaning, but not sure if I wanna know just what the blazes it is.

Note: This thread is 3793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!