IGNORED

Cheyenne Woods (Tiger's Niece) Thread

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cheyenne Woods be a big star on the LPGA tour?

• Yes, she will be a star on the level with Michelle Wie.
    • No, she will play on the LPGA but never be a star.
    • She will not make the LPGA.

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Or the type of person who is on a phone at work. Not everything is as simple as you seem to be.

If you can post in an internet forum from your phone, you can google from your phone.

All he asked was where can he see the scores or view the golf card. All you had to say was Golf Channel.

If you know of a good site, such as the Golf Channel, this saves other members googling and then trying some out which aren't that great and eventually finding one that is good.

By telling others which site you use and recommending it, you're helping others find the info they need. I seriously don't see how that makes him lazy or asking others to do work for him. You were just being an ass, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by rossvanwyk

All he asked was where can he see the scores or view the golf card. All you had to say was Golf Channel.

If you know of a good site, such as the Golf Channel, this saves other members googling and then trying some out which aren't that great and eventually finding one that is good.

By telling others which site you use and recommending it, you're helping others find the info they need. I seriously don't see how that makes him lazy or asking others to do work for him. You were just being an ass, plain and simple.

No, I don't agree.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

If you can register on an internet forum and use the site, you are capable of doing a basic search and using some imagination.

It is not fair to ask others to do what you are more than capable of yourself.

I could have ignored the post, I could have gone to the card in 10 seconds and posted a link.

I chose not to.

It's like people coming here and asking very general stuff like:

"Please explain bounce to me"

"What are the new ball flight laws?"

That's not the same as asking a specific question which people with expertise can respond to.

That's what search engines are for.

How would you feel if I asked you to tell me what jack Nicklaus' scoring record in 1975 was?

Wouldn't you be thinking, "Geez, man. Can't you look it up yourself?"

Most likely, you'd ignore the question.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the World.

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will respectfully disagree Shorty. He simply said do you have the round breakdown/where I can find the card?

All you had to say was, Golf Channel, that's what I use and it's great and he would have said awesome, thanks.

That's how normal people respond.

Or you could have ignored it if it was going to be too much trouble to tell the guy what site you use and suggest that he use it too.

Hell, if you find something awesome to do with the golfing world involving Tiger Woods, don't tell us. Come on here and say "hey guys, google Tiger Woods July 2012 swing change if you want to see the latest on what he's working on. You might have to click through  bunch of crap links but I'm sure you'll find the right one."

• Administrator

None of this has to do with the topic. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I guess I think having a famous and over achieving relative in your career field is both a boon and a bane.   So if Cheyenne can avoid comparing herself to her uncle I think she'll do fine.  She certainly seems to have talent but should do it her own way.

Butch

Originally Posted by ApocG10

So being Woods Niece is definitely a gift.

Well yeah, more gifts than curses I would say.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• 2 years later...
Earned her LPGA Tour card today: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/cheyenne-woods-tigers-niece-earns-lpga-tour-card?sct=hp2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/12/cheyenne-woods-tiger-woods-lpga-qschool.html

Congrats!

At least one Woods played well this weekend!

UPDATE: With weekend rounds of 71 and 70, Woods easily climbed inside the top 20 to earn her LPGA Tour card for the first time. Here's a look at at the complete leader board from LPGA Q School.

"The LPGA has always been my dream so to know all the hard work has paid off is great," Woods said.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Earned her LPGA Tour card today: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/cheyenne-woods-tigers-niece-earns-lpga-tour-card?sct=hp2

Good for her! She had a less-than-stellar Symaetra Tour season, but great to see her do well down the stretch. A few notables there: Therese Koelbeck was a favorite of mine on Symetra (http://theresekoelbaek.com/golf-digest/). She did well this season but not enough to guarantee her LPGA card. Looks like she's in now. Charley Hull out? I thought she was an LPGA regular doing well. Emily Talley missed. Her season was mediocre so looks like she's heading back to Symetra to do it all over again.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

You got to give credit to Cheyenne seems to have done it on her own by grinding on the Ladies European Tour.

She is hotter than I realized.

I hate to see that Emily Talley missed it. She had a good season on the Symetra Tour.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

This is great news!  I wish her all of the success on the LPGA.  It's going to be really cool to see "Woods" on the leaderboards of the LPGA.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I think she's way hot.

You think Tiger is way hot! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator

So Cheyenne Woods #125 on the money list… doesn’t keep her card at all, not even close, right?

Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!