IGNORED

Michelle Wie is HUGE

bnz506
Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok.........rules question. What if she decided NOT to play the second shot out of the hazard and announce an unplayable lie, thus dropping outside the hazard. Would she be penalized 2 strokes for grounding the club on a shot she was not going to play? With an unplayable, she would only be penalized 1 stroke verse 2 for grounding the club on the second attempt out of hazard.

She couldn't take an unplayable but she could have taken relief under the water hazard rule. Either way she still would have been penalized for grounding her club in the hazard that her ball was in. If her shot from the water got the ball out of the hazard, she would not have been penalized for grounding the club because her ball would no longer be in the hazard.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a reason she could hit with the men at 14 years old. I don't care about the photo's credentials but yes she is tall.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

She couldn't take an unplayable but she could have taken relief under the water hazard rule. Either way she still would have been penalized for grounding her club in the hazard that her ball was in. If her shot from the water got the ball out of the hazard, she would not have been penalized for grounding the club because her ball would no longer be in the hazard.

Thanks for getting my point of my question even though I worded it wrong! Got it. Thanks!

Funny thing is I have seen players use a club to pull/rake a ball out of a hazard that they do not plan to play it from. I guess that would be a penalty too.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

There is a reason she could hit with the men at 14 years old. I don't care about the photo's credentials but yes she is tall.

The photo is legit. It came directly from her website.

http://www.missmichellewie.com/forum/index.htm Click on Pictures, then 2010 HSBC Women's Champions. There is another one where they are standing over a table, painting that floral deal.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

She's a big girl physically... Strong legs, good distance off the tee...

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

185cm (6'1") is very tall for any girl, especially for a Korean (of Korean decent). This is a country where women average about 160cm (5'2") and men average about 178cm (5'9"). I wouldn't consider her "big" as there are many images on the web showing her "slender" side. For those who like her looks, She gets her looks from her mother, who is a former Miss Korea pageant winner.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Looks about spot on to me, saw Wie playing with Shin the other day, and this looks about right. Although I thought Wie was 6'1". Just remembered Tiger's 6'2" I think, and those two are fairly close....

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

• 3 months later...
No! The Beebs, too?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

If I seem Justin Beiber on this forum one more time, I might vomit.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

What sort of event would bring together Usher, Michelle Wie, and Justin Bieber anyway?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Bieber (sp?) is calling dibs on her "rack" whereas the other kid is setting his sights little lower (higher?).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

What sort of event would bring together Usher, Michelle Wie, and Justin Bieber anyway?

Usher and Bieber are already adjoined at the hip, it's the Wie part that has me flummoxed.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Something evil.. pure evil.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

damn, usher's just a wee little fella. wie is only 6', so that would make him an even 5'6'' by the look of things. i always wondered why famous people, excluding athletes, are so damn short.

Shes probably wearing heels so that probably makes her about 6'4" so usher is probably about about 5'9" or so which is still kinda short but not abnormally short. I guess the other 2 are shrimps guess they're pointing because they've never seen a real life amazon before and dont know what else to do.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!