IGNORED

How do you keep your stamina for 18 holes?

Note: This thread is 3219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always get tired on the 15th hole. How do you keep your stamina up for 18 holes especially in Golf Tournaments?
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

I do a lot of running and cycling,builds up cardio strengh,a round of 18 is a lot easier when your not getting out of breath..

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

I usually drink a gatorade and eat a granola bar at the turn.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I´m ok playing by myself or in a 2-ball but a 4-ball tires me out, don´t know how the "bigger" players on tour can stand 5 hour rounds in the middle of summer.....

I try eat bananas and granola bars is I´m playing in a 4-ball competition.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I usually drink a gatorade and eat a granola bar at the turn.

Are those Energy bar really helping your stamina up ?

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

I make sure I have enough water and snacks. As for snacks, I will mix it up with different stuff every round but mostly I eat almonds, granola bars, energy bars, banana's, grapes, and my favorite is Snickers Marathon bars . I try to eat every 2-3 hours while playing or while on the practice range.

I keep in shape...?

In all honesty, not to sound harsh, but if you're getting tired just by walking 18 holes carrying, it sounds like you just need to get in shape. Not just for golf, but to have a better lifestyle. Most courses are around 3-4 miles so no one should have problems walking and carrying for 4 miles, considering that you get to stop so much. If you just get a better diet and maybe jog for 30 minutes a day you'll have no problem carrying 18 holes in no time.

-Gibby

I keep in shape...?

Exactly my point,stronger cardio,will really help,just 30 min a day or even 3 times a week,you will see a big change in a week or two..

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

Cardio 3-4 times per week and sometimes a Hydroxycut or red bull on those sluggish days.
In my Callaway Warbird stand bag:
Ping G15 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ S
Ping G15 4W 17* Aldila Serrano S
Adams IDEA A7 19* UST Mamiya AXIVcore S
TM 2009 Burners 4-PW / Titleist SM Vokeys 50, 56 & 62 / TM Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost / Titleist Pro V1

I've changed my work out routine from building strength to increasing my cardio and flexibility. I noticed by the 18th hole, I still have plenty of energy to play another 18 if I wanted to. Also, I use to eat alot of almond with flavoring and that didnt cut it. So I am now currrently snacking on granola bars and banana's. Also water is a must.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

Need to work on basic conditioning; running and/or cycling can get your legs it shape.

Also, ensure you are properly hydrated. Drink water the night before, before you play and during the front nine. Have a snack at the turn, and get some sports drink (Gatorade or others) during the back nine to replenish your electrolytes. Sports drink and the electrolytes prevents muscle cramping.

If you drink coffee on the way to the course, or have a couple of beers before you tee off, you will lose water out of your system as your body processes these beverages.

Many trainers recommend sports drink once any outdoors activity gets beyond 2 hours.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agree with WU Tiger. Drinking water throughout the round (not just if you feel thirsty) is a must. Even on days that are not particularly sunny or warm. You still sweat out a lot of water.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

I hink drinkiing water also i runat nights and some people play on lighted tennis courts for cardio
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

cardio, fluids, snacks, focus on each shot and have a pre-shot routine. I too have problems on the back nine and keep my scores low, do not answer your cell phone or check for messages.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

As a bicyclist, I think a lot of the tips are good here.
You need to know the difference between granola bars and energy bars. They don't offer the same thing. Coffee and cola with caffeine are dieuretic drinks that will help your body get rid of water. Just what you don't need on a hot day when you are trying to keep up your energy level.

Most important for cyclists who are riding a 120 mile course in 6 hours or less is to start eating and drinking before you start to feel the fatigue, by then it's too late. To stay at your best during a really tough round, drink regularly from the start, and eat a banana, or power bars, or cookies, mid way through each nine holes. Before 100 mile rides I used to have a great big plate of spaghetti the night before. That helps load up on carbo which your muscles need when working hard. The better shape you are in the more affect it will have.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Have an muesli bar after 7 or 8 holes. Drink plenty of water. Perhaps have a banana after 9. Gatorade and the like are just soft drinks. They provide no benefit and certainly nothing in the "electrolytic replacement" area. This is just marketing nonsense.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!