IGNORED

Scotty Cameron California Putters

Note: This thread is 4031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, anyone try these out yet, have any opinion on them? They look really nice and I was thinking about trying/testing one out. I currently have a scotty newport 2 that I've had for around 4 years. No real need for a new putter, but these look extremely nice. Anyone get to try them out? Let me know what you think!

I've putted a bit with them and thought feel wise they were pretty similar to the studio select models. I didn't really notice any difference between the two (studio select vs. cali), they do look really nice to look down at.

They are gorgeous clubs, there is no doubting that. I hit a few putts with the Cali Coronado the other day. It felt like a Scotty which, for me, meant it felt a little hard. Gorgeous club. Sounds nice. Felt like the other Scotty's. It's just not for me.

I tried a California del mar out at golf mart on Saturday,i just loved it,i am definitely going to buy one.I am getting the one with the 20 gram weights though.I think the 4 degrees of loft will me roll a little better as i putt with a forward press.
Thanks for the info Kpaulhus

I had a tough choice to make when I bought my Scotty last week. It was a Calfornia, or a Studio. I went with the Newport 2, but honestly in the end it was just that I found it a little more pleasing to the eye lookijng down over it. Just a personal preference. But wonderful clubs.

• 3 months later...
I've putted with them a few times at GolfSmith and gotta say that they are really nice putters. I think that they have a very similar feel to the Studio Select series. Very beautiful to look at, especially the Coronado model.

Right now I have an older Pro Platinum Laguna Two that I got on eBay and then sent to the custom shop to have restored and personalized. It is the most beautiful club I've ever put in my bag!
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.