Note: This thread is 4138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the 56* Z TP Smoke.....and I know a lot of people on here don't like them, but mine is my favorite club in my bag (beside my Scotty). I have an original RAC 60* that I need to replace with the Z.

I used them....traded them out for some Vokeys, which got replaced by Callaway X-Tour Forged...which just got replaced by Nike VR Forged's....i like wedges!! :)
but the TM's were my least fav's of all of em

i have a 52* rac wedge that i got from dick's last year. to me it is far too light compared to most other wedges. not bad on distance, spin is average and the feel is ok not anything special. i threw a little lead tape on mine and its good now.

I got a 52* last summer from Dicks for $60. When I took it in to be re-gripped a week ago the guy who did the re-gripping told me they were going to be on sale for 2/$100. Guess he wasn't lying.

I like mine, but my wedge experience is not very varied. It does feel a little light compared to the other wedges I've tried, but I personally like that. When I did my online research last summer before buying mine, everyone I could find reviewed the TP very well; the normal RAC was also reviewed fairly decently.

My only complaint is that the 8* of bounce doesn't feel very prevalent. It's very easy to dig it into the dirt.

I tried the RAC a few months ago when I bought my Tour Preferred irons, they felt a bit on the light side. In our country most bunkers are of heavy sand so a slightly heavier wedges is the way to go. I went for a pair of the Wilson Staff TW9 ..... 52* / 8 bounce and 56* / 12 bounce and I use the 52*/8 around the green, rough and really hard and/or wet sand and the 56*/12 for the softer sand.

The plain RAC wedges aren't very good, but the RAC TP's (Y=cutter grooves) are excellent. I've used both. It didn't take me long to replace the RAC with a TP.
Haven't tried the Z-cutter grooves yet. Ready for new ones though, as mine are a couple years old; Looking for feedback on the new, replaceable face versions. If they perform as well as the Y grooves they'll have a winner given you won't need to replace the whole club when the face wears out.

I would suggest going to the golf shops and just looking around. Cleveland CG12 and CG14 models are selling at about $89, CG10s for less. Certain Callaway X-Forged and X-Tour wedges can be had for $69, along with some of the Mizuno wedges from a couple years ago. (Sorry I can't remember the model, but I don't follow Mizuno much).
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!